• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Weiss

Banned
Right yeah I probably shouldn't be asking that while I'm still playing I guess I just didn't want to deal with that unless there were a reason for it.

realcZk

Just started route B and I remember from my first playthrough it sounded like there was another pod you could find in the wild. Is this easily missable? Tempted to google where it is but don't want to spoil anything.

Hektor

This game...

It's pretty poop

Just started route B and I remember from my first playthrough it sounded like there was another pod you could find in the wild. Is this easily missable? Tempted to google where it is but don't want to spoil anything.

There are two and both missable.
One you can find via fishing tho i don't rememebr where exactly, the other one is in the desert, when you enter the desert from the city move northwest until you hear a peeptone. Said peeptone is getting louder the closer you get to it

LotusHD

Banned

One's in the desert, sticking out. Another is in the water in the flooded city, found through fishing.
yeah I love it. Was just wondering cuz it feels just like how it did in OG NIER

Leave Devola and Popola alone I say!

Finished Ending C and D.

Fuck you Yoko Taro, why I gotta shoot the credits?!

Also, they asked if I wanted to delete all my data........i....is that just a callback or could that legit happen?

realcZk

One's in the desert, sticking out. Another is in the water in the flooded city, found through fishing.

Leave Devola and Popola alone I say!

It's pretty poop

There are two and both missable.
One you can find via fishing tho i don't rememebr where exactly, the other one is in the desert, when you enter the desert from the city move northwest until you hear a peeptone. Said peeptone is getting louder the closer you get to it

Thanks a ton!

Finished Ending C and D.

Fuck you Yoko Taro, why I gotta shoot the credits?!

Also, they asked if I wanted to delete all my data........i....is that just a callback or could that legit happen?

want me to explain? or do you wanna find out

ninja edit: Hektor answered you

Still clearing up side quests in Route B, some of them have some really nice twists to them.

So in other news, seems like the Taro high heels topic is full of drive-by folks that either never played it or would never play it.

They seriously just don't understand Yoko's persona or humour at all. It's funny to think that he is the married to the artist of the Taiko no Tatsujin series by Namco (hand drum Arcade games). Might explain the music rhythm final bosses in Drakengard series, Yoko seems to be a fan of rhythm games like that.

I recall just talking to him on Twitter about his camera once and described it all in perfect English then we started talking about manga. He seems like such a nice bloke (weird in a nice way too, of course). He kept apologising for his bad English all of the time when he's probably got the best English of any of the game devs from Japan I've spoken to on Twitter yet.

Still clearing up side quests in Route B, some of them have some really nice twists to them.

They seriously just don't understand Yoko's persona or humour at all. It's funny to think that he is the married to the artist of the Taiko no Tatsujin series by Namco (hand drum Arcade games). Might explain the music rhythm final bosses in Drakengard series, Yoko seems to be a fan of rhythm games like that.

I recall just talking to him on Twitter about his camera once and described it all in perfect English then we started talking about manga. He seems like such a nice bloke (weird in a nice way too, of course).

I got him to follow me on Twitter, but haven't had a conversation with him yet. So jealous! But he must be getting a lot of acclaim and attention right now as it is.

Just finished Ending E.

Holy mother of god. This has to be one of the most unique gaming moments I ever had. This mechanic of shooting the credits and not giving up until you're helped by other players, pure gold.
Also, did anyone of you let your save game be deleted to help a total stranger? I was like "Hell no", but I backed up my data before the Ending, since I remembered the first game. Maybe gonna do that then with that save.

Story wise, I liked this ending, but I was missing a last twist or something. Otherwise very good last hours, although I missed my 2B also.

Probably gonna try to get everything for Ending Y tomorrow.

ZoronMaro

So way back in the thread someone noticed that the lyrics for the english and japanese version of a certain song were actually different, but I didn't check because spoilers.

Now I'm done and I'm really curious, but I can't find the Japanese translated lyrics, can someone help me out?

E: While I'm at it who's the Japanese singer, because all three vocalists are pretty amazing (Emi Evans still the best though)

I got him to follow me on Twitter, but haven't had a conversation with him yet. So jealous! But he must be getting a lot of acclaim and attention right now as it is.

Right. I was talking to him when he wasn't so "in demand" around two years after Nier first came out, around the early days of Twitter when it wasn't such a viper's nest. I did ask him at the time about a new Nier game on Vita to which he replied by saying that he loves the Vita and wanted to make a game for it and thought Nier would be nice on the system (we did find out that he had plans for a Nier game on Vita at one stage, which never happened). He was surprisingly open back then, I think nowadays Square will be monitoring him more so he can't say as much. Don't be afraid to message him, he's probably one of the nicest devs I've spoken to yet on twitter that actually replies to most of his fans (SWERY used to as well but he doesn't anymore, unfortunately, he's also a really nice guy it seems like).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Now that I've finally gotten past the glitched quests I'm enjoying this a lot. Wound up playing a lot last night and doing a bunch of sidequests once I unlocked fast travel. I'm currently heading to the Forest Kingdom. Hoping I can finish up before Mass Effect.

It's my first Yoko Taro game and I'm quite charmed by it. It has some issues but it's a good time overall.

Having
Emil fly by in his van
during cut scenes is fucking hilarious.
His innocence unintentionally kills the mood.

I love the open world nature in that sense.

Like facing Eve and randoms on the map still trying to pick a fight with you too. And yes Emil could show up lol

Samikaze

I love the open world nature in that sense.

Like facing Eve and randoms on the map still trying to pick a fight with you too. And yes Emil could show up lol

I can just imagine that.
"i'M GOING TO KILL YOU! AAHH BROTHER!! AHH -" " DA DEE DOOOO DOOOO!!! DOO DEEE DOOO DO DI DOOO!!"

Razmos

I think I actually enjoyed 9S's playstyle quite a bit. I just made a separate plugin setup focusing on ranged attacks, hacking and dodging and played him as a ranged fighter

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Now that I've finally gotten past the glitched quests I'm enjoying this a lot. Wound up playing a lot last night and doing a bunch of sidequests once I unlocked fast travel. I'm currently heading to the Forest Kingdom. Hoping I can finish up before Mass Effect.

It's my first Yoko Taro game and I'm quite charmed by it. It has some issues but it's a good time overall.

glad to see your enjoying it :)

How do you guys set up your light/heavy weapons?

I have 2 weapons, both short swords. What should I be looking at when assigning one to light and one to heavy? Does it make a difference?

I don't understand the underlying mechanics at all.

Started playing today and it's a lot of fun so far. Is it normal that there are a lot of framedrops though? I'm playing on a normal ps4 and the framerate in the first open world area is pretty bad sometimes. I tought this was supposed to be 60fps.

Top Bottom