• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Sanctuary

Just got to the Tombstone Trail. FFFFFFFFFFF the final boss in that area nearly wiped the floor using my party members. I barely won the fight with only Oliver as the only surviving member.

I think I'm going to level up a bit more since my party is only about Level 30+ at the moment.

That's plenty high for where you're at. The boss you're talking about is on the "cheap" end of the spectrum, and it's probably typical for most people to end it with a single character standing.

I just got my purrloiner high enough to evolve him to his second form. I hope I see some improvement because so far he's been a disappointment.

Naja I just got one so verdict is still out.

Naja are pretty useless until close to their third form. They can deal really decent damage before then, but they can't soak hits at all. The Puss is also greatly overrated. It doesn't even equal Mite's ability until it's around level 25 in it's second form. Most people go ga-ga over it because it looks cool.

I just got my purrloiner high enough to evolve him to his second form. I hope I see some improvement because so far he's been a disappointment.

Naja I just got one so verdict is still out.

I didn't find Purrloiner all that great, I stuck mostly to my original Mite, but after a bit of leveling Cutpursse and later Puss in Bouts have been awesome. I think it's mostly their attack rate. Once their damage and accuracy went up they could quickly whittle away an enemies life bar.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Extremely over leveled and I've died to the last boss twice. AI is so pathetic :/

It doesn't help that luck can be a pretty big factor in that fight. The first time I went through everything was a cakewalk until I got the
final form down to 30%
and then it just starts chain casting chaos on me with no time to heal in between. That was the first time I died throughout the entire game. Then the next time I go through
her first form
kicks my ass hard even though that part was a breeze on my first attempt.

burgerdog

It doesn't help that luck can be a pretty big factor in that fight. The first time I went through everything was a cakewalk until I got the
final form down to 30%
and then it just starts chain casting chaos on me with no time to heal in between. That was the first time I died throughout the entire game. Then the next time I go through
her first form
kicks my ass hard even though that part was a breeze on my first attempt.

Final Form at 30% is what's destroying me, I just can't keep up with the healing so damage on her nearly comes to a halt completely. I think I can set up a character with nothing but dps familiars and heal with the other two.

Derrick01

Banned
Extremely over leveled and I've died to the last boss twice. AI is so pathetic :/

I was in the 80s I think when I did that and still struggled a bit. Partially because I have to make sure the AI doesn't burn through its mana for healing but yeah the boss still hits pretty hard.

So, where's this dinoceros guy? The big battle seems to be right around the corner and I'm still using the starting pokemon(well, out of commission right now, due to final metamorph). And what level do I need to be to go after him?

You can find him on the plateaus to the North of Al-Mamoon. They're fairly uncommon spawns, so you may need to save/reload or use the Gateway trick to farm Dinoceros encounters. With some luck, it won't take you too many tries to tame one.

As for level, they aren't really hard to take down... if you're near the final battle, you won't have an issue.

That's plenty high for where you're at. The boss you're talking about is on the "cheap" end of the spectrum, and it's probably typical for most people to end it with a single character standing.

Naja are pretty useless until close to their third form. They can deal really decent damage before then, but they can't soak hits at all. The Puss is also greatly overrated. It doesn't even equal Mite's ability until it's around level 25 in it's second form. Most people go ga-ga over it because it looks cool.
purrloiner isn't GREAT late game but it's a solid performer all around, epecially as puss in boats. High speed movement and attack, solid damage, and good abilities. Straight up SOLID.

Mahanaja is just beasting always.

Dino is the most OP in the game. Those 3 are great for Oliver.

is it under a glittering spot? thats what ive been looking for i thought i found it but it was like a walnut kinda thing instead

I believe there's a group of trees right near that glittering spot. That's where it is. You pretty much just walk into the middle of the trees and it'll bring you to these people. Remember, you need a carrot cake to trade the fungus for.

Paches

Is it weird to anyone else that one of the only black important NPCs is the only one I can remember with visible, giant lips?

TTG

You can find him on the plateaus to the North of Al-Mamoon. They're fairly uncommon spawns, so you may need to save/reload or use the Gateway trick to farm Dinoceros encounters. With some luck, it won't take you too many tries to tame one.

As for level, they aren't really hard to take down... if you're near the final battle, you won't have an issue.

Thanks, I got him and then went on my first "grind" by hunting after that one creature outside Peridia(sp?) that's worth 8000 xp. Hopefully there's some time to get him to the final stage, I'm currently dealing with "holy wood".

The one downside I can see with this guy is he doesn't have a defend option. I've been using that so much in boss battles, how else am I going to get those golden orbs?

Danj

I was 65 for the final boss and it got close quite a few times, but didn't die.
The AI helps a ton

I just beat the
not-final
boss and now dealing with the
manna fallout
stuff, will I really need to level up to 65 before getting to the next boss?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Unless I'm doing it wrong (I'm following the tutorial exactly) that steal trick isn't nearly as useful as it sounds. I played one battle for an hour before a gold glim appeared and when it did fucking Esther and Drippy boxed me in so I couldn't get it. Seems like a nice idea but I got more materials by using mugshot and hoping for the best.

Balphon

Unless I'm doing it wrong (I'm following the tutorial exactly) that steal trick isn't nearly as useful as it sounds. I played one battle for an hour before a gold glim appeared and when it did fucking Esther and Drippy boxed me in so I couldn't get it. Seems like a nice idea but I got more materials by using mugshot and hoping for the best.

You probably just hit a run of bad luck; it typically took me 3-5 minutes to get a gold glim to show up.

TTG

Nope, she heals me like a pro!

Se sure does. Too bad she spends the rest of her time attacking enemies for a massive 1 or 2 points of damage. Nothing like glancing over at your party members in the middle of a battle to find them not using their familiars and just whacking away at the nearest enemy.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
You probably just hit a run of bad luck; it typically took me 3-5 minutes to get a gold glim to show up.

It was more than one battle though. Typically I'd play for 10-15 minutes before giving up but then I decided to stick with it for longer...An hour is fucking ridiculous.

Broken down:
In one hour of normal steal-and-hope-for-the-best I got: Scroll of Truth x 1, kaleidostone x 3
In more than two hours of attempting the steal trick I got: kaleidostone x 1

Seems like more than bad luck.

EDIT: Where were you farming?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've got to say. Most the familiar designs in this game are just 'ok' but nothing I really feel that great about... Except Puss in Boats. Holy shit, Puss in Boats is so awesome and cute at the same time. I've had him for the second longest behind Mitey(and it helps that his stats are so good. I'll use War Cry on my Dino and then use Drop Chop with Puss)

TTG

Defend plus party command for defense at the right time means either gold glims or a shower of the blue and green stuff. It's a reflex at this point, enemy starts to load up, I just go to that. Sometimes I react too quickly and the timer for defense runs out by the time they cast a spell. I think the chance for it showing up is proportional to the amount of damage you're blocking. You need a stronger type of enemy and it really helps if more than one party member are blocking.

Are you suppose to steal with Swaine? Because I have a hard time leaving Oliver for any length of time during the harder fights.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My game keeps locking up at this part

http://youtu.be/dTOfhycgFYI?t=2m40s

The music cuts out the scene doesnt even start music pauses then starts back up like normal I have no control over my character and any monsters that are around will still notice me and charge me then they are forever running inside me as well Im not really there.

Balphon

It was more than one battle though. Typically I'd play for 10-15 minutes before giving up but then I decided to stick with it for longer...An hour is fucking ridiculous.

Broken down:
In one hour of normal steal-and-hope-for-the-best I got: Scroll of Truth x 1, kaleidostone x 3
In more than two hours of attempting the steal trick I got: kaleidostone x 1

Seems like more than bad luck.

EDIT: Where were you farming?

I did Kaleidostones in Glittering Grotto and Scrolls of Truth in Tombstone Trail. Took about 2 hours to get everything.

dumb question perhaps, but what do I do with the tickets for the DLC familiars? I have them in my inventory and don't know what to do with them? :(

btw what triggers
trippy
to jump in? I have not figured it out so far.

h3ro

Audίoboxer;47524596 said:
Got to Hamelin (sp?) and then discovered I could grind tokos. Thought I had to be able to fly. First I went and tamed a lumberwood, then spent an hour or so grinding tokos and managed to get the team up to level 45 and capture one toko!

Think I'm way overlevelled now

I just got to Hamelin myself. Where can grind Tokos in this area?

My game keeps locking up at this part

http://youtu.be/dTOfhycgFYI?t=2m40s

The music cuts out the scene doesnt even start music pauses then starts back up like normal I have no control over my character and any monsters that are around will still notice me and charge me then they are forever running inside me as well Im not really there.

Have you tried deleting the game data and re-install it? Maybe something is corrupt.

dumb question perhaps, but what do I do with the tickets for the DLC familiars? I have them in my inventory and don't know what to do with them? :(
Speak to
Solomon in the Temple of Trials to redeem the tickets.

Broman1978

Finished the game, got almost every Trophy. The only one left is the
Mad scientist
Trophy and the
Familiarologist
Trophy
But I dont know if I will ever get them=P
Seems so time consuming=P
Overall one of my favorite RPG Ever! =)

Do I have to
win all the games
before? Cause he's only offering them right now.
Are you speaking to him or his assistant? If you are speaking to him, then I don't know. I was aware that I had to talk to him, so I talked to him as soon as
I beat the 3 trials

The game really should make it clear that he can give familiars from tickets.

Apenheul

I wasn't feeling it for the first 10 hours or so but the game definitely gets better. It's mostly the charm and amazing production values that do it for me, but I wouldn't say the core gameplay is boring either. Hopefully we'll see more collaborations between Level-5 and Ghibli Studios.

Are you speaking to him or his assistant? If you are speaking to him, then I don't know. I was aware that I had to talk to him, so I talked to him as soon as
I beat the 3 trials

The game really should make it clear that he can give familiars from tickets.
Thanks! Spoke to him again, he did rephrase his sentence and added the second option to the end.

The game (and the vouchers) should make clear how to redeem them, yep. Haven't found a clue to go to him though. It's really trial and error :(

I have a question

if you look a the world map drawn on the wizard companion, there are many black signs on the lands which look like key holes

does anyone know what are they for?

Audioboxer

Lumberwood and Monolith are beast tanks. Basically indestructible.

Someone asked me earlier where to get lumberwood, when you get the boat there's an island south east of where your quest marker to Hamelin is. He's left of the beach where you dock, appears on the map as a fat green tree in the middle of a forest. I'd post a picture but I'm on my phone. Only a 6% capture rate.

Replicant

This game is awesome. I am flying on a dragon. It's just unbelievable.

EDIT: Ha! Got Duncecap, Psychophant, and Lumberwood all in one go.

SkylineRKR

Audίoboxer;47539743 said:
Lumberwood and Monolith are beast tanks. Basically indestructible.

Someone asked me earlier where to get lumberwood, when you get the boat there's an island south east of where your quest marker to Hamelin is. He's left of the beach where you dock, appears on the map as a fat green tree in the middle of a forest. I'd post a picture but I'm on my phone. Only a 6% capture rate.

Yeah. I found him there yesterday. He spawns at the west tip of the island, not far from the beach. I saved near his spot, constantly reloading until I was able to capture him. Didn't take me that many tries. The enemies there are difficult if you're below 30 though.

Bladenic

So I finished all the hunts and defeated the bonus boss at level 80 with no trouble. Basically 80 or maybe even a bit less is all you need to complete the entirety of the game's content.

Lagunamov

I beat the game two-three days ago and I got all the trophies less two (120 recipies and 200 pokemon). Ok, the game is excellent but is very overrated: the plot is forgettable, boring characters and the ending is a shit. Somebody had the sense that
they forget Drippy around 50% of the game? In the beginning is a incredible character, but his lines are reduced while you are progressing along the game
. I had a fantastic experience, but level 5 failed again.

Derrick01

Banned
Finally got all of the trophies except the 2 ridiculously grindy ones (alchemy and familiar collecting) so with that I'm done. Decent game at the end of the day even with the 20 hour slow start.

Top Bottom