• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

ta9qi

I catched 2 tokos while i was doing another side quest @@
completed yesterday all the errands/bounty hunts..i dont think i'll go to the platinum,hate all the time consuming in farming and counting on the luck :(
tried to beat temple of trials, but rank S was hard and made me miss hunting more toko's

Jaroof

I don't know about anyone else, but when
they gave the option to switch Marcassin in as a party member, I immediately threw Swaine's ass out

I don't know about anyone else, but when
they gave the option to switch Marcassin in as a party member, I immediately threw Swaine's ass out

Bizarrely my team management throughout the game was minimal. I left Esther set to keep us healthy and Swaine to do whatever he wanted. The familiars they used were just the ones that they came with and the next 4 I caught. Only late on did I swap a Purrliner in with Esther. Other than that there was no actual management of characters from me and I played through on Normal with minimal fuss.

h3ro

Finally got Tengri. First order of business was to get me a Dinoceros and caught one on my first try!

Thought of the most badass name I could give him and think I found the best possible name for him... Grimlock.

nikos

Ended up picking this game up. I'm about 2.5 hours in and really enjoying it so far. Hopefully it holds my interest all the way through.

khaaan

Sales are looking good although I'm not expecting it to hold such a high position for much longer. For reference, the DS version sold about 170,000 during its first week while the PS3 did 67,000 in Japan. The only total sales number for the DS version was 500,000 but that was from March 2011

Unrelated but after playing through this part of the game, seeing the DS version of it made me smile
cp8P9qp.jpg

I'm probably going to waste time skimming through a playthrough of the DS version just to see the locales.

Bladenic

Sales are looking good although I'm not expecting it to hold such a high position for much longer. For reference, the DS version sold about 170,000 during its first week while the PS3 did 67,000 in Japan. The only total sales number for the DS version was 500,000 but that was from March 2011

Unrelated but after playing through this part of the game, seeing the DS version of it made me smile
cp8P9qp.jpg

I'm probably going to waste time skimming through a playthrough of the DS version just to see the locales.

Let me know if you can find a playthrough, I've never had any luck.

Boulayman

Have we gotten any statement about the Level 5 view on the January Sales ? I think they must be pretty happy ? I hope it will compensate somewhat for the lackluster jp ones ;(

cp8P9qp.jpg

I'm headed to Japan next year, I'll probably pick up a cheap copy to check it out.

Torraz

Not sure I want to finish the game. Also not sure how much I'm still liking it.

Just got the dragon. Mostly due to the shitty monster capture RNG system that has made me completely overleveled. Combat is even more boring now.

How much longer is the story once one gets flying?

Orcastar

Ni No Kuni debuted at number 3 on the Finnish charts (actual games sold) last week and dropped to number 7 this week. I guess that's pretty good considering the lack of marketing.

I'm currently about 26 hours in and really enjoying it so far, even though the AI is horrible. Stop wasting all your mana, goddamn! Even so I haven't had any difficulties playing on normal, though I suspect I'm somewhat overleveled from doing every sidequest I've come across and generally never avoiding fights.

hswbaz

Neo Member
I seem to always run out of money. I'm on level 65 with barely any cash. What's the fastest ways to get money?

By far the best way is to play Platoon (assuming you're decent), win a couple hundred thousand tokens, exchange for swords, sell the swords.

I'm not sure how you're so short on money though, my money continuously went up most of the game, having a few hundred thousand by the time I was your level (with everything bought). If you aren't completing them, sidequests give great money rewards and often better items than you can buy in the shops.

Same here. I heard that he was good but I hate the way they just shoehorned
another character in 90% through the game and he was about 15 levels lower than everyone else when I got him.

Yeah, this. I had a leveled Dinoceros already at that point, so it wouldn't have really made much of a difference anyway. I still would have been raining disaster upon my enemies regardless.

Finalow

seriously, the fuck is the wizard's robes? Can't find a thing on google.
is it an item that changes Oliver's appearance or what?

DasMarcos

Banned
Holy fuck, that's awesome! I didn't expect that to be a feature.

Now I just need to get my PS3 back from Sony and I'm in. Really looking forward to experiencing this game. As a primarily western gamer, my interest has been piqued by the game because of its stunning visuals and character. It really does look like you are playing an anime.

Great feature. Every game should allow you to do this. It should be a standard next gen really.

george_us

So this is what it's like to play a game with good writing.

I'm only 30 minutes into the game but I'm already emotionally invested, which usually takes awhile for me in JPRGs.

I choked up a bit when Oliver's mom dies.

zeopower6

Happens to me with Eggrolls or Zombos, lol.

seriously, the fuck is the wizard's robes? Can't find a thing on google.
is it an item that changes Oliver's appearance or what?

It's just an in-game equip. Are you trying to figure out a puzzle?

Sales are looking good although I'm not expecting it to hold such a high position for much longer. For reference, the DS version sold about 170,000 during its first week while the PS3 did 67,000 in Japan.

Also for reference, they shipped 600k~ of the DS one and around 150k~ of the PS3 game for the first week. I think the sales are good since the game didn't even come out until the last week or two of January. (plus there are stock issues all over)

Boulayman

YES! It was around when my game crashed the one and only time it did. Tombstone Trail, left at the fork, go to the dead end. Spent like 20 minutes trying to reach the mob.

Getting excited -- just too more trophies left. Have 190 of 250 unique familiars caught, and 35 of 120 formulas completed.

LOL, so that's what levitate is for.. Btw, I kept getting into curse traps in that zombie trail but I couldn't even see them...

Globox_82

Banned
question about metamorph of your familiars. when is it the best time to do it?
Is it better to first reach max level and then make first metamorph because in that case to me it seems like next level 1 will be much higher in stats?

Torraz

question about metamorph of your familiars. when is it the best time to do it?
Is it better to first reach max level and then make first metamorph because in that case to me it seems like next level 1 will be much higher in stats?

If you max level the previous form the familiar will have higher stats. Shouldn't be too much (10-20 according to gfaqs, i think). I only did this for familiars I knew would be in for the longhaul, such as the cat, the penguin, the dino, the snake etc.

Recall

Finally, finally got this. Such a pain trying to find it anyway in the UK without resorting to amazon etc. £37 too, can't complain at that either.

Globox_82

Banned
If you max level the previous form the familiar will have higher stats. Shouldn't be too much (10-20 according to gfaqs, i think). I only did this for familiars I knew would be in for the longhaul, such as the cat, the penguin, the dino, the snake etc.

arghhh I turned first familiar when he was level 14 in his first form, when that green jerk (Solomon?) was explaining how it works. O well at least now I know so I can wait for fat penguin

Globox_82

Banned
100k in US? I expected more tbh. Let's hope it did better in EU. I am loving the game so far. I feel like it might end up on my top 10 of this gen.

Torraz

arghhh I turned first familiar when he was level 14 in his first form, when that green jerk (Solomon?) was explaining how it works. O well at least now I know so I can wait for fat penguin

Your first famliar, mite, is one of the very worst one's in the entire game. He's decent in the first third of the game but then starts lagging bad.

Go back to ding dong well and get one of those snakes and a black cat thingy in front of the next town you are going to visit. Much better.

Dreamer RD

YES! It was around when my game crashed the one and only time it did. Tombstone Trail, left at the fork, go to the dead end. Spent like 20 minutes trying to reach the mob.

Getting excited -- just too more trophies left. Have 190 of 250 unique familiars caught, and 35 of 120 formulas completed.

PSN or disc ver?
I had fatal freeze only one time in
Glittering Grotto
, when Mite catched gold orb and performed miracle move.

Nyx

Tell me about it. Had to wait until today, as quite a few stores seem to have restocked again.
Finally got it today and am planning on playing the shit out of this game for the next few days.

I got a textmessage from the gameshop today, so picking it up later this afternoon.

Finalow

It's just an in-game equip. Are you trying to figure out a puzzle?
no, just trying to figure out what is that item, I got the recipe.
in-game equip? You mean for Oliver or for your familiars? Oliver has no slot for it, so I thought it was some "key item" or a change of clothes.

Finalow

you really waste a lot of time if you want the max level before turning them. guess you can do that fast enough in the final dungeon but before that it means a lot of grinding, and it's not even worth it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just got the travel spell. At last I can go where I want quickly!

I've just spent the last hour or so doing errands.

ta9qi

So i won Ranks s in temple of trials, and got that strange familiar, is he deserve all the effort to level up ? he is leveling up very slowly
also how can i know about how much left for me to get the alchemy trophy ?

Top Bottom