• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

4-5h in i just defeated
the mechanics bad soul thing or whatever that was.
how long till i finally can capture familiars myself?

Mikey Jr.

I was thinking about not bothering with anymore trophies after beating the game. But it showed I only have 23%. I cant let that be shown.

RangerBAD

I'm extremely confused why they even made planet a familiar sign. Unless I'm missing something, there's only one Planet familiar. And yeah, star seems to be the one that holds the best familiars.

And RangerBAD, that may be your problem. Cata is the only familiar you need once you get him, the rest honestly become mostly obsolete.

I was able to do all my fights fine with the current setup, so I didn't change it up. :/

Audioboxer

Fuuuuu @ the amount of EXP needed to level up Toko!

Think I'll put it on the backburner and finally carry on with the story. At Hamelin right now, hoping I can fly soon \m/

Bit of a selection crisis with Esther, I have Golden Drongo, Stranglerfish, Lumberwood, Wham Bat and Bubbud (all final morph ready).

Balphon

I'm extremely confused why they even made planet a familiar sign. Unless I'm missing something, there's only one Planet familiar. And yeah, star seems to be the one that holds the best familiars.

And RangerBAD, that may be your problem. Cata is the only familiar you need once you get him, the rest honestly become mostly obsolete.

There's only one that's planet by default, but others can really rarely come up as planet instead of their normal sign. You're right, though; it's silly.

CipherT

Neo Member
Has anyone tried the Golden Mite and Golden Drongo familiars? also does anyone know if a code from an EU wizard edition would work on an NA account? (friend purchased one and is freaking out now if it will or will not work.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Does the game become challenging at all? Just received a wand and on my to the desert and so far it's been press X to win.

Lol. Keep playing.

You're still really early in the game. You can pretty much count the first 6-10 hours of game time as tutorial. The game doesn't really get going until you finish the desert area and beyond.

JollyWolf

Has anyone tried the Golden Mite and Golden Drongo familiars? also does anyone know if a code from an EU wizard edition would work on an NA account? (friend purchased one and is freaking out now if it will or will not work.

It seems we still have a problem.

Also another good tip is to switch between mitey and Oliver right before you get attack and are in low health. You can avoid a hit from the bad guys this way and allow you a little bit of time to heal up. Then you can switch back to Mitey and fight again.

It's also ok to die as long as you press continue instead of going back to the title screen, you might lose some money, but you get to keep your XP.

But...the HP of Oliver is the same as of Mitey...or am I mistaken? I mean when Oliver gets hit, it will also affect Mitey. So, what is the point of swithing them? Or do you mean, that the attack of your enemy continues while switching and therefore the enemy won't be able to attack?

Clegg

Is there a trick to catching a Purrloiner?

I've fought loads of them and I haven't been given the option of taming one yet.

Can't wait for
Porco Rosso 2!

I'm so close, but the S-Rank fights are really beating me good.

What level are you? I find it surprising that you could have done everything else in the game and have S-rank be that much of a challenge. I was pretty high when I cleared it (level 80), but I feel like I could have done it earlier, as I was able to get to the final round at a much lower level (I want to say 65, but that seems to be a bit too low, so somewhere between that and 80).

x3r0123

beat the game, now to decide whenever i want to plat it or not. those low drop/spawn rate is putting me off

make an eu account
activate code
download familiars
change back to na
????
profit

Raw64life

I wasn't even trying to grind Tokotoko's but doing all the sidequests as soon as they became available kind of made it a necessity and it made me quite overleveled as a result. Went into Miasma Marshes at level 60 and breezed through it and Nevermore.

42 hours in and about to enter the Ivory Tower. The plot twists were rather predictable and I don't like how they
give you a new 4th party member when you're already 90% through the game. He's way underleveled compared to everyone else and even if he's better than any of the original 3 I probably still won't ever use him

Audioboxer

Is there a trick to catching a Purrloiner?

I've fought loads of them and I haven't been given the option of tamin gone yet.

Luck.

I think Purrloiner is a 12% catch rate, didn't take me that long. I had more trouble from Little Bighorn and of course, Toko.

doesn't work normally. DLC is mostly different for each region.

breakfuss

I like this game, but I cannot get over how bad Esther is. Grabs health, mana, and gold orbs when she doesn't need them. The party AI holds this game back from perfection.

I'm with you. Wrote the same thing here yesterday. Esther is just God awful. It'd be one thing if she just wasn't helpful, but to jack the drops on the field?!?! And, don't get me started on how she actually RUNS into the proximity of an imminent attack, but refuses to defend.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Reinstalling the game fixed my problem. Thing is that's the second time I had to do it :/

Oh well at least Ive gotten a ton of drops this time going through stuff its like the game felt sorry for me.

thanks to the people who helped me out on fungus hamelin task last night. i was looking for a glittery thing on the ground i would have never found it without gaffers

FINALBOSS

Banned
In the last area and thinking about starting a brand new game again once I finish.

Doing like all new familiars the next time around.

nny

Started the game today; it feels great to have a physical object as a companion to the game. Reminded me of the old big box PC games, where part of the contents helped flesh out the world the game took place. Good stuff.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just got my second party member. Fights seem a bit hectic now...Is it worth even controlling anyone but Isaac and his familiars in battle?

E: Oliver. I meant Oliver. But I won't change the original since I have NO fucking clue what I was thinking.

breakfuss

He's who you play as if you get Oliver hit by a car at the beginning of the game when crossing the street.

lmfao!
emot-LMAO.gif

Raven77

Wow...I am REALLY struggling to grasp how the combat in this game works.

I feel like there are some systems in place based on timing, etc. but every fight I get in the enemies just attack relentlessly and so quickly that I don't even have time to execute any kind of strategy before I'm dead.

Any tips, youtube videos? anything?

Should I be controlling oliver or my companion monsters? I'm so lost...

Wow...I am REALLY struggling to grasp how the combat in this game works.

I feel like there are some systems in place based on timing, etc. but every fight I get in the enemies just attack relentlessly and so quickly that I don't even have time to execute any kind of strategy before I'm dead.

Any tips, youtube videos? anything?

Should I be controlling oliver or my companion monsters? I'm so lost...

It sounds like you are early in the game, only worry about your Mite for a long time. If you are having trouble taking something down or have low health, switch to Oliver and use his spells. Buy equipment whenever you see them.

Your first monster has great Physical and Magic defence, much better than anything you can catch early on or Oliver himself. They share the HP bar, so use the guy with good defense for as long as you can and try to not get hit as Oliver.

Top Bottom