• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nigel Farage resigns as Ukip leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nw205dVhc31s3uawvo1_r1_400.gif

hodgy100

The party does seem kind of redundant now. They'll never be in power, and they've achieved their primary mission objective without needing to be elected.

Its not been achieved yet, the UK has not yet left the EU and depending on how we leave the EU we may not even be independant from it.

Are people surprised by this? He literally said that he would dissolve UKIP if Britain left the EU.

Again we have not left yet. We haven't even started the process to leave.

yup, no one wants to invoke A50, the referendum will be forgotten, look at the markets

What if it was the Remainers' plan all along

Destroy the separatists

Destroy the opponents

But in the end don't actually leave the UE

Balance will be restored to the galaxy Britain

Alienous

Its not been achieved yet, the UK has not yet left the EU and depending on how we leave the EU we may not even be independant from it.

No, my point is that UKIP's purpose has been achieved, or achieved as best as they could hope to achieve it. Short of getting into power, which isn't a likely prospect, they've done all they could do to have Britain leave the EU.

I'm now fully in favour of the referendum result being overturned. As badly as the Leave campaigners conducted themselves prior to it, they've been infinitely worse following it. Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage have both now distanced themselves from having to actually deal with the consequences, and Boris has even outright claimed the current Government should have had a plan (that's the Leave campaign's job, you fuckwit).

The economy has taken a dive.
Hate crime has increased.
The leaders of the winning side are abandoning ship because they don't want to have to deal with what comes next now that they won.

These are all objective facts, and we're only one week in.

We have a government specifically to make decisions that need to be made in order to guide this country. And based on what we've seen so far, I think it's pretty clear cut.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I don't blame him really. It must consume your life doing that job.

Now come on Corbyn. Do the same.

Peru

Johnson and Farage gone, Gove on his way out - voluntarily or not - and someone else will have to deal with difficult decisions after the huffing and puffing of the brexit campaign tricked people into giving them their vote.

You know that gif of Vince McMahon entering the ring but reversed?

If only someone could slap farages face on it, this thread would be perfect

tomtom94

All jokes aside, will be interesting to see who gets it. Carswell is something of a shrewd political campaigner but half the party detests him.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
"Well it's not my fault the actual leave process was executed so porly"

Jeels

Again we have not left yet. We haven't even started the process to leave.

Leavers aren't actually interested in the UK being independent silly. They obviously didn't even know what that actually meant. They are interested in "taking back their country" whatever that vague nonsense means as well as getting rid of all the immigrants and brown people

kmax

The people that created this mess in the first place do not want anything to do with it now that it's actually happening.

How surprising.

jerry113

Banned
so from my outside american perspective it appears that the public faces of the leave campaign are abandoning ship after they've achieved victory?

megalowho

It's been tremendous fun, I've done my bit, I want my life back. What leadership.

UK will never actually leave the EU, this is all theatre.

danowat

Banned
so from my outside american perspective it appears that the public faces of the leave campaign are abandoning ship after they've achieved victory?

Certainly are, they've done what they wanted, let some other chumps clear up the mess.

Farage said "My job is done", well, it really isn't, we're still in the EU FFS.

Let me see if I get this right:

1. David Cameron gambled with this referendum, promised to activate #50 directly if the people voted to leave, didn't do it, and resigned instead?
2. Nigel Farage backtracked on important promises before people even had woken up the day after the vote, and is now resigning?
3. Boris Johnson was one of the most vocal persons for the exit side, but then decided to jump the ship, and write a book about Shakespeare?

Is there anyone in GB who feels like take any kind of responsibility for anything?

GREAT, Britain...

Well done...

Matty8787

I'm now fully in favour of the referendum result being overturned. As badly as the Leave campaigners conducted themselves prior to it, they've been infinitely worse following it. Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage have both now distanced themselves from having to actually deal with the consequences, and Boris has even outright claimed the current Government should have had a plan (that's the Leave campaign's job, you fuckwit).

The economy has taken a dive.
Hate crime has increased.
The leaders of the winning side are abandoning ship because they don't want to have to deal with what comes next now that they won.

These are all objective facts, and we're only one week in.

We have a government specifically to make decisions that need to be made in order to guide this country. And based on what we've seen so far, I think it's pretty clear cut.

Not really, the government that promised the referendum should have plans for either outcome. They are the ones in power not Boris Fucking Johnson.

Also majority of leave voters were not tricked into voting. They pushed for the referendum and would be voting out whatever you told them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom