• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Windam

Scaley member
So, at pax east they pretty much confirmed that if there's enough demand. Drakengard Collection PS4 is going to happen.

drakengard_and_nier_replicant__gestalt_for_ps4_by_marblegallery7-dazq4i1.jpg

I know people don't like these petitions but if no one is gonna make one, I'll do it. I won't miss a chance to get Drakengard 3 for PS4.

Drakengard 3 in stable fps? Nier Replicant for NA (probably not)? GIVE IT TO ME!!

Squire

Banned
Damn that route C opening. I had to drop the difficulty to easy and go all a auto chips and yet it took so long. I have no idea how I was suppose to fight here considering everything was way over my level (I was 34).

You're in for quite a few fights if that was too much.

Labolas

I hope we can leave this discussion about bringing the game back up to 90 score out of this thread.

Fine. Fine. Is there Ralph's around here?

Back on topic though, is it me or
does enemies at start of Route B level up to the same level you are currently at?

anddo0

Route A in the books. Hell of a ride! It was rough around the edges like it's predecessor.. But pure gaming bliss.

I definitely had the most fun playing this game (more than; Yakuza, Gravity Rush, Nioh) and yes even Horizon:ZD.. It's hard to believe I finished this game before Horizon: ZD (which I'm about to wrap up).

I'm pumped for Route B and C to see how everything comes together. I'm fairly confident I'll fly through the next two playthroughs. I'm playing on normal, just trying to enjoy the game.

Does your lvl carry over?

Hektor

Route A in the books. Hell of a ride! It was rough around the edges like it's predecessor.. But pure gaming bliss.

I definitely had the most fun playing this game (more than; Yakuza, Gravity Rush, Nioh) and yes even Horizon:ZD.. It's hard to believe I finished this game before Horizon: ZD (which I'm about to wrap up).

I'm pumped for Route B and C to see how everything comes together. I'm fairly confident I'll fly through the next two playthroughs. I'm playing on normal, just trying to enjoy the game.

Does your lvl carry over?

Yipyip

Weiss

Banned
So, at pax east they pretty much confirmed that if there's enough demand. Drakengard Collection PS4 is going to happen.

I know people don't like these petitions but if no one is gonna make one, I'll do it. I won't miss a chance to get Drakengard 3 for PS4.

wait what

Man if Drakengard had good gameplay it'd be phenomenal. Like, even just NieR-level gameplay and it'd be enough.

Squire

Banned
Re: difficulty - fuse those EXP Gain chips y'all. I finished the game at Lv. 56 with an EXP chip on from route B onwards. I actually think this game is pretty well-balanced on Normal though. Pretty stark contrast to FFXV where you could game the system and hit Lv. 60 or something before even getting halfway through the game.

Having that feel for action games definitely helps, but I honestly started using auto-chips for 9S parts towards the end. I do like playing him, but (route c spoilers)
I felt the battles he was being thrown into were way more suited for A2. Most of his encounters in the tower are actually more exciting than what they throw at A2. I can get why on a story level, but yeah.

I'm definitely in the camp that wants them to just move forward creatively. Hopefully YT and PG liked working together enough that PG can now occupy the space Cavia once held. I think they bring out the best in each other and the more I play this game, the more I'm saying to myself: This is simply one of PGs best games.

Seriously. This is up there with both Bayos, Revengeance, and Vanquish.

Route C made the game way more interesting. That whole opening segment was so good.

A friend of mine described it as the end of the YT game and the beginning of the PG game.

It's still a YT game, but I can say that that descriptor is accustste and only becomes more accurate the deeper you get into Route C.

Is that enough to bring the score back to 90?

We're currently at 89.3548 Unweighted, and perfect scores from EZA & Jim would push that up to 89.6875 Unweighted.

If the weights impact it enough - or if the actual score is higher due to weights, it's a possibility, but unlikely.

Kaizer

Banned
Man, I'm still REALLY early in the game (still on first Route), but I just made it to the Amusement Park & yeah, something definitely feels "off" about this whole thing. Very intriguing so far.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the game with all the endings, all of them(although I used a guide for it).
What a fantastic game... had some weird bugs towards the end though like the map constantly greying out entirely but whatever. Also platted the game because it was so convenient. Love Taro for saving me the trouble to grind out certain things that I wasn't really interested in doing more games should imitate xD.

LotusHD

Banned
The more I play this game, the more I'm saying to myself: This is simply one of PGs best games.

Seriously. This is up there with both Bayos, Revengeance, and Vanquish.

This is both Taro and Platinum's best game for me personally

---

This whole time this sidequest had some serious foreshadowing... This is why they're worth doing people.

I think I'm going to attempt a platinum on this at some point in the future once the release schedule starts to thin out a little. I'm just loving this game too much. I've learned to leave the majority of the side quests alone until the game opened up more.

It's my GOTY as of now.

I feel like I am overpowered right now. I'm kind of a completionist and want to complete every side mission as soon as it becomes available.

So basically a bit after the
first adam boss
I started fighting
Father Servo
but he kept getting stronger, so I constantly leveled up in the area where I fought
Adam
the first time. Right now I can't fight the next
Father Servo
because I need one material. But right now I just fought
A2
the first time, who was just standing there apparently. And I was level 52. Heh. <_<

I think I ruined my experienced for the main stories right now, heh, heh. <_<"

Jiraiza

I feel like I am overpowered right now. I'm kind of a completionist and want to complete every side mission as soon as it becomes available.

So basically a bit after the
first adam boss
I started fighting
Father Servo
but he kept getting stronger, so I constantly leveled up in the area where I fought
Adam
the first time. Right now I can't fight the next
Father Servo
because I need one material. But right now I just fought
A2
the first time, who was just standing there apparently. And I was level 52. Heh. <_<

I think I ruined my experienced for the main stories right now, heh, heh. <_<"

Fighting Father Servo at level 35 is the worst. Takes forever.

Ourobolus

Banned
Fighting Father Servo at level 35 is the worst. Takes forever.

I fought his level 50 form at Lv 25. That....took about 20 minutes.

As for the next one, came back in Route B and
9S hacked him to death quickly. Wonder if the Lv50 is quicker with 9S too

Weiss

Banned
I've played Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian and NieR Automata all in the same short timespan. I'm playing the glorious return to form RE7 and in two weeks I'll get Persona 5.

I can't remember the last time gaming was this good.

Still having trouble articulating how I feel about completing this game. It really got to me in a way that I haven't felt since the original NieR.

Ha! Finally beat the Wandering Couple sidequest after accidentally having it expire in Route A. What a fucked up lady, haha.

I still need to ebat this side quest. I've ahd it expire on me twice. Both times I got to the point where you give them money and then I have no idea what to do next then the route ends.

Ooo nice, I was thinking about rebuying D3, but I'll hold out for a PS4 port hopefully. It'd be cool to play Drakkengaurd 1 as well.

I'm trying to do all side quests for Ending Y. Currently doing the Old World Information one.

How the hell am I supposed to get to some of the places where the chests with them are? There is one in the Flooded City across the water in some building. How does that even work?

I'm trying to do all side quests for Ending Y. Currently doing the Old World Information one.

How the hell am I supposed to get to some of the places where the chests with them are? There is one in the Flooded City across the water in some building. How does that even work?

Equip short sword
double jump
dash
hold jump to glide
hit attack while gliding for upwards kick

Go with 9S tho for obvious reasons

ChanMan

So I got ending E with a playtime of 45hrs and loved every second of it. I
also deleted my save file as well so all the progress I did is gone and honestly I am fine with it even if I didn't see all of the side-quest.
This game is honestly one of my favorite games I have ever played from the story, the music and the combat. Beauvoir will go down as one of my favorite boss battles ever and the climax to this game was just fantastic. Thank you Yoko Taro, Square Enix, Platinum games and everyone else who worked on this game.

Ughhhhh So I died at the
emil fight
, decided to try to tackle it later, forgot I had to retrieve my body to get my chips back. Went to do so, couldn't find my body among the dozens that we're there, accidentally triggered the boss again. Died once more :/

pezzie

Ughhhhh So I died at the
emil fight
, decided to try to tackle it later, forgot I had to retrieve my body to get my chips back. Went to do so, couldn't find my body among the dozens that we're there, accidentally triggered the boss again. Died once more :/

If you didn't save in between, just reload your last save and you'll have your chips again.

Philippo

So i was looking for materials for the
Goliath
repair quest and i destroyed the last of the big machines but it didn't drop the new screw i needed, where can i find one now?

nv: reloading brings them back!

Top Bottom