• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Naite

is there anything that makes those special treasure chests appear on radar? i can finally open them but i can't remember all of their locations.
There's an item scan chip at the resistance base shop. I don't know if it works for chests as I never used it but I assume it would.

Hikami

Made it to Route C. Uh, wow. This is getting interesting.

I have to play more of 9S though? booo. I did most of my sidequests on route B so I'm kinda tired of him. Want to play with A2 some more. Her playstyle is pretty fun.

Why is the document
, Yorha disposal, that 9S gets in route C a big reveal? Didn't he already get that info earlier?

Are you sure it's desync and not just the lip sync not being matched to English audio?

Playing with JP audio and it's not just speech, sound effects are alos delayed. Only happens sparingly but enough to notice when it does.

Just finished the robot dojo questline.

The song at the end of that is 1000% Nier
although I had to run away from the rooftop because Emil was right down there beeping about

chefbags

So I'm at route b, barely started and I'm at the bunker.
I'm waking up 2b and there's a recording sign and a hold to skip at the bottom.

How the hell do I move on? Even if I'm trying to hold to skip it won't let me. I'm literally stuck lol. Please help!

Edit - nvm I got it to skip somehow. God I thought my file broke lol

Kalentan

Maybe this has been mentioned but I just learned about it from their gaming channel video on it.

But 2B's english voice actress Kira Buckland, (among a bunch of other stuff) also does Aeriths voice in TeamFourStars FF7 Machinabridged.

Thought that was neat. Good voice actress.

So I'm at route b, barely started and I'm at the bunker.
I'm waking up 2b and there's a recording sign and a hold to skip at the bottom.

How the hell do I move on? Even if I'm trying to hold to skip it won't let me. I'm literally stuck lol. Please help!

Edit - nvm I got it to skip somehow. God I thought my file broke lol

It was showing a recording of your own calibration from playthrough A. You probably took too long!

DNAbro

Just finished Route B. While certain parts were interesting A was much more enjoyable.

Again I just want to make sure, I just play again and I get C right? Nothing I have to do besides that?

So I'm at the end (presumably) of route C where you have to
pick A2 or 9S
. I'm assuming this how you get
either ending C or D
. So how much of a hassle is it to get the other side?

Hektor

So I'm at the end (presumably) of route C where you have to
pick A2 or 9S
. I'm assuming this how you get
either ending C or D
. So how much of a hassle is it to get the other side?

You get a chapter select where you can start of right from that point

watdaeff4

The soundtrack of this game is beautiful and fits very well with the gameplay. Love it. (I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam in this thread lol but I still have to mention it).

On route B right now. I just got back to
Pascal's village
. How do sidequests work now? I did several my first playthrough, but didn't realize I was hitting points of no return before I finished others up
I had to replay the two merchant ones from the village - are all like that? Or the others I completed stay done and the others open back up when I hit those parts of the story?

Okay.
I'm gonna miss playing as 2B though.

Spoiler reply
Me too. I'm not feeling 9S as much and not a big fan of the hacking minigames

Hektor

The soundtrack of this game is beautiful and fits very well with the gameplay. Love it. (I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam in this thread lol but I still have to mention it).

On route B right now. I just got back to
Pascal's village
. How do sidequests work now? I did several my first playthrough, but didn't realize I was hitting points of no return before I finished others up
I had to replay the two merchant ones from the village - are all like that? Or the others I completed stay done and the others open back up when I hit those parts of the story?

The finished sidequests stay finished. Those that aren't you'll have to restart

SkylineRKR

Made it to Route C. Uh, wow. This is getting interesting.

I have to play more of 9S though? booo. I did most of my sidequests on route B so I'm kinda tired of him. Want to play with A2 some more. Her playstyle is pretty fun.

She's the best.
9S is quite a drag. So when I could control of 2B again I was dancing around enemies with sword/greatsword mixups and using finishers. Its glorious. But A2 is even better, she seems to be able to finish enemies at any given moment and even giants. Not sure if 2B could do that...

Beserk mode is rather OP too.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
JESUS.

9S is losin it! Ripped 2B clone's arm off and attached it directly to his body, dude this guy is going through some insane PTSD right now

thejpfin

Fucks sake, first boss insta killed me and had to restart the whole game, this was on normal.
I absolutely hate games that don't respect players time and I have no desire to restart the game.

I feel like shit. Game enjoyment went from 10 to 0.

Hektor

Fucks sake, first boss insta killed me and had to restart the whole game, this was on normal.
I absolutely hate games that don't respect players time and I have no desire to restart the game.

I feel like shit. Game enjoyment went from 10 to 0.

is there seriously not a save point anywhere before the second boss

getting sick of replaying the first part over and over again

Change the difficulty to easy if it is bothering you, you don't lose out on anything if you do

So in other news, seems like the Taro high heels topic is full of drive-by folks that either never played it or would never play it.

I'm legit shook that this is the case

So there's nothing that
deletes all your save data
after beating it like in the first game right? I can get all the endings and the go back and clean up side quests safely right?

Hektor

So there's nothing that
deletes all your save data
after beating it like in the first game right? I can get all the endings and the go back and clean up side quests safely right?

You get the option to, wether you are gonna use it entirely depends on you

Went back as 9S. Don't see Pascal in the usual spot. Wondering if I should load a previous save. :/

Edit: Checking the factory.
Edit 2: Gone.

Should I load a previous save? As far as I know, Pascal would've opened a shop.

In regards to this, this was my first choice.

and correct you'll never see Pascal ever again. I think canon logically is probably hacking him. Leading to the shop... Which is important but also the revelation.

Top Bottom