• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Something really annoying about the lack of voice acting near the end is that they seem to randomly have added voice acting in certain bits, generally when that happened I had already read the text and went to the next dialogue mid-voice file accidentally.

Also, Marcassin > everyone.

Yeah, they'll voice act the conclusion of a nondescript sidequest (the curry one, for example) while leaving a major plot point totally silent. Don't know why they did that.

RPGCrazied

There are a few more and then a bunch more unlock after you beat it. Most are bounties and not errands though

Ok, thanks.

And yeah, that's my biggest beef of the game. I wish most of it was voiced. Its kinda sad in the later half you will litereally get one or 2 words voiced and the rest is text. In a lot of scenes.

TDLink

Nope, you're good.

Edit: Draggles can be found in the game, so only DLC not available in the game is the griffy, which is unfortunate. Wish I had known, I could have done without the steelbook.

Where? As far as I know you can't get normal Draggles in game, only the Golden ones in the post-game.

Ryuukan

Not sure if its been mentioned, but Griffy is crazy powerful, really high stats. He gets to his second form very early too. He's not even listed in the strategy guide.

Gold hurly is a disgrace comparitively.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Where the hell am I supposed to stand to get the green chest on Tombstone Trail? I hate how many of these chests don't have an obvious trigger point.

EDIT: Nevermind. Ugh.

Durante

Help!

At the northern end of the first island chain you get to after you get the boat, the map shows a hidden treasure chest. It's very close to where you find
the crab for sidequest #50
. However, I feel like I've clicked every square centimeter of that area and didn't find the chest. Can anyone tell me its exact location?

Edit: Got it. It's
at a tree further south
. I sometimes feel like the locations marked in the companion are intentional trolling.

Goli

Help!

At the northern end of the first island chain you get to after you get the boat, the map shows a hidden treasure chest. It's very close to where you find
the crab for sidequest #50
. However, I feel like I've clicked every square centimeter of that area and didn't find the chest. Can anyone tell me its exact location?

Edit: Got it. It's
at a tree further south
. I sometimes feel like the locations marked in the companion are intentional trolling.

If you're really frustrated with that then it's probably better to wait till you get the spell the chests on your minimap. None of them contain stuff that is *that* useful anyway.

I know this has been brought up in here before but I can't seem to find it. Where are the missables in this game? I want to make sure I haven't passed them yet.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Thanks for posting that. Sold the game today and was going to delete my Amazon messege with the Griffy DLC code until I noticed this. Sold the DLC for $35 in less than 1 min. Must be an amazing Familiar :eek:

Haha, wtf... Oh well, I'm buying this game to have fun with it, not to make my money back, so I'll be keeping my Griffy!

Ricker

Horace prequel game pls

Yeah,his first task made me read the story and it kinda reminded me of the Lost Odyssey stories,in a lighter tone of course but it was a nice change of pace...the in game book is a little annoying to navigate at first but I enjoy it now...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not sure if its been mentioned, but Griffy is crazy powerful, really high stats. He gets to his second form very early too. He's not even listed in the strategy guide.

Gold hurly is a disgrace comparitively.

Hmm, too powerful to use even? I don't want the game to become too easy because of a good DLC familiar that you're typically not "supposed" to have.

khaaan

Just got a text saying my Wizards Edition showed up! Time to go home, dim the lights, put on some Barry White and undress that package. My body is ready.

madhtr

Where? As far as I know you can't get normal Draggles in game, only the Golden ones in the post-game.

Maybe I'm wrong. Keep in mind I am basing this on reading the Wizard's companion. They don't list griffy at all in it, but do list the draggle... They list its location as unknown, but it makes me think they're located somewhere.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The only miss ables are bestiary related.
during the ash falling event

madhtr

The only miss ables are bestiary related.
during the ash falling event

Also, you can only fight
Firefry on the Road to Ruin. Once you clear the Marsh and the castle, you can't fight him anymore. Obviously you could just morph a familiar into one, but that's the only place to fight one.

Emilbus

So how do these trick gems work? I'm trying to feed one to my familiar to teach it a move but it can't eat it. Are they specific to what element the familiars are? Or can i only teach the familiar moves it can learn only.

madhtr

So how do these trick gems work? I'm trying to feed one to my familiar to teach it a move but it can't eat it. Are they specific to what element the familiars are? Or can i only teach the familiar moves it can learn only.

Found this on the Prima site that might help a little:

PrimaGames said:
Not every familiar can eat every gem; the elemental nature of the gem needs to agree with them.

But most familiars are able to eat a wide variety of gems. Gems are a great way to teach powerful abilities to lower-level familiars who would otherwise be useless in combat.

Dartastic

I'm at the boss in the volcano. All I have to say about that, is the fact that volcanic roar is some bullshit. Each time it happens I can only tell one party member to defend, and the other one eats about half of their health. Even worse, is the fact that I don't even have a spell to revive anyone yet. Arrrrrghhghhhghhhg

madhtr

I'm at the boss in the volcano. All I have to say about that, is the fact that volcanic roar is some bullshit. Each time it happens I can only tell one party member to defend, and the other one eats about half of their health. Even worse, is the fact that I don't even have a spell to revive anyone yet. Arrrrrghhghhhghhhg

Just remain controlling Oliver, kite the boss, casting frostbite. This is a very quick way to end that battle.

I finally got to try out the game a few days ago, and I have to say that it's pretty good. Definitely not Pokemon since you're summoning familiars and all that, but I would still consider it Sony's Pokemon equivalent.

madhtr

I was trying to do it with my other character and volcanic roar just screws everything up. I'll just have to try again. :/

When it happens, only worry about defending with one character, once you switch to the other, the one you defended with before will do what they want. That is why I say
only worry about controlling Oliver
, at this point at least.

madhtr

"Pull him out"? Sorry, I don't know how all the game mechanics work, have only played the demo!

Each familiar has stamina, and once it runs out, they do barely any damage, and need to be replaced by another, or the party member. I assume this is what we're talking about? I didn't look through the conversation.

There's a non-legal version already on the internets. Someone at GameFaqs posted it last week apparently. People in this thread were talking about it last week.

Yeah, but we've already been told twice to stop talking about it... I wouldn't recommend continuing on this course.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Each familiar has stamina, and once it runs out, they do barely any damage, and need to be replaced by another, or the party member. I assume this is what we're talking about? I didn't look through the conversation.

Ah, I see. So it's not like familiars you get early on will become useless later in the game because newer ones will be much more powerful? That was the other possible interpretation of his answer I could think of.

madhtr

Ah, I see. So it's not like familiars you get early on will become useless later in the game because newer ones will be much more powerful?

Oh, you'll find some familiars that will be much more powerful, eventually. It's all about what you want to use, though.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oh, you'll find some familiars that will be much more powerful, eventually. It's all about what you want to use, though.

Hm, ok. But do they work like RPG gear, in that you'll find more powerful ones as you reach higher levels, or could you level up a very early familiar to be awesome even at later levels?

madhtr

Has anybody bought the strategy guide by Prima Games? How helpful is it?

If you like guides, it is very helpful. Also a lot of good art, a bunch of interviews, good strategies, and it also helps you find hidden treasures. Up to you if that is helpful. I love guides, myself.

Hm, ok. But do they work like RPG gear, in that you'll find more powerful ones as you reach higher levels, or could you level up a very early familiar to be awesome even at later levels?

There are familiars you can find early that can be great, some that will be good at first, some that will be good later, and some that are no help at all. Also, you can use weapons, armor, accessories on your party and each familiar. Each familiar also uses different gear based on what type of familiar they are. A good defensive one might have all armor it can wear, while an offensive one might have a staff or a sword. Etc, etc, etc. A lot of strategy to be used.

Any suggestion on what to pick for
the three familiar options you get after the trials?
? Just wondering if there is a most useful choice

madhtr

I don't remember what I took, but I know I never used any of them as a main familiar. At this point I have tamed all three available.

anddo0

There are just some things this game does that totally piss me off. I understand that enemies run away from you once you hit a certain level. But when you have to farm said enemies it becomes a pain. Even with the sneak perk they run away, and most are too fast to be caught. I'm currently trying to catch a Bat enemy for some stupid slapsticks drops. But can't get within 5 feet of him (from behind) without him running away. /rant

Edit:

to show just how BS this is:

Tip for monsters running away: Open and close the spell menu.

It will change the monster's fleeing direction. Also, it work more than once. Enjoy!

Hope it helps for whatever the reason.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65302321

madhtr

There are just some things this game does that totally piss me off. I understand that enemies run away from you once you hit a certain level. But when you have to farm said enemies it becomes a pain. Even with the sneak perk they run away, and most are too fast to be caught. I'm currently trying to catch a Bat enemy for some stupid slapsticks drops. But can't get within 5 feet of him (from behind) without him running away. /rant

Yeah, I agree... I really hope there will be a spell or an item that causes enemies not to sense you... That would really come in handy.

Acrylic7

FUCKING ESTHER!

I wanted a Naja, so I went back to Ding Dong Dell, to try and find one. The problem was that I didn't read Naja's location properly. I thought it said Ding Dong Dell, but is was in fact inside of the Ding Dong WELL.
So anyways I run around the fields for 15 minutes looking for one and thought to myself "hmmm maybe they are in a secret location". So I come to this one pot that required me to make a bridge, I did so and got my ass handed to me by a pack of insanely cute Familiars. So I tried one more time just to search around and see if I could find one. I soon realize that they aren't there and are in fact located in the Well. So I try to avoid the cute brutes at all cost, but one jumped out of the trees.
This time I manage to win a fight, and a Familiar in its Final Form wanted to join me. But guess who was knocked out because she burned though the MP.............

It was the cute Pink Sheep thing with a halo on its horn.
I hope level 5 is reading this thread.

Edit:

Just wait into they turn around, the Wombats aren't very fast.
Or you could just run into any enemy, about 50% of the time there is a Wombat within the group.

It doesn't matter, all three suck. I got the Healing thing and it is useless.

madhtr

FUCKING ESTHER!

I wanted a Naja, so I went back to Ding Dong Dell, to try and find one. The problem was that I didn't read Naja's location properly. I thought it said Ding Dong Dell, but is was in fact inside of the Ding Dong WELL.
So anyways I run around the fields for 15 minutes looking for one and thought to myself "hmmm maybe they are in a secret location". So I come to this one pot that required me to make a bridge, I did so and got my ass handed to me by a pack of insanely cute Familiars. So I tried one more time just to search around and see if I could find one. I soon realize that they aren't there and are in fact located in the Well. So I try to avoid the cute brutes at all cost, but one jumped out of the trees.
This time I manage to win a fight, and a Familiar in its Final Form wanted to join me. But guess who was knocked out because she burned though the MP.............

It was the cute Pink Sheep thing with a halo on its horn.
I hope level 5 is reading this thread.

What the heck... you must be ahead of me, because all of the enemies I face in the well are level one enemies, and not sure why there would be enemies in the town itself... If it's a spoiler, don't explain it, please.

Goli

Edit:

Cast Veil on yourself and enemies won't run.

Top Bottom