• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nidhogg |OT| GET THAT DICK (Steam, PC)

Clawww

Game's really fun but the online is ass so I'm pretty much done 'til it gets fixed. I think local coop would be incredible but I don't have the option.

what issues are you having with online? the interface and all sucks shit but it shouldn't be take more than a few minutes max to find a good connection (assuming your own connection is fine, of course). and a good connection should be perfectly playable.

I'd say give it another shot because I wouldn't bank on anything being 'fixed.'

megalowho

Man this game feels great. It's like the distant, LSD warped cousin of Bushido Blade I hoped it would be. Fulfills the promise of a deceptively simple fighting game anyone can play that Divekick set out to do but even after an hour I vastly prefer this.

Wish there was some more variety in the stages and music but what's there is excellent. Looking forward to moving on to multiplayer, hopefully the online improves over time.

Right now my count for good connections is outweighing the bad! I've played against 5 people that worked well in lengthy sets, were from throughout the US, and ranged from absolute minimal stuttering/rollback to slightly more common stuttering/rollback but still very playable*. 4 of those people were from this thread, which may hopefully help those also in the US that are getting bad luck.

The only unplayable ones were the two friends I mentioned earlier that weren't from GAF.

*Was normally not the host, but occassionally switched just to check.

Clawww

Game's really fun but the online is ass so I'm pretty much done 'til it gets fixed. I think local coop would be incredible but I don't have the option.

Right now my count for good connections is outweighing the bad! I've played against 5 people that worked well in lengthy sets, were from throughout the US, and ranged from absolute minimal stuttering/rollback to slightly more common stuttering/rollback but still very playable*. 4 of those people were from this thread, which may hopefully help those also in the US that are getting bad luck.

The only unplayable ones were the two friends I mentioned earlier that weren't from GAF.

*Was normally not the host, but occassionally switched just to check.

yeah, my experience has been pretty great. considering how twitchy and fast the game can get, I'm very impressed.

I'm trying to think of how to get the NSA achievement, and the best guess we've come up with us that it records how many unique people you have played. If this is how you get it, I have no idea how anyone is gonna do it. There's just not enough people online.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just played this at my friend's house after he found it by lurking this thread. Game is pretty damn fun. I love little co-op games like this. Lethal League is still king though.

So I'm having the strangest issue. Bought a two pack, send the extra copy to my borther through steam, but the game stays in my inventory even after it has been said to be send :-/

Oublieux

So I'm having the strangest issue. Bought a two pack, send the extra copy to my borther through steam, but the game stays in my inventory even after it has been said to be send :-/

It's not an issue. The game stays in your Steam inventory until whoever you sent it to has accepted the gift. It's done this way so that you can choose to change the user to gift it to in case it's never accepted.

It's not an issue. The game stays in your Steam inventory until whoever you sent it to has accepted the gift. It's done this way so that you can choose to change the user to gift it to in case it's never accepted.
Oooo.K...Never noticed that before, thanks for the explaination.

Zissou

This game is fucking great. It seems like on levels w/o natural bottlenecks, you can just jump past people and win very quickly unless they have godlike reactions or guess when you're going to make your move (like in the level with the tall grass), unless I'm missing something...

Squire

Banned
Oh.

Does it support arcade sticks, then?
Has someone tried?

It should. They have a pic of a custom two-button stick on their website.

Like Divekick, but not huge and ridiculous.

Edit: It's for two players!

stick.png

Zissou

It should. They have a pic of a custom two-button stick on their website.

Like Divekick, but not huge and ridiculous.

Probably obvious, but it's no issue using a madcatz 360 stick, as the game is 360 pad compatible natively and you can switch the stick to emulate the analog stick.

Played local multiplayer. It's pretty dope.

Tried to go online. Turns out, you need to use the mouse to interact with the netplay GUI. That part of the game is totally incompatible with Steam's Big Picture mode, despite them touting full controller integration on the game's store page.

This game is fucking great. It seems like on levels w/o natural bottlenecks, you can just jump past people and win very quickly unless they have godlike reactions or guess when you're going to make your move (like in the level with the tall grass), unless I'm missing something...

You can either neutral jump and attempt to out-divekick them, try to move such that they land on your sword and you throw them, or simply run past them off screen so that you respawn.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
You can either neutral jump and attempt to out-divekick them, try to move such that they land on your sword and you throw them, or simply run past them off screen so that you respawn.
Or you can do what the AI does: Throw the sword before they land. Every time I try to divekick past the AI it gets me with a sword throw but against online players it's a free pass.

It sucks so bad if you get an epic match going online. After a while the game decides to quit on its own. Is that a desync?

Clouds is the worst map, I'm sure the whole color blending is intentional but it's impossible to see shit. Castle and Field are godlike though.

Also, how do you cartwheel?

Clawww

Clouds is the worst map, I'm sure the whole color blending is intentional but it's impossible to see shit. Castle and Field are godlike though.

I think the cartwheel only occurs when you're in a full-run and pick up a sword.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This game is so cool. I'm playing the single player and got into a huge back in forth with the AI and the level is just running with blood. Its a mix of yellow and teal just dripping off the screen.

tap down while running. Hold down to roll.

Has anyone found a tactical use for it though? Seems neat, but mostly just showy.

I downloaded the update and tried using the d-pad, but the game will occasionally read right and left inputs as up or down, making it basically unplayable. I'm using the DS4 with the xinput wrapper though so maybe it's just not playing nice with the game for whatever reason.

Top Bottom