• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started to look into this and was curious about the save states, trying to find more info I found

Does this mean designated spots in each game to save? Not a true save state for any spot in the game? If its the former thats a bummer

You have four true save state slots per title that can be used at any point in a game. When you hit the reset button on the console, your progress is stored, which can then be assigned to a save state slot.

maxcriden

Just started to look into this and was curious about the save states, trying to find more info I found

Does this mean designated spots in each game to save? Not a true save state for any spot in the game? If its the former thats a bummer

That...I hope that can't be right. I'm pretty sure you just get four save files per game to use save states in as you wish....

Kintaco

Video from Nintendo I saw mentioned 4 saved states per game. Not four specific save points per game.

That...I hope that can't be right. I'm pretty sure you just get four save files per game to use save states in as you wish....

You have 4 save-state slots per game, each of which you can lock so it cannot be overwritten by accident. You freeze your game state for saving, and return the menu by hitting the small RESET button on the front of the NES Classic Mini.

Edit: Dang, beaten like a dead horse.

Does BestBuy do same day store pickup? If so I'll just buy it right at midnight or whenever it pops up on their online store and head to my local store after work to get it.

TVexperto

I just found out about this product and I am a little bit confused: Is it possible to play old card ridge games with this console or not? I want to buy this for my mum she loves tetris but its not on or are the games only limited to the 30 games that are installed and I cant use my old NES games on this console?

Javier

I just found out about this product and I am a little bit confused: Is it possible to play old card ridge games with this console or not? I want to buy this for my mum she loves tetris but its not on or are the games only limited to the 30 games that are installed and I cant use my old NES games on this console?
No cartridges. The 30 installed games is all you get, with a few added features like save files.

ColdMilk

Is this ever going to go up for pre-order on Amazon? Knowing Nintendo they will make it hard to find just because. Ebay scalpers are going to love it.

joms5

Wonder if we canadians will have to camp out for this lol? There are pre-orders for the accessories, but not the actual console. Anyone here interested in the Retro-Bit Generations?

If you want to use your classic retro controllers (Nes, Snes, N64 etc...), grab these

http://raphnet.com/products/ns64gc_to_wiimote/index.php

Those are really cool but that price... ouch!

And if you need 2 of them? Forget that. Great idea but way too expensive.

Can't believe there's still no pre-orders up for US. They are going to sell these things as fast as they can make them. Every single person I know who's even remotely into gaming has said they want one.

Can't believe there's still no pre-orders up for US. They are going to sell these things as fast as they can make them. Every single person I know who's even remotely into gaming has said they want one.
oh really? all preorders are absolutely sold out in australia :/

AgeEighty

What were they thinking on the cable length of the controllers.....

They were probably thinking you'd have the console sitting next to or in front of you, and hook it up with a long HDMI cable. Doesn't seem likely that many people would leave this connected to their TV long term.

UberTag

What a bewildering way to order the games on the system.

As best as I can tell they're in a two-tier alphabetical system by publisher and title. So all of the Nintendo games are in order from A-Z but then we have the publishers alphabetized in the order of Arc System Works-Bandai Namco-Capcom-Koei Tecmo-Konami-Nintendo-Square Enix and their respective games are in alphabetical order in their little lists but when you have them lined up in a row it doesn't come off intuitive at all.

LQX

What were they thinking on the cable length of the controllers.....

It adds to the nostalgia...

e5369ed28a5f4b57754a880b4f78c6e4.jpg

Yeah, I wont be able to use this thing if I use it on my TV as I will have to basically put my face on the screen to use it. Come on Nintendo, what the hell. Guess I will hook it up to my PC monitor.

hokahey

The original pre-orders sold out. I got mine through Target 2(?) months ago

RowdyReverb

They were probably thinking you'd have the console sitting next to or in front of you, and hook it up with a long HDMI cable. Doesn't seem likely that many people would leave this connected to their TV long term.

There is no way the cable will be that short. That was like a 3 foot cable
I mean, the way to get back to the games menu is by hitting the reset button on the console. It's pretty clear they intended for people to sit within a few feet of the device. Hopefully the power cable has a decent length

Amazon pre-orders went up?
Nope. Just Target briefly a while back

The Nintendo Minute video got me pretty hyped.

Also, I pre-ordered from Target forever ago via PayPal and there's been a big -$60 pending on there ever since. I didn't think they pre-charged for pre-orders?

Lucent

The Nintendo Minute video got me pretty hyped.

Also, I pre-ordered from Target forever again via PayPal and there's been a big -$60 pending on there ever since. I didn't think they pre-charged for pre-orders?

I think it's a PayPal thing. I dunno but I used PayPal on best buys site for Persona 5 and they immediately took the money so it's just already paid for.

I think it's a PayPal thing. I dunno but I used PayPal on best buys site for Persona 5 and they immediately took the money so it's just already paid for.

No they have done it on two cards of mine like every week. I'm not understanding why this isn't up anywhere else yet. I am wondering if Nintendo put out feelers and only toys r us and target bit, hence they both got the majority of intial orders? This thing is going to be out in two weeks and you would not seem to know it.

Hermii

It adds to the nostalgia...

e5369ed28a5f4b57754a880b4f78c6e4.jpg

Yeah, I wont be able to use this thing if I use it on my TV as I will have to basically put my face on the screen to use it. Come on Nintendo, what the hell. Guess I will hook it up to my PC monitor.

You can't use them wirelessly if you connect them to a Wiimote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom