• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Rumor has it that yesterday's orders were mostly made up of overselling Namco's stock. Expect many of you to have your ordered canceled before the 22nd.

Wait, what? I ordered the wizard edition yesterday around 1pm. Where is this rumor originating from? They charged my credit card.

ys45

Superblatt said:
Pretty cool. I didn't expect my quick post about being a 32 year old that ordered the wizard edition while sitting in an executive staff meeting at my company's biggest annual meeting resulting in GAF 30-somethings coming outta the wood works.

Who care about age anyway , i'm 32 and i play any kind of games, i mean if i had to play only "cool games" according to "normal people" i would only play Halo,COD and MMO.

So Screw them ! and i can't wait to get my hands on Ni No Kuni ^^

Mudo

Popping in to say that after reading the IGN review I'm really pumped for the game. 36 by the way....I played the demo and got slaughtered by the forest boss 3 times and turned it off - completely unimpressed at the time. I read that it's a problem for a lot of people but I have faith the full game is going to be magic. Excite!

depths20XX

Just pre-ordered from Amazon. I have not read much about this game or played the demo. Just realized it was coming out so soon yesterday.

Looks really good though. Just hope I can find time to play it.

Danj

34 here and been playing jrpgs all my life......except pokemon, thats the only rub here about this, the pokemon type creatures, the game looks fantastic but I dont like fighting like this, I prefer humans throughout the game.

Eurogamer just made me order this game.

34 years old btw.

34 years old here too. I managed to get the day off for release day :D

saxman717

Banned
30 here w/ wizard edition on the way --- married to a gamer as well :cool:.

We need to wrap up KOTOR II before Ni No Kuni shows up --- we're at the Telos station finale --- so dont mind if Wizard edition isnt here on release day

I placed my order at 9:58 PST so they'd better not cancel my preorder

Likely will ship Tuesday, but right now, it's anyone's guess. They don't communicate well.

Yeah unfortunatly. I'd watch for a charge on my card but because I used pay pal. I paid for this months ago (they take the money immediatly if using pay pal). So until I get a email saying it's shipped. I have no idea lol.

dc89

I'm 23 and this game looks amazing.

It honestly appeals to anyone I think, we've all been young kids and that's what makes Oliver such a terrific hero - He's just a wee lad!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
sooooo. i was unaware gamestop's exclusive steelcase offer ended as i pre-ordered today...

...anyother places worthwhile to pre-order from?

Darklord

Banned
I'm not that into JRPG's but this looks interesting. I like Pokemon and Chrono Trigger. Do you think I might like it or is it a very...traditional RPG?

JohngPR

34 here and been playing jrpgs all my life......except pokemon, thats the only rub here about this, the pokemon type creatures, the game looks fantastic but I dont like fighting like this, I prefer humans throughout the game.

I can relate. I've never played a Pokemon game. My 10 year old son has probably played more Pokemon than I have. :p

Something about the way this game does it doesn't make it feel like a blatant rip off.

All this talk of ages reminds of something that happened at EB Games the other day:
I was preordering Metal Gear Rising and began chatting about the silly lamp that comes with the special edition, which led to a talk of other special edition items (like Ni No Kuni) and other gaming related collectibles. I mentioned that I had a 6 foot statue of Snake from MGS3 as well as an original working arcade cabinet of the old Konami Simpsons game. The two cashiers were in awe and praised me for my videogame love.

A friend was with me and I told her that I felt like a god and said, "see? There are other people who buy the same sort of stuff!" To which she replied, "yeah, but they're teenagers. You're 30."

I said "whatever" and fake punched her in the stomach.

Haha...anytime I get giddy about this kind of stuff, my wife like's to remind me that my "nerd" is showing. :p

depths20XX

Just because something is child like doesn't mean people should be ashamed to enjoy it. Guess I missed what started the whole age listing thing?

I'd be more ashamed to be caught playing the latest FF entries than this.

madhtr

In the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition thread, someone posted an email they received. It said their order is canceled because they over sold the allotted amount.

They bought through an ebay listing, though, I think. Makes me think that they thought they would get more but couldn't. Maybe not.

zeopower6

The guide definitely looks like it's just a translated version of the Japanese "Complete Guide" for Ni no Kuni published by Level-5. I suggest getting it~

caved and ordered game and guide from amazon. Just wish there was release date delivery even though 2 day shipping states its supposed to be release date.

So the genuses/types are:

-Melee
-Beast
-Aquatic
-Bugs
-Birds
-Nymphs (?)
-Monkeys (??)
-Dragons
-Machines
-???
-Demons
-Plants
-Dead
-???

Not sure what Nobilias, Arcanas, Minimas, and Nymphaes really are

Treats, celestial signs, growth patterns... man this stuff sounds so good, imagine what they could do with a sequel

Top Bottom