• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Shit, I'm really considering changing the saving delivery to standard thanks to all this pre-release hype. Was not expecting such good reviews even though I always knew I would love it.

I hope Ghibli works more with games if this is somehow profitable for them.

I been thinking about the weirdest pairing, but I would love a full fledged Costume Quest game with the same kind of art style.

they should do the story/writing as well and let level 5 focus on the other stuff at least for sequel or something.

Leunam

Pre-ordered through Amazon for release day shipping. I know almost nothing jumping into this. Haven't seen a single trailer and have maybe seen less than ten screenshots.

Very excited. :D

kirby2096

Just read the Edge review and they had almost no complaints about the game, only that the story wasn't up to the level of Ghibli's films.
In the Post Script they also wrote a bit about the localisation process of Japanese games and why Level 5 are the best at it. Read like a 9 to me.
Am allowed to post the review, it's not up on their website yet?

Just read the Edge review and they had almost no complaints about the game, only that the story wasn't up to the level of Ghibli's films.
In the Post Script they also wrote a bit about the localisation process of Japanese games and why Level 5 are the best at it. Read like a 9 to me.

Level 5 was never great with story.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

magazine scans are bannable.

Eusis

You're too old and mature for this sort of thing, right?
I am curious how old he is, and how old he was when Dark Cloud came out. Anyways there's better examples of games "too kiddy", especially if your concern is buying in a store. It's a plain, tasteful white cover, and if that's too much there's always online ordering whether it's shipping from Amazon/GameStop or digital delivery over PSN.

JohngPR

I just ordered the Wizard Edition from my iPhone in the middle of an executive staff meeting with my company's biggest partner.

I am 32 years old. My wife is going to kill me.

LOL! I'm 33...keep fighting the good fight of staying young at heart!

LOL that is classic man pull out the CC playing with your phone in a meeting. That's almost as cool as the software programmer who outsourced his own job to China so he didn't have to do anything at work.

edit. I'm the same age, I was playing the demo the other night and my wife walked in said "is that a movie" Nope it's a demo "oh that's cute looks good" so hopefully she won't mind

My wife and I have been married for almost five years now and have been together for 7 and we still have separate accounts. I figure if she gets to spend her money on whatever she wants as long as the bills get paid, so can I. :p :)

Sushigod7

My wife and I have been married for almost five years now and have been together for 7 and we still have separate accounts. I figure if she gets to spend her money on whatever she wants as long as the bills get paid, so can I. :p :)

Same here brother it's the only way to go, the two account thing that is.

zeopower6

I don't know if most people here care, but I watched some unboxing videos of the standard edition, and it seems that Namco Bandai normally does this with their games, but the manual included with the normal press of the game is in black and white as opposed to the full color of the Wizard's Edition.

I don't know if most people here care, but I watched some unboxing videos of the standard edition, and it seems that Namco Bandai normally does this with their games, but the manual included with the normal press of the game is in black and white as opposed to the full color of the Wizard's Edition.

lol amazing. WE wins.

zeopower6

Oh my god, they put that weird runic alphabet on the back of the instruction manual. That is pretty awesome and handy. (originally it was kind of only in the Compendium in-game/the physical edition)

madhtr

It's the same way with the art on in the inside of the cover. In color in the case that comes in the WE, b&w in the retail version.

Damn, this is still at #1 on Amazon. I really hope that reflects overall sales, because I know it doesn't always (lot of #1s don't even make NPD data).

Eusis

It's the same way with the art on in the inside of the cover. In color in the case that comes in the WE, b&w in the retail version.
Wizard's Edition justified. But was it that serious of an expense to put them both in color in all versions? Well, I guess at this point I should just be thankful they printed anything on the inside cover, and that we even had a manual at all when everyone else is cutting them out. :/

Kinda frustrating how cheap companies are being, I guess it's because most people don't really care about some of the small details, certainly not enough to avoid getting the games.

zeopower6

Wizard's Edition justified. But was it that serious of an expense to put them both in color in all versions? Well, I guess at this point I should just be thankful they printed anything on the inside cover, and that we even had a manual at all when everyone else is cutting them out. :/

Kinda frustrating how cheap companies are being, I guess it's because most people don't really care about some of the small details, certainly not enough to avoid getting the games.

It seems to be enough of an expense to the point where they regularly do this with regular editions/limited editions. I mean it probably doesn't cost that much more but I suppose they want to save money where they can?

jschreier

Man, this game is gorgeous. The music is phenomenal, too. I haven't really played enough to say much more, but those are my impressions so far.

Jetku

I actually pushed a work-related lunch meeting back with multiple people by 5 minutes so I could get mine in.

I made my coworker go to lunch at 12:30 instead of 12... Namco's store was blocked by the firewall, so I would have to order from my iPhone. I wanted to make sure I was at lunch so I couldn't be pulled into a surprise meeting...

Sushigod7

Ahh the joys of being a adult we all still managed to get it though. I got stuck on a work call on the last Mondo drop completely missed it.

zeopower6

Totoro appearance or no buy.

There are Totoro-esque creatures in the game that are ADORABLE. I have an image, hold on.

One of the evolutions of the Familiar... named Suttoko in Japan. (from pixiv)
2vDPe.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=24196818

Magpul

Banned
I actually pushed a work-related lunch meeting back with multiple people by 5 minutes so I could get mine in.

Hahaha, I just started a new job and instead of doing the formal meet and greet when I was in my new area, I got out my phone and ordered the WE in front of everyone while trying to make it seem I was responding to an important e-mail.

Animekatt

Hahaha, I just started a new job and instead of doing the formal meet and greet when I was in my new area, I got out my phone and ordered the WE in front of everyone while trying to make it seem I was responding to an important e-mail.

Pretty smooth.

Lyng

Well, if I change my mind I'm sure I can always sell it to another Gaffer. I love technology. To think that I could sit on my phone and order something so seamlessly (and quietly!) 5-7 years ago would have been unthinkable. Hopefully nobody saw me pull my credit card out of my wallet.

Yeah thats the thing. I was responding to one of our clients over email, while I thought. Hmm why not get the order done right away. Until I was sitting there punching my credit card numbers in, realising: Yeah this must seem strange to my colleagues :p

These cursed versions of the Drippy plushie (along with some other Ni No Kuni items) were handed out that this afternoon's NamcoBandai media event in San Francisco. Dennis Lee said they produced these at a smaller quantity compared to the uncursed versions in the Wizard Edition.

photo_1.jpg

madhtr

These cursed versions of the Drippy plushie (along with some other Ni No Kuni items) were handed out that this afternoon's NamcoBandai media event in San Francisco. Dennis Lee said they produced these at a smaller quantity compared to the uncursed versions in the Wizard Edition.

photo_1.jpg

Damn, that's nice. Would have loved to have been able to get one of those.

Lyng

Man, lots of real important, professional people are into this game.

I ordered mine from the toilet.

Beautifull sarcasm! :b

Anyways, I guess if you have work with a high stress level this game is a step back from all that, into a very relaxing colorfull world.

Darkrider

Hah, 32 here as we'll. Really looking forward to this game. I think you are right about it being an escape, with the stress of daily life who wouldn't want to slip into a colorfull fantasy world. I've had the wizard ed pre ordered for quite a while now... The only question is should I open it or should I just go pickup a regular boxed copy?

Mideon

Promo copy up on ebay.....must resist!!

Im 31 and have the WE preordered, bit disappointed about the missing items from the UK version but I swear I read somewhere that Namco Bandai Europe would be offering some bonuses on the website at launch.

Top Bottom