• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoxManiac

Well, what I’m hoping for if this sells well (which I think it will). It will get Nintendo to start open talks with third parties to get those games that never made it to the VC.

Battle of Olympus and Crystalis are the first that pop in my mind for the NES, and I know there are others.

And if other systems do come out, we can hopefully get games like Lufia 1 & 2, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma. Just to name a few.

But if there would be no way to add games to these miniature systems, it would be a moot point, anyways.

I would kill for Battle of Olympus (and other Broderbund published titles) but who owns the publishing rights to the NA release of those now? I wouldn't be surprised if Broderbund sold it off long ago.

EDIT: I guess its Ubisoft? Whelp, there goes that.

MacTag

Banned
It could be way worse. At least the list isnt padded with all those early first party sports games that are like getting coal for Christmas when they waste release slots on the various virtual console offerings.
So true. We're lucky Nintendo just didn't throw in the NES Remix titles and call it a day.

Are there even any VC releases, anymore?

I thought they had stopped.
We're getting TG16 today! There's 1-2 VC games basically every week although today we're getting spoiled with 4.

deleted

I will buy every last one I need to buy to guarantee a release of a Classic Mini SNES and N64!

This is a good idea, I like it.

Hugstable

Banned
Does Final Fantasy 1 showing up on this console mean that it will finally come to Wii U VC eventually.

Either way I need one of these NES, I wanna have a dedicated Kirby Adventure platform :D

Loxley

My first console was an N64, so I completely missed out on the NES/SNES generations - if I've got the spare cash I'll absolutely pick this up.

Balb

Hoping the inevitable success of this device will force Nintendo to rethink their pricing structure for VC games. These 30 games would cost $150 on Wii U VC and that's not even including the cost of the hardware.

Imagine the Snes version of this with 30 titles:

Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Zelda: Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Super Metroid
Pilotwings
Earthbound
F-Zero
StarFox
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Kart
Super Punch-Out!!!
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Contra 3
Super Castlevania IV
Turtles in Time
Mega Man X
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
ActRaiser
Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Mortal Kombat 2
Illusion of Gaia

I personally would rather have Final Fight 3 or Captain Commando instead of original SNES Final Fight (just not a fan of that version). Also, the idea that Turtles in Time and MK2 would be included is a beautiful dream but would never happen. I would take Sunset Riders and King of the Monsters in there place.

Ibuki

Banned
I saw this at the bottom of the press release page, not sure what they are talking about.

*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging.

oti

Banned
giphy.gif

You really needed a gif to say "seems cool"? I know that guy from other gifs and those are amazing, but this is meh/5.

Step up yo game bruh.

Revven

This is very cool but not for me. I'll wait for the inevitable Nintendo Classic Mini - N64 that hopefully includes SM64 and everything else. Imagine new N64 controllers!?

orioto

Good Art™
They should go in fully with that concept.

They should have that, but with an internet conncetion and a little simplified eshop, where you can buy all other nes games, + why not, DLC for some old games, and even new releases when devs want to. There is a whole market to have with this.

Then do the same with snes.

Also this'll be the first time i buy a NES :) But to be really cool it has to have some really cool render via hdmi.. I'm worried it's shit. It should look like the crt aspect the most they can. (Also is there save state options for us bad and impatient players ?)

Ibuki

Banned
Cucurbitacée;209939271 said:
You need a USB power supply, either directly from the TV or something like a phone charger.

See how vague it is though? What kind of AC adapter does it need, how can they get away with not including one in the box?

Hobbun

We're getting TG16 today! There's 1-2 VC games basically every week although today we're getting spoiled with 4.

Hm, ok. I guess maybe because I just don’t see the thread anymore on NeoGAF. I remember waiting each week, wondering/excited what would come up.

So what are the four games coming out today?

I'll take eight! At least two. I can finally get rid of the ancient NES at my mom's house that has been there since I was a kid.

Please don't have the same muddy graphics as Wii U's VC games...

*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging.

Goddammit.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I really love that its compatible wiry Classic Controllers. I've got three of those do I don't need to buy any extra NES controllers.

oti

Banned
Cucurbitacée;209939271 said:
You need a USB power supply, either directly from the TV or something like a phone charger.

I have like 6 of those just flying around. Still a bummer though.

Hari Seldon

I'm going to be handing these out like free candy to my relatives on christmas lol. You get a NES, you get a NES, YOU get a NES. So hard to shop for adults in my family but this is a no brainer lol.

Piccoro

I can't believe what I'm reading, I feel like I was transported into another dimension...
I mean, Nintendo is releasing a new NES? :O This is so bought.

Also, cool that they managed to get 3rd parties on board, but I wish that Konami got in some kind of deal with Nickelodeon to re-relese the Ninja Turtles games.

$60 for a pretty mini NES replica, a new controler and 30 games

If you are buying these games alone on Virtual Console you will be spending (opens calculator) $150

That is the amazing thing here. The Virtual Console has been overpriced by$2-3 from the very beginning (IMO) and there has never been an amazing sale.

The games average out to $2 each and you get the system to play them on.

Pretty much every game is an essential NES classic.

I hope by the time the NX comes around that their VC pricing is a bit more inline with this.

I wish we also got the rounded NES controller too.

I found that more comfortable when it came out.

Effect

I'm still surprised there is no Dragon Warrior. Though I'd take Final Fantasy 1 over it without hesitation. I'm really happy Bubble Bobble is there. I love that game and spent a lot of hours playing that with my mom with her putting in even more hours by herself. That and the Bugs Bunny Castle games were/are some of her favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom