• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Yea I just sold mine for $38 and used the money to get the guide. Pretty awesome.

I thought about doing just that.. But I've been reading about how useful he is and maybe I should keep him for help in boss battles.
It's a struggle keeping Esther alive sometimes, haha.

TDLink

Would anyone recommend this game to someone who doesn't particularly like JRPG's? I've played (and love) a lot of Western RPG's, but I haven't played a legit JRPG since Final Fantasy 7.

I'm a fan of Studio Ghibli's art style, but not a fan of a lot of the tropes of the JRPG genre (every story is about revenge/menu-madness/rambling plots). But I've seen some reviews of this game and it looks enjoyable. I saw someone say that it's worth it to get the guide - that worries me.

So would you recommend to a JRPG noob?

The story isn't about revenge. If you liked FF7 you may like this. Hard to say without knowing exactly what you didn't like about other JRPGs but did like about FF7. The Ghibli art is very beautiful so even if you are just playing for that (plus Ghibli music too) I would say it's worth it.

I don't have the guide and am doing just fine btw, it isn't necessary at all. The game has everything you need to do everything...in the game.

Damn it. I am constantly looking over this thread. Friday should be the day! Hopefully i get to play a little after work :(

Sometimes having a girlfriend really sucks... lol

madhtr

Tokos only level up by killing Tokos :p

Apparently so... I feel like they decided to just condense all of their levels so there'd be less on purpose... cause I feel like it's gonna take a couple hundred thousand experience to max level these guys.

squall211

I feel like an idiot asking this question, but I redeemed my familiar code, have the ticket in my inventory, but what do I do with the ticket?

Takuya

Banned
I feel like an idiot asking this question, but I redeemed my familiar code, have the ticket in my inventory, but what do I do with the ticket?

You won't be able to redeem it in game until a certain point, and you'll know when you reach it. Not going to spoil anything for you.

Edit: Too late.

-NeoTB1-

Yeah, I hope that video doesn't spoil anything. I don't think it does, and even the guy who made the video is careful not to say/show much other than the location.

Beckx

If I redeem the DLC code, will the ticket be available for all the profiles on my PS3, or just mine? (If it's limited to just the redeeming profile, I want to let my daughter redeem it on her profile instead.)

Aeana

Damn, you guys weren't kidding about the Griffy DLC being sold for almost the cost of the game.

That's nuts.
I bought the Griffy DLC from a friend for $10, but I feel like I ripped him off considering how much it's going for. I just had to have all of the DLC familiars, and now I have them all. Griffy is the only one I have in my party, though. He's really powerful, but as far as I am in the game, I wouldn't say too dramatically overpowered compared to the rest of my guys. I'm sure he's stupidly overpowered at the start though.

JollyWolf

I bought the Griffy DLC from a friend for $10, but I feel like I ripped him off considering how much it's going for. I just had to have all of the DLC familiars, and now I have them all. Griffy is the only one I have in my party, though. He's really powerful, but as far as I am in the game, I wouldn't say too dramatically overpowered compared to the rest of my guys. I'm sure he's stupidly overpowered at the start though.

And I gave mine away for free. Hope you are happy Andrew.

Tex117

Banned
For the love of eff how to you catch the
Green babana bunch
This is really pissing me off. I have been at it for over 2 hours. Im so over leveled at this point, all the creatures run away from me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Are these DLC familiars impossible to get any other way, or why are they going for so much? And how many of them are there? I'm supposed to be getting four: Golden Mite + Golden Drongo with the WE, and Flutterby + Griffy for preordering. Is that all of them, or are there more DLC-exclusive ones?

madhtr

For the love of eff how to you catch the
Green babana bunch
This is really pissing me off. I have been at it for over 2 hours. Im so over leveled at this point, all the creatures run away from me.

All you can do is keep fighting them. I just went back to get a Naja... talk about frustrating at level 50... Nothing like 13 exp 50 times. I actually leveled a familiar up somehow.

Andrew.

Banned
I just went back to get a Naja... talk about frustrating at level 50... Nothing like 13 exp 50 times. I actually leveled a familiar up somehow.

Nice. Cant wait to do that when I get home tonight =/ sar.cas.m.

Good thing I love the game so much.

TDLink

Are these DLC familiars impossible to get any other way, or why are they going for so much? And how many of them are there? I'm supposed to be getting four: Golden Mite + Golden Drongo with the WE, and Flutterby + Griffy for preordering. Is that all of them, or are there more DLC-exclusive ones?

Draggle is a free DLC only familiar in Europe and Australia (for it coming out later in those regions). Don't think there is a way to get him yet in North America, though you can catch Gold Draggles in the post game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Draggle is a free DLC only familiar in Europe and Australia (for it coming out later in those regions). Don't think there is a way to get him yet in North America, though you can catch Gold Draggles in the post game.

Oh yeah, getting that one too then. So that makes five free DLC familiars for me.

Should I activate the codes for these before I start playing the game, or how does all that work?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any idea where I can get courage for Proposal Postponed? I've ran across every town looking for it. It's the only errand I've got left on the available ones I can do right now

TDLink

Any idea where I can get courage for Proposal Postponed? I've ran across every town looking for it. It's the only errand I've got left on the available ones I can do right now

You can't get the courage for that until you get to the next town, IIRC.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anything missable in
past Hamelin
? I figured it was a one shot deal and now I've been explicitly told "you won't be able to return here!"

madhtr

Is there anything missable in
past Hamelin
? I figured it was a one shot deal and now I've been explicitly told "you won't be able to return here!"

Nope, you're good.

Edit: Draggles can be found in the game, so only DLC not available in the game is the griffy, which is unfortunate. Wish I had known, I could have done without the steelbook.

Goli

Something really annoying about the lack of voice acting near the end is that they seem to randomly have added voice acting in certain bits, generally when that happened I had already read the text and went to the next dialogue mid-voice file accidentally.

Also, Marcassin > everyone.

RPGCrazied

I thought I beat the game, but it keeps going and going!

Just defeated Shadar, and about to cleanse the last town of ash. Do any more bounties show up? I keep checking, but nothing. I noticed I got one errand after cleansing the ash in ding dong dell and al mooni.

Nearing 50 hours.

Goli

I thought I beat the game, but it keeps going and going!

Just defeated Shadar, and about to cleanse the last town of ash. Do any more bounties show up? I keep checking, but nothing. I noticed I got one errand after cleansing the ash in ding dong dell and al mooni.

Nearing 50 hours.

There are a few more and then a bunch more unlock after you beat it. Most are bounties and not errands though

Top Bottom