• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Andrew.

Banned
I don't see why you wouldn't do the sidequests considering the stamps/merit badges rewarded give you some really sweet perks. Running faster and increased loot findings for example.

btkadams

Was gonna boycott this game after I got fucked on the WE (Got fucked on Dark Souls CE to, Namco get your shit together) but I caved and I'm glad I did. 20 hours in and now I need sleep.

One thing that I find strange is how anyone is calling this game hard. Granted i'm doing every side quest as it comes but still i'm sailing trough the game.

oops. i started on easy last night because i heard it was hard and don't like to grind in rpgs. i was probably going to do some sidequests for perks though.

should i restart on normal?

Aeana

oops. i started on easy last night because i heard it was hard and don't like to grind in rpgs. i was probably going to do some sidequests for perks though.

should i restart on normal?
You can change difficulty any time you want in the options.

Samus4145

I didn't play the demo. I remember in the game Drippy said something like "this is the Sun symbol, that's your familiar type". Well ok, but that doesn't explain anything to me. He's the sun type, so what. I just wanted to know the rock paper scissor formula, which I couldn't find in the wizards companion but apparently it's there somewhere.

I looked on the familiar pages which is where you would think it would be but didn't really see anything and those pages are honestly a tad confusing.

When first introduced in the game, your Familiar and the enemies were both Sun or Star, I don't remember. They should have had the two enemies with two different symbols to explain it better.

Mileena

Banned
Woah there. I think a lot of us would have different opinions on what it's comparable to, but for me it's like a mix of the Tales games, Grandia and Lunar with a bunch of 90s SNES Squaresoft nostalgia thrown in.
Was joking :)

Thanks though, but if its anything like Tales I need to stay far away. Far.

Geeze. This boss was hard, I had to switch to easy to beat him barely.

The pig tank in Hamelin

So if a poster named RPGCrazied is having difficulties with the combat, i feel like there's something unbalanced about it. None of us on this board should be needing to switch to easy.

When do the ???? merits open up. I'm currently holding out on them. I just got my first party member and heading out to some place...

I wouldn't hold off on
faster map movement
or
increased assistance orbs during combat.
Those are both pretty helpful. The side quests are pretty quick, and the game doles out merits pretty generously. They seem to slowly become available, I think it wants you to have certain core ones. Don't be a merit hoarder basically.

Ferrio

Banned
When do the ???? merits open up. I'm currently holding out on them. I just got my first party member and heading out to some place...

Ricker

It's fun but at certain points,it's a grinder for sure...after I left the Grove to head to Manmoon,I absolutly got destroyed by the overworld guys,so I decided to head back to the Ding Dong area,did everything I could there,bought the best equipment that was available for everyone etc etc...there is nothing more I could do there,all ennemies run away from me and all...I think I was level 12...and I got killed easily again so I decided to listen to Drippy and ran straight to the next town,avoiding all the overworld fights for now...made it without a problem thanks to the Merit boots...let's see how it goes from there...

RPGCrazied

So if a poster named RPGCrazied is having difficulties with the combat, i feel like there's something unbalanced about it. None of us on this board should be needing to switch to easy.

I wouldn't hold off on
faster map movement
or
increased assistance orbs during combat.
Those are both pretty helpful. The side quests are pretty quick, and the game doles out merits pretty generously. They seem to slowly become available, I think it wants you to have certain core ones. Don't be a merit hoarder basically.

That or my familiars just suck. But yeah, so far it was the hardest boss for me. But I'm 23 hours in the game.

Z3M0G

It's fun but at certain points,it's a grinder for sure...after I left the Grove to head to Manmoon,I absolutly got destroyed by the overworld guys,so I decided to head back to the Ding Dong area,did everything I could there,bought the best equipment that was available for everyone etc etc...there is nothing more I could there,all ennemies run away from me and all...I think I was level 12...and I got killed easily again so I decided to listen to Drippy and ran straight to the next town,avoiding all the overworld fights for now...made it without a problem thanks to the Merit boots...let's see how it goes from there...

Seriously? So Drippy suggests you actually avoid encounters? If so, I guess it must be normal... but I would have been shocked too.

Can you even run from battles in this game??

Can someone explain the difference between "Continue" (and take a money penalty) or "Return to Title Screen" and just reload?

I'm talking about if I saved recently. Like if I save right before a boss and die to the boss, are there any advantages to Continuing instead of just taking a few extra seconds to go back to the title screen and reload?

I understand the advantage of Continuing if you haven't saved in a while...

Anyone know if jumping has any use in the game, despite the reward's description stating that it decidedly doesn't?

Did you know that it makes it so your familiars can jump in combat? =)

Can someone explain the difference between "Continue" (and take a money penalty) or "Return to Title Screen" and just reload?

I'm talking about if I saved recently. Like if I save right before a boss and die to the boss, are there any advantages to Continuing instead of just taking a few extra seconds to go back to the title screen and reload?

I understand the advantage of Continuing if you haven't saved in a while...

Nope. If you just saved, just reload. Continue is only useful for long dungeons with few checkpoints.

My 8 year old daughter and I are loving this game. She's been taking the controls and doing some of the side quests and a lot of the battles for me. Good times.

Told myself last night I would leave Ding Dong Dell , but got side tracked on the hunts and tasks, I almost have two cards full. What is the first thing everyone is getting?

Finally bought the psn download version, do I need to download both files to play? It's a little bigger than I expected but I should still be playing well before the official EU release date and the game worked out cheaper too.

Finally bought the psn download version, do I need to download both files to play? It's a little bigger than I expected but I should still be playing well before the official EU release date and the game worked out cheaper too.

the 5GB is the main app. the 16GB is the data. so yes.

Leunam

Told myself last night I would leave Ding Dong Dell , but got side tracked on the hunts and tasks, I almost have two cards full. What is the first thing everyone is getting?

I got the one that makes healing and mana orbs appear more frequently in battle first.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

i was wondering how often new tasks and hunts come up... i did all the tasks and went abck to the guy and there was nothing new. still ahve to do the first hunt - not sure yet where to find it. gotta serach search search.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I always forget to save in games since they all auto save now.... Lets just say I am remembering to save more with this game... ugh.

pablito

playing this with the gf, and we're both enjoying it quite a bit. i like how the battle system is simple, yet getting good at timing your skills helps out. kind of reminds me of the mario rpg games.

Top Bottom