• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Eusis

To be fair, UPS destroyed half of the steelbooks we got it. They scratch really easy and every single one of ours has dents in it.
Laughing in that context seems to be belittling the consumer, but I wonder if they were actually laughing at how absurdly cheap of an extra it was? Like said, it's alarming if just dropping the case broke it, and anedotes like this imply that wasn't a weird one off case (or one where it was deliberately wrecked or otherwise hit with abnormal force).

The quality on steelbooks just suck this generation. FF12 and Resident Evil 4 were brushed, do it didn't scratch and it was built thicker. Granted, I know its free but Dark souls tin was poo too.

Sushigod7

The quality on steelbooks just suck this generation. FF12 and Resident Evil 4 were brushed, do it didn't scratch and it was built thicker. Granted, I know its free but Dark souls tin was poo too.

Oh man that Dark Souls set was trash, the tin and the contents (besides the game) were horrible. I wish when you got a LE or CE they actually spent money on them and didn't cheap out.

Lucent

Yeah I like my Dark Souls tin. Awesome that the pre-orders were upgraded to that for free.

Eusis

Everyone just wants to get cheaper and cheaper, though this is a free extra where FFXII... honestly, if you spend $10 extra and only get a case and a DVD with it that case better be damn high quality. Also guess that means I can't really complain about that being $10 extra anymore either.

Cheska

Just a warning to people who are buying this from GameStop and had it preordered for the steel book: your receipt may say "no preorder" and you may not get one.

I've had this preordered since October 30th, so well before the cutoff was announced and when I went to pay off my copy today my receipt said 'no preorder' on there. Luckily the person working was a good friend of mine and happened to be the one who rang me up back in October so I still got one but others may not be so lucky.

EDIT: It actually says 'no premium'.

Sushigod7

Just a warning to people who are buying this from GameStop and had it preordered for the steel book: your receipt may say "no preorder" and you may not get one.

I've had this preordered since October 30th, so well before the cutoff was announced and when I went to pay off my copy today my receipt said 'no preorder' on there. Luckily the person working was a good friend of mine and happened to be the one who rang me up back in October so I still got one but others may not be so lucky.

That makes no sense their system needs updating. Must be using the same one DR is using.

Cousteau

I feel like Im missing out on a lot of quality games such as this because I really dont like the battle portion of rpgs at all.I might buy this just because it seems like it should be bought and played through just for the visuals alone.

Im confident I can make it through the game but I know the fighting sections will be a chore for me since as I mentioned above, I loathe them.

Is there a kind of auto battle option available so I can skip having to think at all about it?

Replicant

Damn, are they really that limited? I ordered back in July thankfully and my online booking shows that it includes steelbook.

Cheska

Damn, are they really that limited? I ordered back in July thankfully and my online booking shows that it includes steelbook.

I wonder of ordering online with GameStop is the best way to go now. Seems like there's less chance of a mistake or missing out that way.

I feel like Im missing out on a lot of quality games such as this because I really dont like the battle portion of rpgs at all.I might buy this just because it seems like it should be bought and played through just for the visuals alone.

Im confident I can make it through the game but I know the fighting sections will be a chore for me since as I mentioned above, I loathe them.

Is there a kind of auto battle option available so I can skip having to think at all about it?

there's easy mode.

Replicant

I wonder of ordering online with GameStop is the best way to go now. Seems like there's less chance of a mistake or missing out that way.

Well, Gamestop's online ordering system didn't actually tell me until 2 days ago that my order will get a steelbook, which is fucking lousy. If I order from my local EB games, I usually see immediately in the Shopping cart/order list that a steelbook is included. But at least online ordering shows clearly when you made the order.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Got my PS3 and I'm preemptively doing all the PS3 updates that I'm sure will pop up tonight so I can get straight into this game.

zeopower6

Got my PS3 and I'm preemptively doing all the PS3 updates that I'm sure will pop up tonight so I can get straight into this game.

Remember to stick the disc in asap since mandatory installations are in everything nowadays, lol. This one is 4GB or so.

MechaX

Welp.. Played through the demo last night.

The battle system really didn't click with me, like, at all, but that could be more due to how good RPG demos are more the exception rather than the norm.
You guys better be fucking right about this game if I'm going to drop $60 on it before Fire Emblem.

RyoonZ

Banned
Great OT.
Pre-ordered Europe edition from Zavvi when it was announced.
Hopefully my games arrived before Chinese New Year.

zeopower6

Welp.. Played through the demo last night.

The battle system really didn't click with me, like, at all, but that could be more due to how good RPG demos are more the exception rather than the norm.
You guys better be fucking right about this game if I'm going to drop $60 on it before Fire Emblem.

The demo took the route of "We are going to drop you into the action asap without a tutorial" but it was sort of expected since most if not all event demos are like that (which this was) and usually there's a graphic with controls in front of you at those events as well which you lack with this demo.

Maybe watch some reviews before dropping the cash?

RedSwirl

The steel book is nice, but its not super high quality like the Final Fantasy XII metal tin. Its very glossy, and seems to scratch pretty easily. Oh well, it was free. Can't complain too much.

I'm guessing it's like GameStop's Resident Evil 4 steelbook from back in 2005? That was a fairly flimsy steelbook that just had the game in its regular box inside. Scratched pretty easily too.

Still hope I pre-ordered soon enough to get it though. I think I pre-ordered it not long after the steelbook was first announced back in the summer.

Setre

D/Ling the demo right now but I'd like to know where most of the hype for this game comes from. Is it simply because of the art style or is it because it's an all around good game?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
D/Ling the demo right now but I'd like to know where most of the hype for this game comes from. Is it simply because of the art style or is it because it's an all around good game?

All around great game. Basicly it's the active battle pokemon game a lot of people want.

*well monster rancher is that too but lol that series is never coming back*

MechaX

The demo took the route of "We are going to drop you into the action asap without a tutorial" but it was sort of expected since most if not all event demos are like that (which this was) and usually there's a graphic with controls in front of you at those events as well which you lack with this demo.

Maybe watch some reviews before dropping the cash?

I think it was the fact that there is no real tutorial that was the biggest hang-up. Yeah, a lot of the stuff is simple in hindsight, but not knowing little details can really add up. Plus, the demo kinda trivializes the monster collection component, which I'm assuming is a big part of the game.

Ah, that all makes sense. Yeah, I think I'll take a chance and buy it anyway.

Bukana

Any idea where to find these?
tumblr_m2sqakHBIe1qzw6ubo1_500.jpg

zeopower6

Any idea where to find these?
tumblr_m2sqakHBIe1qzw6ubo1_500.jpg

Those phone straps were sold as goods when the game was released in Japan back in 2011... they're pretty hard to find now. Or at least, I haven't been able to spot them at any of my usual Japanese goods suppliers.

http://www.ninokuni.jp/goods/index.html

They may have had an entry at Amiami or something back then too. HLJ sold them back in 2011 as well but they seem to have sold out of all their stock.

Top Bottom