• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Philippo

Just found and done the
Sunken City
, how far into the main quest am i? Side quests are so addictive and now there's too many of them! Fighting
former YoRHa
was so satisfying!

Also, Adam & Eve idea and imagery is so fascinating.

Oh and Father Servo is hand down my favourite NPC from this gen, i want him in a fighting game.

ChanMan

Just finished Route A
the ending confused me is it supposed to be confusing ??! 2B said machines gained emotions unlike android but clearly she has emotions when she killed 9S

You have to play more to fully understand why it will all make sense, plus she hints at a little
when she kills 9s.

Squire

Banned
Apparently there will be DLC (nothing officially confirmed) but Taro said not to expect too much because they lack the budget and manpower.

To be fair, Taro said not to expect much from what ended up being the best story/campaign of this console generation so far.

LotusHD

Banned
Alright, so I just finished Route D, but I'm quite confused, and I definitely feel like something's wrong.

I'm in the credits, where the pods ask me if I want them to survive. Then I'm suddenly fighting off the credits in a hacking minigame. Am I supposed to actually win? Because I die, and then it stops if I decide to give up. If I'm supposed to win, then that would make a lot more sense, because I haven't had a bug all this time lol

I'm probably supposed to beat the whole aren't I...

Slater

Banned
Alright, so I just finished Route D, but I'm quite confused, and I definitely feel like something's wrong.

I'm in the credits, where the pods ask me if I want them to survive. Then I'm fighting off the credits in a hacking minigame. Am I supposed to actually win? Because I die, and then it stops. If I'm supposed to win, then that would make a lot more sense, because I haven't had a bug all this time lol

Just keep going, your on the right path keep playing an an option will eventually come up

I'm in the credits, where the pods ask me if I want them to survive. Then I'm suddenly fighting off the credits in a hacking minigame. Am I supposed to actually win? Because I die, and then it stops if I decide to give up. If I'm supposed to win, then that would make a lot more sense, because I haven't had a bug all this time lol

Yes, you're supposse to beat it. But
it's suppose to kick your ass
, just don't give up ;)

Awesome, thanks for the answers on Gestalt/Replicant guys. I should've figured it wasn't clear cut given what series we're talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

Okay, I was so confused. Really lame that I get stumped at the very end, dilutes the moment of it all, but oh well.
It's a shit way to end the game tbh. Make sure you're connected to the servers too, it's basically unbeatable if your aren't online. I got kicked off because the update got rolled out when I was doing it and I sat there for like an hour failing at the Square Enix checkpoint.

Alright after the (true ending spoilers)
save deleting fiasco that happened last night, i rushed through it on a previous save and very close to finishing it again so i can resume with clearing all the sidequests & optional bosses

I really want to play nier but it's impossible to track down a copy under 60€, even used. And with it not being digital on the PSN store isn't helping either....

It's a shit way to end the game tbh. Make sure you're connected to the servers too, it's basically unbeatable if your aren't online. I got kicked off because the update got rolled out when I was doing it and I sat there for like an hour failing at the Square Enix checkpoint.

Lol I got stuck there too.

I actually really loved that ending and thought it was well done.
The way the game taunts you whenever you die, how it becomes near unbeatable towards the end, the way it cycles through each rendition of the weight of the world, until finally another player comes to your aid, and all those logos that were kicking you butt a second ago go down with ease and your treated to a beatiful new rendition of weight of the world, meanwhile other players save files are getting deleted whenever you get hit. I loved E.

Lol I got stuck there too.

I actually really loved that ending and thought it was well done.
The way the game taunts you whenever you die, how it becomes near unbeatable towards the end, the way it cycles through each rendition of the weight of the world, until finally another player comes to your aid, and all those logos that were kicking you butt a second ago go down with ease and your treated to a beatiful new rendition of weight of the world, meanwhile other players save files are getting deleted whenever you get hit. I loved E.
After the first half hour of it cycling through a handful of taunts because it can't trigger the help while offline it gets a little old, to say the least. And I thought the fact that you spend more than half the game hacking dragged it down enough without them
making the beat the game goes out on a super dragged out hack-a-thon, basically.

After the first half hour of it cycling through a handful of taunts because it can't trigger the help while offline it gets a little old, to say the least. And I thought the fact that you spend more than half the game hacking dragged it down enough without them
making the beat the game goes out on a super dragged out hack-a-thon

I think it got ruined for you since you weren't online. Online took me about 15 mins with it.

LotusHD

Banned

It's a shit way to end the game tbh. Make sure you're connected to the servers too, it's basically unbeatable if your aren't online.
I got kicked off because the update got rolled out when I was doing it and I sat there for like an hour failing at the Square Enix checkpoint.

Made the moment awesome to me.

!!!!

Online saved it for me. Put a damn big smile on my face once I realized what was happening.

Carbonox

What's the general stance regarding spending money (like buying weapons) and upgrading? Buy and upgrade everything you come across? Or save money for certain situations? I'm at the "beginning" after the prologue.

I think it got ruined for you since you weren't online. Online took me about 15 mins with it.
It's stupid that they'd even make it only work online, and it was still stupid when I did it online. It's like if they ended Bioshock with a ten minute hacking sequence or if Mass Effect ended with you having to probe a few dozen planets to find the last cutscene.

Weiss

Banned
What's the general stance regarding spending money (like buying weapons) and upgrading? Buy and upgrade everything you come across? Or save money for certain situations? I'm at the "beginning" after the prologue.

Money really isn't an object in this game unless you a die a whole bunch.

Or maybe.... there were just given a higher budget.

Please world make this game sell decently.

Cruel man makes one of the best games this year so far and then wants expectations to be down. Notlikethis....

That's what he said about the game itself, so......

To be fair, Taro said not to expect much from what ended up being the best story/campaign of this console generation so far.

;)

World of the Recycled Vessel in the original NieR was kinda eh. I'm personally hoping for Automata DLC to be closer to MGR but that seems to be too optimistic.

Hektor

It's stupid that they'd even make it only work online, and it was still stupid when I did it online. It's like if they ended Bioshock with a ten minute hacking sequence or if Mass Effect ended with you having to probe a few dozen planets to find the last cutscene.

Your comparisons are bad, the entire Nier franchise is HUGE on Bullethell elements and they decided to end it with a pure bullethell sequence, nothing out of line with that

And if it would work offline there'd be no point to the entire part of helping people at all and the underlying message of overcoming struggle together

Do you need to find ALL archives for the Data on the OId World quest from Pascal? I just went of the wiki and collected everything that falls under the Old World Information category, but apparently I'm missing something.

Your comparisons are bad, the entire Nier franchise is HUGE on Bullethell elements and they decided to end it with a pure bullethell sequence, nothing out of line with that

And if it would work offline there'd be no point to the entire part of helping people at all and the underlying message of overcoming struggle together
It's more like crappy Geometry Wars than a bullet hell game. And I'm sure the underlying message will mean a lot to people who can't get the real ending when the servers go down.
And Mass Effect is pretty big on planet probing

Ourobolus

Banned
Do you need to find ALL archives for the Old World Information quest from Pascal? I just went of the wiki and collected everything that falls under the Old World Information category, but apparently I'm missing something.

There's really only one I can think of that is required
Nuclear Arms Manual

Freeman76

The music is so good, reminds me of FF13 in places, especially on the base ship (im early in the game) anyone know if its the same composer?

The music is so good, reminds me of FF13 in places, especially on the base ship (im early in the game) anyone know if its the same composer?

it's not. its Keiichi Okabe

Okabe has done Tekken 6, NIER, Drakengard 3 and now NieR: Automata.

His studio is MONACA and his OSTs have been GOAT material especially NIER and NieR: Automata

Top Bottom