• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

So i won Ranks s in temple of trials, and got that strange familiar, is he deserve all the effort to level up ? he is leveling up very slowly
also how can i know about how much left for me to get the alchemy trophy ?

Check the progress report in the Telling Stone page, it has percentage complete for certain things including alchemy.

I have a question - are there time limits for the errands to earn stamps? I've skipped a few and want to come back to them at some point later.

Just curious at how I'm doing and levels.

Currently, I just finished
clearing the manna out of Ding Dong Dell. Still have to go to Al Mamoon and Hamlein
. I'm level

Am I at a good level to keep proceeding or do I need to Toko grind to be on the safe side? Don't mind doing it. Again, just curious.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The game just opened right up now that I have
Tengri

So now my question is what's this about Tokos and farming exp off them?

x3r0123

The game just opened right up now that I have
Tengri

So now my question is what's this about Tokos and farming exp off them?

toko - 2k exp
island north of ding dong bell
tokotoko - 8k
outside of perdida
tokocold - 22k
ivory tower
of course each kill. There will be times where you find two of them in a battle

Finalow

no, just trying to figure out what is that item, I got the recipe.
in-game equip? You mean for Oliver or for your familiars? Oliver has no slot for it, so I thought it was some "key item" or a change of clothes.
* still didn't get this. ^

guess I'll find those materials to make it.

Bladenic

clearing the manna out of Ding Dong Dell. Still have to go to Al Mamoon and Hamlein
. I'm level

Am I at a good level to keep proceeding or do I need to Toko grind to be on the safe side? Don't mind doing it. Again, just curious.

You're good to finish the game.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Should I do all the tasks people give me? Some are boring and I haven't seen big benefits so far. Just beat the Rat Boss and got the wand... very amazing game.

one_kill

Should I do all the tasks people give me? Some are boring and I haven't seen big benefits so far. Just beat the Rat Boss and got the wand... very amazing game.
I recommend doing them if you're going for the platinum. If not, I still recommend doing some to reap some of the rewards you can get for handing in merit cards at Swift Solutions.

squall211

. I'm level

I finished the game at lvl 62 or 63 with very little problem. You should be fine.

WEGGLES

I finished Hamelin and feel like I've hit a giant difficulty wall. Everyone either is super easy to fight or super hard. Not sure what's going on though ;'(

Raw64life

Just passed the 50 hour mark and only have a few post-game sidequests left to do. If this game came out last year it would have been my GOTY.

I've been hesitant to play the last couple of days because I don't want it to end. But I'll probably stop playing once I clear the remaining sidequests. Thankfully I don't care about trophies as doing 100% of the alchemy sounds like a nightmare. No thanks.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
His final level comes up to a lightning fast two stars ;)

I haven't caught one but I think you are only supposed to bring on into battle to use their tricks, then remove them.

it's literally the strongest familiar in the game, ridiculously beastly.

There's an accessory that it can equip that boosts attack speed. I have one of those and another that boosts movement speed on mine.

Well...maybe I will give him a shot. I did spend a good hour using draggle while I evolved my cat and mite and it was very lacking.

Caught a dinoceros on the second try.

Not sure I'll use it though, that attack speed. :(

The attack speed isn't so much an issue as the starting accuracy. But you can remedy that with some snacks and leveling. Once you get the Dinoceros evolved into its later forms, it really becomes capable of winning most battles in the game by itself. Not only its attack power, but it's eventual defense capabilities are ridiculous as well.

Ceebs

Finished the game. Enjoyable game, but the ending was kinda abrupt compared to the fake out ending.

The combat really needed more to it though. I made it through 90% of the game by just using "attack".

Another question:

In line with the trophy, is getting Oliver's last spell story related or level related? I would think level related like Esther and Swaine but was just wondering. If it is level related, what level does it unlock?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I love it... fantastic game. So fun and childish in a way. it just screams... AMAZING.

Yeah, my favorite rpg of the generation.

Delicious Waffles: Sidequest related.

Ceebs

Another question:

In line with the trophy, is getting Oliver's last spell story related or level related? I would think level related like Esther and Swaine but was just wondering. If it is level related, what level does it unlock?

Story related unless you are missing side quest spells.
The ghost riddles

buffi

Banned
Dinoceros is really really really overpowered in this game tbh.

Not much challenge left in the game after he gets Earsplitter.

What exactly needs to be done for Pedigree Breeder trophy? The description is ''Awarded for training a familiar to its full potential.''

I am assumin it means either having the maximum level, maximum stats gained by treats or maximum stats period?

Question about one of my party members:
Will Marcassin stay in my party till the final boss battle? or it's temporary? because I hate to replace Esther with him only to leave my party at the final boss fight and waste all the levels I've could given Esther to hit.

Animekatt

What exactly needs to be done for Pedigree Breeder trophy? The description is ''Awarded for training a familiar to its full potential.''

I am assumin it means either having the maximum level, maximum stats gained by treats or maximum stats period?

It means you have to give him enough treats so that there will be 50 points total that you have added to his set of stats. When you fill his hearts completely to 5, it will let you get up to 50 points across the different stats.

Question about one of my party members:
Will Marcassin stay in my party till the final boss battle? or it's temporary? because I hate to replace Esther with him only to leave my party at the final boss fight and waste all the levels I've could given Esther to hit

Yes. He will leave for a bit ( I believe) but will come back when you have to fly to the final dungeon. After you beat the game, he will always stay in the party.

LOL, so that's what levitate is for.. Btw, I kept getting into curse traps in that zombie trail but I couldn't even see them...

Heh, well levitate is usually used to avoid ground traps like the poison water in
Miasma Marshes

PSN or disc ver?
I had fatal freeze only one time in
Glittering Grotto
, when Mite catched gold orb and performed miracle move.

Disc version. The freeze happened when I accessed the menu by hitting the triangle button. Good thing I had just saved -- I was in the middle of farming Scrolls of Truth.

Draper

How do I tell which familiars are good for which friend? Also still stuck on the volcano. Should I morph Gogo for Esther?

Balphon

How do I tell which familiars are good for which friend?

Then you go to switch familiars between characters, there will be small icons above and to the right of a character's active familiar list. If one of them is jumping around when you grab a familiar with square to move it, they're compatible and will get a 10%~ bonus to all stats when paired with that character. If you want a list:

Oliver: Milites (magic solider things, and a cat burglar), Vermes (bugs), Dracones (lizards)
Esther: Aquatica (fish), Flora (plants), Aves (birds)
Swaine: Mortui (undead), Automata (machines), Bestiae (most land mammals)

Picking matching familiars will probably make things a big easier, but it's not totally necessary.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any thoughts on what monsters I should use after finishing te Volcano? Pretty easy so far (thanks to leveling and side quests), but I'd like a pretty comfortable team to push forward with.

Also, what level is "smart" to evolve at? Is max the only good choice?

Saw 1 single copy at Best Buy so I picked up, havent got to play much yet, maybe 5 minutes so far, about to go find a wand (seriously, only had about 5 minutes to play.

Wasted most of my time skipping cut scenes, hope it lets me "play" soon. Everytime I think their over another one pops up. Yeah, I know I suck, I dont watch cut scenes in games or pay attention to the stories, I just like playing.

Top Bottom