• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Hm, I'm tempted by the WE tomorrow, but only because of the book. Is there anything in that book that wouldn't in the strategy guide? I mean, yes, the formatting is going to be different and more uniform to the game in the WE book, but any idea if it is going to be worth it just for that?

zeopower6

Hm, I'm tempted by the WE tomorrow, but only because of the book. Is there anything in that book that wouldn't in the strategy guide? I mean, yes, the formatting is going to be different and more uniform to the game in the WE book, but any idea if it is going to be worth it just for that?

Well, I think the art and little stories here and there are not going to be in the Strategy Guide (there is a sizable amount of images in the guide).

Considering that all the content in the book will eventually reveal itself in game, I don't know if you should jump on it. If you REALLY want that book, I'd say go for it. I'm getting a WE and the Strategy Guide because this game is just... agh. I've been waiting for years and it's coming in less than a week!!!!!

Eusis

Well, I think the art and little stories here and there are not going to be in the Strategy Guide (there is a sizable amount of images in the guide).

Considering that all the content in the book will eventually reveal itself in game, I don't know if you should jump on it. If you REALLY want that book, I'd say go for it. I'm getting a WE and the Strategy Guide because this game is just... agh. I've been waiting for years and it's coming in less than a week!!!!!
Yeah, I think if you're more into physical books it'd be worth it, whereas digital... well, this won't be like flipping through it on a tablet, though I guess you could hope Namco makes it available as one on iTunes/Google Play/Amazon.

zeopower6

I believe you can only make an account if you start an order up. Just start an order to make your account but don't enter payment details or anything and you should be good.

zeopower6

I fear that BamCo has no idea what they've done by doing this and giving an exact time, lol.

I expect the site to be dead for a few hours, haha.

tyranid5

Neo Member
I can't stop thinking about this game. If I buy it day one, classes will wreck me next week. If I don't they may still wreck me anyways....... so i may as well not even take a chance.

Sushigod7

Since this is sort of a niche title I'm hoping their site doesn't get to hammered tomorrow. I'm assuming they will sell out fast but if your refreshing when it goes live I'm sure you'll be ok. I pre ordered the guide from Amazon as well I'm going all out have to have everything for this game.

zeopower6

Yeesh, some guy already broke the street date and is selling his EU versions of the game on eBay from Hong Kong. Seems legitimate too and not being sarcastic.

Sushigod7

Yeesh, some guy already broke the street date and is selling his EU versions of the game on eBay from Hong Kong. Seems legitimate too and not being sarcastic.

Since it was delayed for EU I thought they wouldn't have even shipped to stores at this point? Strange but if your up for HK shipping go for it.

zeopower6

Since it was delayed for EU I thought they wouldn't have even shipped to stores at this point? Strange but if your up for HK shipping go for it.

I think the WE is what is slowing down the release in EU/AU, not the regular edition, but because they probably don't want two separate release dates for two editions, they just delayed both. Or maybe I'm just assuming, agh.

Six people have already hopped on the sale and bought it lolol

Acrylic7

$40 for a strategy guide?
I'm seeing this at Gamestop and Bestbuy site. what gives?

edit- I wish I had the cash for the Wizards edition. I wish it was sold in stores, that way it would be $60 in a month or two.

madhtr

$40 for a strategy guide?
I'm seeing this at Gamestop and Bestbuy site. what gives?

edit- I wish I had the cash for the Wizards edition. I wish it was sold in stores, that way it would be $60 in a month or two.

I bought it for $26 on Amazon, also, this is a hardback, which is saved for LEs, usually, and there is no paperback version of this guide.

Acrylic7

I bought it for $26 on Amazon, also, this is a hardback, which is saved for LEs, usually, and there is no paperback version of this guide.

ahh. Kinda strange though.

I just realized that Gamestop will have a steel-book for preorder-ers. I might have to go there :/

madhtr

So 1pm est tomorrow for the WE? Can someone share the exact link so I can be Quick draw McGraw in that!

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...=UKBoywoBAlgAAEXCMdYAAAAW&rests=1358398727900

ahh. Kinda strange though.

I just realized that Gamestop will have a steel-book for preorder-ers. I might have to go there :/

Only if you've already pre-ordered the game. Most stores have run out of their allocations of steelbooks, so call before going if not reserved.

madhtr

There will be a UK press that is paperback.

Right, but that is through Piggyback, while the hardback in NA is being done by Prima. I would have rather dealt with Piggyback, personally.

Hmmm, actually, I see now it is Prima. Must have been a typo on the US site. Interesting. Also, the book is $23.99 on Amazon now, btw.

Digity

Does anyone know if there are separate trophies for beating the game on easy or normal? I don't wanna check the trophy list in case of possible spoilers.

zeopower6

Does anyone know if there are separate trophies for beating the game on easy or normal? I don't wanna check the trophy list in case of possible spoilers.

Easy was a patched mode put in the game 8 months after the original release. There is no separate trophy as far as I know.

When will developers learn that New Game + should be mandatory for RPGs?

It would be nice, but it's not that essential imo.

Lyng

Do tell? Have not played Tales Of Graces yet.

Also, thanks Strange in Stereo and zeopower6 for the answers.

Well there is both a New game + options as well as high level dungeons.
High level dungeons in Star Ocean: The Last Hope were quiet brilliant too. (If you could manage to get past the horrible entitiy that was the rest of the game)

The differences are very subtle. They aren't like how Pokemon/Digimon have HUGE changes between evolutions.

This person is also missing some forms, so it's not 100% complete.

And I think I've read that the first and final forms should have pretty noticeable differences, as opposed to adjacent forms looking quite similar.

Digity

Just finished playing the demo again, this time doing a little more exploring. Only teasing myself though. I simply can't wait for this gem to be in my hands.

madhtr

The 300+ familiars are pretty spoilerific...
Apparently bosses are recruitable at some point
... Maybe during the end-game or such...

Some of these familiars make horrific noises. *shudder*

Just watched the unboxing video and instantly decided to try and snag a copy of the Wizard Edition tomorrow. I'll be at work then so this will be difficult.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does 1 day shipping guarantee delivery on release day? And 2 day shipping a day after (the 23rd)?

madhtr

Just watched the unboxing video and instantly decided to try and snag a copy of the Wizard Edition tomorrow. I'll be at work then so this will be difficult.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does 1 day shipping guarantee delivery on release day? And 2 day shipping a day after (the 23rd)?

All it says under my order is (I have 2-day):

This order will be shipped after the release date of 1/22/2013 for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive.

Persona86

Banned
I understand some Japanese words, and I can tell what feeling they give to most other words, due to watching a lot of Japanese TV shows etc

Which voices are better quality, the English or Japanese? I think I heard the Japanese isn't so good for once. How bad is it?

Thanks.

zeopower6

Also, I thought Filthierich was just Tekken.

I think he is a general Community Manager of sorts (called a Community Strategist on his Twitter) but part of a Tekken Project Team or something.

I understand some Japanese words, and I can tell what feeling they give to most other words, due to watching a lot of Japanese TV shows etc

Which voices are better quality, the English or Japanese? I think I heard the Japanese isn't so good for once. How bad is it?

Thanks.

For me personally, the Japanese is a bit better than the English dub. (I know a bit of Japanese as well) However, others will tell you that 'the Japanese dub is outright bad' due to weird casting, awkward delivery, and so on... but I don't think that will be all to important to most people who get this game and play on the Japanese + English subs (aka the English script) setting.

Persona86

Banned
For me personally, the Japanese is a bit better than the English dub. (I know a bit of Japanese as well) However, others will tell you that 'the Japanese dub is outright bad' due to weird casting, awkward delivery, and so on... but I don't think that will be all to important to most people who get this game and play on the Japanese + English subs (aka the English script) setting.
Interesting. Well I think I'm going to go with the Japanese, but I'll probably test each one for an hour or so to be sure. :)

Top Bottom