• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Abylim

27 here, My first memory is playing FF1 with my dad.

For years I've longed for an RPG like this. This has been on my radar for quite sometime. Very disappointed that its pushed back here, but I'll manage.

I also got my friend in on it. I told him about it, he dint care. I played the demo infront of him, and he pre ordered lol

Yopis

I think most of us older dudes are wanting this because we grew up on ghibli, disney, bluth animation and we have always wanted something like that in videogame form.

That's just me anyway. The wind waker and dragon quest 8, and dust: an elysian tail are the only other games that feel like a hand drawn animated feature film in game form.....that i've played anyway.

Great post bluth studios were awesome. 32 myself not getting this until next month.

Beren

38 years young here.

Guys a question and sorry to bother, i found the wizard's edition on Amazon France, does it have the same stuff that the NA edition?

Pretty cool. I didn't expect my quick post about being a 32 year old that ordered the wizard edition while sitting in an executive staff meeting at my company's biggest annual meeting resulting in GAF 30-somethings coming outta the wood works.

25 here, I love the films but getting this because the demo was just what I've wanted in a JRPG for a long time. In fact, the last JRPG I played was Dragon Quest VIII

38 years young here (or was it 39? lol).

Guys a question and sorry to bother, i found the wizard's edition on Amazon France, does it have the same stuff that the NA edition?

Without researching, I thought it lacks the gold coin and something else.

19 here. RPGs are my favorite type of games to play. Already played a lot of the Japanese version of this game and can't wait for my Wizard Edition to get here.

38 years young here.

The NA edition comes with 3 extra items:
- An exclusive Wizard's Edition coin
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Wizard's Edition Special Music Selection CD
- A set of 5 Ni no Kuni artwork cards

Beren

Without researching, I thought it lacks the gold coin and something else.
I guess it lacks the paintings too :(

I dunno what to do , if to order it from France without the coin and the paintings or wait for a Namco miracle that might never happen :(

EDIT:
The NA edition comes with 3 extra items:
- An exclusive Wizard's Edition coin
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Wizard's Edition Special Music Selection CD
- A set of 5 Ni no Kuni artwork cards
Omg that is too awesome ... i guess ill get broke and use Ebay :(

All this talk of ages reminds of something that happened at EB Games the other day:
I was preordering Metal Gear Rising and began chatting about the silly lamp that comes with the special edition, which led to a talk of other special edition items (like Ni No Kuni) and other gaming related collectibles. I mentioned that I had a 6 foot statue of Snake from MGS3 as well as an original working arcade cabinet of the old Konami Simpsons game. The two cashiers were in awe and praised me for my videogame love.

A friend was with me and I told her that I felt like a god and said, "see? There are other people who buy the same sort of stuff!" To which she replied, "yeah, but they're teenagers. You're 30."

I said "whatever" and fake punched her in the stomach.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
38 years young here.

*High-five 38 bro*

Have the Wizard's Edition coming with 1 day shipping. Been a long time since I've been this hyped for an rpg.

RPG

33 here. My daughters loved watching me play the demo and I'm curious if my son will try and play through this as well. He loves him some Pokemon and Dragon Quest.

Hemmed and hawed about getting the Wizard Edition (had it in my cart as soon as the restock hit) but I feel I've moved out of the gaming tchotchke phase of my life and just let it go. I've found it hard enough to justify getting the strat guide alone... ;_;

Beren

Ok i am an Ebay noob lol, anyone has experience on this? you think the Ebay prices will get any lower or should i buy it now, i found one that will end in like 215$

squall211

35 here and didn't even really have this game on my radar until earlier this week. Reading this thread and the review thread sold me on the game. Used a bit of my Amazon credit to get this game for free. Can't wait til Tuesday.

Nyx

Pretty cool. I didn't expect my quick post about being a 32 year old that ordered the wizard edition while sitting in an executive staff meeting at my company's biggest annual meeting resulting in GAF 30-somethings coming outta the wood works.

We 30-somethings were waiting for someone like you for years man!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
heres the thing... arent most of us on gaf in the 20-35 age range?

we're not going to be seeing 12 year olds on here saying how hyped they are for ni no kuni.... right? i mean maybe a few... but they are all off playing iOS and halo. ( by no means is halo a bad game)

25. I don't know why we're listing our ages but yeah.

i think a few pages ago someone asked if they were too old to like ni no kuni and he was 33 or something like that... then everyone started coming out of the woodwork.

edit: oh i think he said how he was 33 and was the only game he was really looking forward to in years, and was it wierd. or something.... idk

Andrew.

Banned
We all just need to show that we're grown men who are super fucking hyped for a game that looks like it was made for children when in fact it's pulling all the strings that made all of us fall in love with the classic JRPGS back when we WERE children.

Trevelyan

Banned
Ehh, why not. 29 and absolutely ecstatic for Ni no Kuni. Have the Wizard edition preordered, but I'll probably end up giving it to my fiancee since I know she can plow through it faster than I.

Moosichu

18. Would love to and probably will pick up this game eventually. Even though I only usually find the time to play JRPGs on portables, I may just break with this one.

People who think they can be too old for some types of games boggle my mind.

Also this. However, there is a sweet irony when most of the people I know that play COD are 12, and those that play Little Big Planet are adults. :p

The_Monk

Hey fellow GAFfers, help me answering this question:

Will I like this game?

I like RPG's in general, I'm just bad at them. Really bad, I usually get stuck on the last Boss. Just to give you an example of how bad I am at RPG's, I could not finish the last Boss on FF XIII-2 on Easy Mode. Yep.

I really like Lost Odyssey battle style and one of the last and few RPG's I finished was White Knight Chronicles ( I really liked it to be honest).

I want this game for the colors, the lack of violence, I want to chill with this game since it seems to be more story than shooting, "go here, do this" type of game. The art style is also interesting and the voice acting seems okay.

I'm just afraid of the Difficulty... Any help with this? I played a bit of the demo by the way.

Thanks in advance for reading and answering fellow GAFfers.

We need to start a 30+ gamer defense force.

Gaffers assemble! Yes, I'm 32 and want to play a game featuring a 10 year old that collects cute little monsters! WHAT? Come at me bros!!

Raven77

I've heard about this game but haven't been following it SUPER extensively.

I'm a huge Ghibli fan and love this style of RPG. I have a few questions though for those that may have been following this closely:

1. Are the maps, etc. more OPEN or are they more LINEAR?

2. Are there "dungeons" per say? Sort of Zelda style?

3. Does the battle system work like it did in Grandia 2? Where you can move around the battlefield, etc? If so then WIN!!!

4. Is there an online component? (googled but couldn't find anything, maybe i'm a bad googler...)

Beren

Hey fellow GAFfers, help me answering this question:

Will I like this game?

I like RPG's in general, I'm just bad at them. Really bad, I usually get stuck on the last Boss. Just to give you an example of how bad I am at RPG's, I could not finish the last Boss on FF XIII-2 on Easy Mode. Yep.

I really like Lost Odyssey battle style and one of the last and few RPG's I finished was White Knight Chronicles ( I really liked it to be honest).

I want this game for the colors, the lack of violence, I want to chill with this game since it seems to be more story than shooting, "go here, do this" type of game. The art style is also interesting and the voice acting seems okay.

I'm just afraid of the Difficulty... Any help with this? I played a bit of the demo by the way.

Thanks in advance for reading and answering fellow GAFfers.
Well the game has an easy mode so worry not :)
I've heard about this game but haven't been following it SUPER extensively.

I'm a huge Ghibli fan and love this style of RPG. I have a few questions though for those that may have been following this closely:

1. Are the maps, etc. more OPEN or are they more LINEAR?

2. Are there "dungeons" per say? Sort of Zelda style?

3. Does the battle system work like it did in Grandia 2? Where you can move around the battlefield, etc? If so then WIN!!!

4. Is there an online component? (googled but couldn't find anything, maybe i'm a bad googler...)
1.There is an Overworld
2.No idea
3.Yes you can move freely on the battlefield
4.Nope
Haven't played yet but i read a lot of reviews :3

Derrick01

Banned
i think a few pages ago someone asked if they were too old to like ni no kuni and he was 33 or something like that... then everyone started coming out of the woodwork.

edit: oh i think he said how he was 33 and was the only game he was really looking forward to in years, and was it wierd. or something.... idk

I don't mind people thinking they're too old for something but only if that's how *they* actually feel. Like I don't watch the cartoons that I watched when I was a kid anymore because they don't and can't stimulate me like they did when I was 9. That's just normal growing up.

But too often people confuse peer pressure with their own feelings. Like "People might think I'm creepy if they see me playing Pokemon in public". Who gives a shit? Nobody has the time or energy to care that much about you in public, and if they do then so what? They're not president of the world.

chidrock

Lack of playtime and the thought of grinding to level up has hurt my experience with jrpgs so far in my life. I'm 33 and have never beat a jrpg. I buy them and I've gotten 10-15 hours into some, but something always seems to pop up and pull me out of them, and it's hard to go back for some reason. I'm hoping that changes with this one, because I am really looking forward to it.

(then maybe later I can play through my Persona, Xenoblade and FF backlog)

The sad part about getting in on the WE is that I probably won't have the game day 1 like I would if I stick with the GameStop preorder. I don't want to wait for it...

Carnby

Rumor has it that yesterday's orders were mostly made up of overselling Namco's stock. Expect many of you to have your ordered canceled before the 22nd.

Top Bottom