• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

JebusF

Neo Member
BTW, does this game have puzzles by any chance?

Sort of, yes. Nothing taxing, stuff like transcribing another language into English to answer a question.

I hope the video has him catching a familiar. I've been looking for that to no avail. :(

As luck would have it, that happens right at the end of the stream.

Thanks for posting that :)

If you want a more succinct, shorter video (also contains capturing a familiar), we did a "battle guide/familiar guide" type video prior to that here.

Sialeeds

I wait this game with so much impatience. I have very much enjoyed playing the demo. It's definitely the kind of game that keeps you up all the night.

ForzaFerrari

Neo Member
Hah, 32 here as we'll. Really looking forward to this game. I think you are right about it being an escape, with the stress of daily life who wouldn't want to slip into a colorfull fantasy world. I've had the wizard ed pre ordered for quite a while now... The only question is should I open it or should I just go pickup a regular boxed copy?

32 also, can't wait!

imjust1n

Banned
Wow I thought I was an old gamer I'm only 25. I can't wait for this game just got my wisdom teeth out so looks like I'll have some time to accomplish this game.

MBison

Damn seeing that hardcover book with the WE makes me want to go back in time and preorder. Ugh.

eBay is out of control with the WE.

madhtr

Since we're throwing out ages, 31 here.

Was just thinking... I ordered the guide through Amazon, using Prime, so I'm going to end up with that days (to a week) before my WE gets here. That is going to be the hardest wait of all.

I think it's hilarious how many 1980's kids are in this thread right now oogling over this game. We all grew up and probably played similar rpg's as kids, and now we are primed to be perfect customers for a game like this. Demographics are cool.

Bladenic

The only thing worrying me is that the last JRPG I finished, was Secret of Mana. :D

I tried playing that game and couldn't stomach more than an hour. To be fair, it was the wonky controls on the iPhone that did me in moreso than the game itself.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Weird.

I'm 32. All the Square RPG's on the SNES are what got me into the genre.

JRPG's lost me years ago, but this one.....speaks to me.

ebil

The only thing worrying me is that the last JRPG I finished, was Secret of Mana. :D
At least, you're in for a very refreshing experience!

I'm pleasantly surprised reviews are so good, thus far. I'm genuinely excited to play the game now.

Replicant

Promo copy up on ebay.....must resist!!

Im 31 and have the WE preordered, bit disappointed about the missing items from the UK version but I swear I read somewhere that Namco Bandai Europe would be offering some bonuses on the website at launch.

Gah, this offer better be available for Australian buyers as well. :(

Nyx

I tried playing that game and couldn't stomach more than an hour. To be fair, it was the wonky controls on the iPhone that did me in moreso than the game itself.

I played it on the SNES though. ;)

Weird.

I'm 32. All the Square RPG's on the SNES are what got me into the genre.

JRPG's lost me years ago, but this one.....speaks to me.

Exactly.

Don't know why, but it just does!

Majmun

I don't mind the colors and the style. It looks amazing to me.

Hell, I'm going to start playing Pokemon again once X&Y are released :p

I never could get into Pokemon. I think if they made one for consoles i would try it. I've never been much of a handheld gamer, despite owning an Atari Lynx, Game Gear, GB Micro, Advance SP and a DSI.

krYlon

I'm 32 too. Weird.

Anyway, can't wait for this. Though I'm going to try to finish a couple of other games before buying.

anddo0

Strange that so many people in here are 32. lol

I'm almost there myself.

I have yet to pre-order this game... Amazon (shipping too much) and Newegg (won't get on 22nd) are out. So that leaves BB, GS and PSN. I'm leaning towards PSN, though this is a game I'd rather have a physical copy of.

TEJ

I think most of us older dudes are wanting this because we grew up on ghibli, disney, bluth animation and we have always wanted something like that in videogame form.

That's just me anyway. The wind waker and dragon quest 8, and dust: an elysian tail are the only other games that feel like a hand drawn animated feature film in game form.....that i've played anyway.

Mareg

33 here. I have really high hopes for this game.

I want it to provide the same amount of feels I got back in the day with my favorite game of all time. Lunar SegaCD.

-NeoTB1-

33 here as well. I still love my RPGs. My wife enjoys them as well, so no shame on my part when I get all excited for a game where the main character is a kid.

Andrew.

Banned
31 and my curiousity is really rising hard with this game. The art style reminds me of Lunar and all the talk about it being somewhat comparable to the classic JRPGs of the 90s might just cause me to bite.

Nyx

31 and my curiousity is really rising hard with this game. The art style reminds me of Lunar and all the talk about it being somewhat comparable to the classic JRPGs of the 90s might just cause me to bite.

Just do it.

Then we 30+ers can all hang out in an alzheimer-cafe, and talk about it.

Andrew.

Banned
The only problem is that I don't know shit about Pokemon and I know the battle system takes a lot from those games apparently.

Number45

39 here and not really into JRPGs but I'll be picking this up just because it looks amazing. Not immediately though, hopefully I'll still be able to get a physical copy down the line but if not I'll pick it up from PSN.

The only problem is that I don't know shit about Pokemon and I know the battle system takes a lot from those games apparently.
If it's POKéMON like it'll be a doddle to understand.

34 here and been playing jrpgs all my life......except pokemon, thats the only rub here about this, the pokemon type creatures, the game looks fantastic but I dont like fighting like this, I prefer humans throughout the game.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
27 in a month. REALLY have high hopes for this game.

things i desire from it:

- nonlinear maps/world : i want to have to go from town A to town B, but iwant to run around a world to find town A and stumble upon a random cave/cottage/village
- difficult/dead end dungeons : my nostalgia for phantasy star kicks in
- medium to a high grinding : can be viewed as unbalanced, but this is what makes an rpg. grinding in some way shape or form. (none of this bioware auto monster balancing, where every skill is available at the start).

i don't know why but i get a sense of albert odyssey from this game. ( not the battles obv.)

this game cant some any sooner

Top Bottom