• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

madhtr

I'm not a regular prime member but I started a trial and there was no release date option, just 1-day and free 2-day

Maybe it's too late to get release-date? Not sure. I ordered the guide back at the beginning of the month and got release date delivery free for it. I wonder if maybe the game stops it? Not sure.

Edit: Just tried, doesn't show release date delivery anymore.

Edit2: I see I chose 2-day, so I guess that means release-date delivery.

Release day only for Prime members it seems, which is great for Prime members... unfortunate for anyone else.

Funny thing is I got a month of free prime and no release day : (

That was what my screen said when pre-ordering the game and guide together as a Prime member. "Choose 2-day to get this game on release day."

That is also what it says in the detail. Hope I can get it on release day.

They mayy say choose 2-day shipping for release date delivery. you just have to read under the price.

didn't see anything about that. I did choose 2-day shipping but estimated delivery is the 23rd. under the price all it said was preorder price guaranteed and promotion code applied

either way it doesnt really matter, I dont mind waiting a few days but it would be nice if it did arrive on tuesday

zeopower6

Isn't Pokemon the most traditional JRPG?

....no? Maybe if all you play are handheld monster capture RPGs...

So the genuses/types are:

-Melee
-Beast
-Aquatic
-Bugs
-Birds
-Nymphs (?)
-Monkeys (??)
-Dragons
-Machines
-???
-Demons
-Plants
-Dead
-???

Not sure what Nobilias, Arcanas, Minimas, and Nymphaes really are

Treats, celestial signs, growth patterns... man this stuff sounds so good, imagine what they could do with a sequel

All the more reason why this should do well. :D

BluWacky

Mmm, delicious Latin localisation.

So the genuses/types are:

-Nymphs (?)

Nymphs is a literal translation. You might think of them as "spirits", in this context.

-Monkeys (??)

Minima = tiny things.

Arcana = magic things.

Nobilia = noble things.

If you want them with boring names, the original Japanese calls them as follows:

Soldier
Beast
Water
Bird
Dwarf
Machine
Nature
Bug
Pixie
Dragon
Mysterious
Demon
Ghost
Legendary

nasos_333

Can you buy the griffin from the store ?

Because i think is not included in the 120$ special version and is only if you pre-ordered the normal from Amazon

zeopower6

Can you buy the griffin from the store ?

Because i think is not included in the 120$ special version and is only if you pre-ordered the normal from Amazon

He is definitely not in the Wizard's Edition. Since he is an exclusive preorder DLC for PSN UK along with Flutterby, I think chances are good that we will get them on PSN at some point.

omgkitty

Man I sure do hope I like this game. Between buying the guide and the CE, I've dropped close to $150 on something I have no idea if I'll like or not.

zeopower6

Man I sure do hope I like this game. Between buying the guide and the CE, I've dropped close to $150 on something I have no idea if I'll like or not.

Psst, even if you don't like it, the set could fetch more than what you paid for if you decide you don't want it anymore.

1stStrike

Banned
I haven't gotten an auth or charge yet, so I probably missed out on it. I totally forgot about it and didn't put in my order till after 3 pm EST, so yeah, 2 hours late. No sweat off my back if I don't get it, though. I'll just wait for a deal later on.

brainpann

If any gaffers are interested, there is a good chance I have two North America WE's coming to me. I tried cancelling one of them but Namco only said maybe. In the event that I get two, anyone interested? The second one most likely wont arrive until a week after the release. Serious PM's only please.

zeopower6

There's also a boat you can ride on the sea! :) And like the dragon/boat, there's another hidden vehicle available in the post-game.

zeopower6

wait so if i preorder from amazon - ill get the familiar right?

i geuss ill do that over the non-metal box gamestop pre-order.

Yes. I believe the little Griffy thing is still up on the preorder page.

EDIT: Okay, actually, it was there like two days ago and now it's gone... D: They still mention him in the description though. Before there was a little box on the top that said "Preorder now and get the exclusive Griffy Familiar!".

I preordered on amazon this morning, at the checkout page it should say on top that your purchase qualifies for the griffy familiar or something like that

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
cool thanks guys. i got it at amazon with the griffon. time to go back to gamestop and cancel their lame ass pre order... gyp(sp?) me on my steelcase will you!

zeopower6

So did I hear right? The wizard edition with the big book is a strategy guide? or was I miss informed?

It's more of an encyclopedia (the book in the WE in physical form is basically available in digital form in-game like a more awesome version of the FFXIII Datalog)...

The strategy guide is completely separate and WAY in depth going into game mechanics.

It's more of an encyclopedia (the book in the WE in physical form is basically available in digital form in-game like a more awesome version of the FFXIII Datalog)...

The strategy guide is completely separate and WAY in depth going into game mechanics.

Alright thanks! :D

zeopower6

There may be some overlap of course since all of the creatures are documented in both, there is information on bosses/items/recipes and such, there are maps in both, so I can see why people may think that they're similar.

It'd be a nice substitute if you couldn't get one, but it can't compare to the magic of having that little book.

Found it out at my local Target, tried to buy it and once they saw the street date warning they pulled it from the shelf. Also I ended up getting an upgrade to one day shipping since it no longer gave release date shipping.

goldenprince

Neo Member
If any gaffers are interested, there is a good chance I have two North America WE's coming to me. I tried cancelling one of them but Namco only said maybe. In the event that I get two, anyone interested? The second one most likely wont arrive until a week after the release. Serious PM's only please.

If that is still the case, I would love to buy it from you. I wasn't too into the idea yesterday, but that book is just so charming!

Magpul

Banned
I haven't gotten an auth or charge yet, so I probably missed out on it. I totally forgot about it and didn't put in my order till after 3 pm EST, so yeah, 2 hours late. No sweat off my back if I don't get it, though. I'll just wait for a deal later on.

I haven't gotten it yet either and I ordered within a couple of minutes of it going live.

Eusis

Yeah, no way of knowing until closer to shipping I think since I did it ASAP, not unless it literally sold out in seconds. Or worse are picking people at random to get it.

NIN90

Closer to 40GB actually. 2x the size that the Western version is (the Japanese was 19GB) for downloading AND for the install.

Are they fucking kidding? You know downloading 40gb ain't that bad for me in normal circumstances, but downloading 40gb off PSN? I'll be sitting there pausing and unpausing all day.

Hope 40gb is only the install size and that the actual download is way smaller. Otherwise waiting for the EU release one week later would be more reasonable lol.

Are they fucking kidding? You know downloading 40gb ain't that bad for me in normal circumstances, but downloading 40gb off PSN? I'll be sitting there pausing and unpausing all day.

Hope 40gb is only the install size and that the actual download is way smaller. Otherwise waiting for the EU release one week later would be more reasonable lol.

You only need 40gb free space on your PS3. The actual download is half of the size but due to how the PS3 does stuff, you need double the space for installing it.

Top Bottom