• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Esura

Banned
Just a warning to people who are buying this from GameStop and had it preordered for the steel book: your receipt may say "no preorder" and you may not get one.

I've had this preordered since October 30th, so well before the cutoff was announced and when I went to pay off my copy today my receipt said 'no preorder' on there. Luckily the person working was a good friend of mine and happened to be the one who rang me up back in October so I still got one but others may not be so lucky.

EDIT: It actually says 'no premium'.

Yeah, I got the 'no premium' thing on my receipt too but I preordered like three days ago tho. :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Gonna get my copy in 3-4 hours. Can't wait.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

madhtr

Does someone know how big is the file (full game, digital version) on PSN?

No one knows for sure yet, but the all-in-one was 19GB in Japan, and this game has English and Japanese audio now. You'll need double the space to download and install, though.

Haunted

About to try out the demo, been looping the title screen soundtrack for 20 minutes now. It's brilliant.

Who did the music for this?

Any idea where to find these?
tumblr_m2sqakHBIe1qzw6ubo1_500.jpg
I want those!!! BTW anyone have a picture of the steel book? :)

Tash

The game wasn't even in my list... wasn't planning on buying it at all, till all these powerful reviews start kicking in few days ago:

edit_preview.php

As for someone who recently lost both of his parents....
the game will suit my situation perfectly.

Wow, sorry to hear that :( my condolences.

To clarify anyone with the "no premium" on their Gamestop receipt- 1/15 was the last day to guarantee the steelbook with preorder. If you order was before that, you're fine. If you decided to hold out and just now recently reserve it- there might be am extra one for you, there may not be. Namco sent stores various amounts of steelbooks a couple weeks ago depending on the projected preorders at that time.

chrono01

Hmm, I hope they restock it. I want to order it but I have to wait until next week.

The price EB Games is charging is ridiculous.

I'm sure they will. I can't see it being one of those things that sell out immediately, although stranger things have happened...

They'll likely get more stock in tomorrow. I wouldn't worry. But yeah, the price EBGames is charging is insane. I don't know what they're thinking with that one. I wonder how many poor Ni no Kuni fan will get suckered into buying it when it's available for so much cheaper at other retailers. :(

zeopower6

I got my guide at Overstock.com before Amazon.com changed their price to 23.99 :<

EDIT: Yeesh, they changed it to 23.75 recently!

My order over there is in processing though :D~

Amazon.com is also sending out Griffy codes right now :) Praise Drippy for all of this Ni no Kuni-ness in the last like hour or two. Keep an eye out for an Amazon e-mail if you ordered from them!

I got my guide at Overstock.com before Amazon.com changed their price to 23.99 :<

EDIT: Yeesh, they changed it to 23.75 recently!

My order over there is in processing though :D~

Amazon.com is also sending out Griffy codes right now :) Praise Drippy for all of this Ni no Kuni-ness in the last like hour or two. Keep an eye out for an Amazon e-mail if you ordered from them!

dude can you gameshare your griffy dlc with me? pretty please?

zeopower6

All copies of the guide come with the DLC code, right? It's not a pre-order only thing I hope.

Prima confirmed it was not a "preorder only" code. It's the same for the Japanese copies too since their codes are valid for the next 20 years.

b60Pvxw.png

So. Good. I cannot believe that Ni no Kuni was able to get to such heights, lol.

QaaQer

Prima confirmed it was not a "preorder only" code. It's the same for the Japanese copies too since their codes are valid for the next 20 years.

b60Pvxw.png

So. Good. I cannot believe that Ni no Kuni was able to get to such heights, lol.

Guide is sold out at both Amazon.ca and chapters.indigo.ca as well.

ugh why does it have to be $30 on amazon.ca? now i didn't preorder it...>=(

i'm not really crazy about a guide, only for the art+interview.

This game is going to satisfy all my JRPG needs :)

I dunno if I am the only one but it reminds me a lot of Dragon Quest 8. The cell shaded graphics, the overworld etc.

My only flaw with the game is its childish (yeah I know its not really) appearance. Studio Ghibli make some awesome fills and though they seem childish the issues they touch upon are usually more mature than many "mature" titles. However I can see the childish appearance putting off potential buyers.

If a sequel is going to made (spiritual or direct) they should have an older protagonist so more people will be encouraged to pick this game up.

I have some questions though.

How long is the average play through of this game?

Are their many areas to explore and hidden items/dungeons?

How many towns are there?

How many monsters are there to collect?

Sorry if this info is somewhere really obvious my Google-fu is abysmal.

madhtr

Haha, amazon.com updated the guide to not say out of stock.... but the shipping...

"Usually ships within 1 to 2 months."

Can anyone here link me to a video of someone flipping through the in-game version of the Wizard's Companion? I'm debating with myself if i should keep my pre-order of the German WE or not, as i'm only really interested in the book and could get the game itself for 52€ less. I know the contetnt of the physical book is exactly the same, but i'd still like to see what it looks like in-game.

zeopower6

If a sequel is going to made (spiritual or direct) they should have an older protagonist so more people will be encouraged to pick this game up.

I will answer what I'm sure about.

40-50 hours for the main story, 70-80+ hours for completing everything else. Lots of things open up in the post game!

There are a lot of areas to explore with some secret post-game enemies/events. Not sure how many.

About towns... I know there are quite a few. At the least, half a dozen.

350+ Familiars including golden ones and evolutions. (not all unique)

And as for the sequel, Akihiro Hino said that if he were to do a sequel, making it with an adult protagonist was something he was interested in.

Nyx

- 40ish hours iirc (from reviews)
- Yes
- No Idea
- 300 iirc

Rootbeer

Banned
Whew... my guide on amazon is "shipping soon" -- was paranoid I might have to wait for a restock :) I won't get it on game release day but that's cool, I won't have time to truly dig into Ni No Kuni until this weekend anyway.

zeopower6

Can anyone here link me to a video of someone flipping through the in-game version of the Wizard's Companion? I'm debating with myself if i should keep my pre-order of the German WE or not, as i'm only really interested in the book and could get the game itself for 52&#8364; less. I know the contetnt of the physical book is exactly the same, but i'd still like to see what it looks like in-game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyxIe2cwx9M

Here's a small preview of the Japanese one from IGN. :) Enjoy! It's quite gorgeous imo and you can zoom in reaaaallll close.

One thing is for sure though, there are parts of the game you are going to want the (physical) book for since it can get a bit annoying to have to go in and out of the digital version.

Jeesh, this game is getting good reviews. My gf has been excited for this since it was first shown, I have to get it now...

What is up w/ 2013? This is shaping up to be one of the best years in gaming for this gen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyxIe2cwx9M

Here's a small preview of the Japanese one from IGN. :) Enjoy! It's quite gorgeous imo and you can zoom in reaaaallll close.

One thing is for sure though, there are parts of the game you are going to want the (physical) book for since it can get a bit annoying to have to go in and out of the digital version.

Thank you, that's exactly what i was looking for! Looks really good in-game as well.
I get what you mean about having the physical book though, i'm not overly fond of reading paragraph upon paragraph of text on my TV screen and usually just stick to reading mandatory content in games, even if i find the rest interesting. It's the reason why i have never read all of the character profiles and other descriptions in Valkyria Chronicles, so it would definitely be nice to be able to read longer texts with the book in my hands. Well, i can still mull over it for a good week before it ships.

Top Bottom