• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nigel Farage resigns as Ukip leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ.

I love how every single politician with any hand in #Brexit is just walking away from this and trying to wash their hands of any responsibility.

Y'all got trolled hard over in the UK.

Scotland, Northern Ireland. Get out. NOW.

XhxZhyG.gif

tumblr_inline_myqvyhl4Cr1ss71vb.gif

danowat

Banned
Serious question, who exactly is steering the Titanic now?

Are we going to be just lurching from one disaster to the next till September?

Maledict

He's not joining the Tories, he's already said he'll stay as UKIPs MeP for the final two years.

Douglas Carsell, UKIPs only MP, has said he won't stand to be leader and he wants UKIP to avoid the temptation to be 'an angry, nativist party'.

God knows what he thinks UKIP has been up until now then?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
http://newsthump.com/2016/07/04/nigel-farage-resigns-to-spend-more-time-with-his-ego/

“But it is only right that I now step back to give my ego the time and dedication it truly needs in the coming months and years – especially as opportunities for anti-immigration media mouthpieces will no doubt grow exponentially, and my ego and I must prepare for that.

“Just think, I will be able to say absolutely anything I like as I won’t have any party or political allegiances to hold me back – imagine what my opinions will be like when there are absolutely zero consequences to anything I say. And you thought my immigration posters were bad, ha!

“But I care not what people think, because I know that each evening I can return home to the loving embrace of my ego, and we can sit in the front of the fire telling each other stories about how great we are.”

He's not joining the Tories, he's already said he'll stay as UKIPs MeP for the final two years.

Douglas Carsell, UKIPs only MP, has said he won't stand to be leader and he wants UKIP to avoid the temptation to be 'an angry, nativist party'.

God knows what he thinks UKIP has been up until now then?

He said he was stepping down as leader before and went back on it. I won't believe he'll do anything he says he'll do unless I actually see him do it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
"Gimme this!"
"Okay, here it is. Britain is in a real tough spot now though? What should we do next?"
"I want my life back!"

Holy shit. Could this be more of a shit-show?

Jamie OD

Jesus Christ.

I love how every single politician with any hand in #Brexit is just walking away from this and trying to wash their hands of any responsibility.

And the media's too busy tearing Corbyn apart to care.

So, what's the deal? Was the whole Leave thing just a conservative attempt to drum up a lot of ultra-nationalist and anti-immigration sentiment they could capitalize on, that their leadership never expected to actually pass and now they don't have a contingency to handle that? Are they just actually so blindingly stupid that they hadn't considered the consequences the entire time?

danowat

Banned
So, what's the deal? Was the whole Leave thing just a conservative attempt to drum up a lot of ultra-nationalist and anti-immigration sentiment they could capitalize on, that their leadership never expected to actually pass and now they don't have a contingency to handle that? Are they just actually so blindingly stupid that they hadn't considered the consequences the entire time?

10913c7330efc5c56f2476fc5f475b510ebe1cce958e1a06cecdf5431c77ccb2.jpg

Maledict

And the media's too busy tearing Corbyn apart to care.

No they aren't. Heck, that spectacle dropped off the front pages last Wednesday as the Tory leadership stuff revved up and Johnson quit. As bad as labour is right now there's far more press to be had about the Tories (and now UKIP).

Despite what his supporters keep saying, there isn't some vast blairite media conspiracy against Corbyn. Most of them just print what sells papers, and right now that's the torys.

Remember that Geroge W. Bush "Mission Accomplished" picture. That needs to be shooped with Farage...

I guess it's much better to live as a "celebrity xenophobe talking head" than actually fix the mess you created.

Micerider

Hehe. If I had the time and skills I would make a Simpsons The Movie .gif with Farage pasted on Anulf presidencial face saying "I've been elected to LEAVE not to LEAD"

So that's Cameron gone, Osborne out of the picture, Bojo sunk by Gove, Gove (probably) not going to be PM because of Lady MacGove and Farage resigning. Under normal circumstances I'd be delighted, but this feels more like the rats deserting the sinking ship.

So, isn't Theresa May the second coming of Thatcher? I'm still not too well developed on UK politics, but FT made mention of her, and Gove hasn't fucked himself, yet.

danm999

Brexit might be the first vote I've seen where the winners are resigning from politics faster than the losers. What a mess.

Bold One

fucking cunt, he fought so hard to get Britain out of the EU, not realising he would be loosing the very platform that put him in the spotlight.

StayDead

I hope you got what you wanted you twat.

Now watch as he leaves to go live in his Spanish holiday home to live out the rest of his days.

Jesus Christ.

I'm a total noob when it comes to what's happening in the UK, but seeing Farage and Johnson weasel themselves out of any responsibility to what is happening would seriously piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom