• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

Really?

I assumed it just sold out.

I have it on e-mail notification from Amazon though.

as I track amazon prices with specialized apps, no... amazon has never put stock on that listing ever.

kinda weird they haven't opened the preorders... has any other ratailer opened them in US?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This product is not for me, but it seems like they executed it as well as I could have expected for what it is and the price!

as I track amazon prices with specialized apps, no... amazon has never put stock on that listing ever.

kinda weird they haven't opened the preorders... has any other ratailer opened them in US?

What apps do you use for Amazon price tracking? That sounds like something I should check out.

Target and Toys R Us.

I have a Target pre-order but I'm expecting it to get cancelled at some point. They clearly took orders without having an allocation # from NoA.

wiibomb

What apps do you use for Amazon price tracking? That sounds like something I should check out.

there is an browser extension named Keepa, I have it se up with Firefox, but it might work on others too. this has been my main source of price and stock tracking at amazon, it basically tracks the amazon prices of used, new and collectible products and shows how it have been behaving in any period of time as a very nice graph of prices, including every category or only the ones selected.

This extension has been amazing, it can even set up alerts for different items and then when the product drops in the desired category below the ranged price, it sends an email to alert of the price. I have been tracking NES Mini since I installed the extension and the status info shows no prices whatsoever in any period of time, so it has never been in stock. (besides I have an alert for when it comes in stock)

curiously enough, I think it was someone on this same thread who suggested the extension.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Target and Toys R Us.

I have a Target pre-order but I'm expecting it to get cancelled at some point. They clearly took orders without having an allocation # from NoA.

Not necessarily true. This may be a case where they utilize exclusive retailers until they produce enough to meet demand.

Thousands of people like myself outside of the US but in the Americas are at the mercy of Amazon. Pretty much the only reliable place that accepts international cards. Who do I have to run up there and slap?

wiibomb

Thousands of people like myself outside of the US but in the Americas are at the mercy of Amazon. Pretty much the only reliable place that accepts international cards. Who do I have to run up there and slap?

mainly in Latin America. I don't even know if the thing has been announce for someday on this part of the world.

Not necessarily true. This may be a case where they utilize exclusive retailers until they produce enough to meet demand.

Maybe. The fact that Target puts a hold for $65 on my bank account every two weeks makes me think otherwise though. They seem to be trying to weed out folks who don't have the funds, so they can cancel as many pre-orders as possible, since they probably overshot their estimates.

Yeah, I had this on preorder w/ Target here in the U.S....but I had to update my credit card info, and that's apparently a no-go with them. After having a $65 hold on my account off and on for months, they just up and cancelled the thing. This happened literally minutes after my girlfriend spent 45 minutes on the phone with them to confirm that changing the card would not be a problem (I had to as my bank are requiring all debit cards to be chipped now).

Target and their customer service are some of the worst in the business. I won't be preordering with them ever again.

Yeah, I had this on preorder w/ Target here in the U.S....but I had to update my credit card info, and that's apparently a no-go with them. After having a $65 hold on my account off and on for months, they just up and cancelled the thing. Even after my girlfriend called to confirm that it would not be a problem.

Target and their customer service are some of the worst in the business. I won't be preordering with them ever again.

Trying working for the company and having to deal with them and an angry customer. It's the absolute worst. Their customer service is disgraceful.

Trying working for the company and having to deal with them and an angry customer. It's the absolute worst. Their customer service is disgraceful.

I was shocked that there was no apparent means to change the payment method for a preorder. I feel for some of the workers that have to deal with the corporate BS (I've spent some time in retail, myself), but the customer service agent was particularly dense according to my girlfriend. After putting her on hold for 5 minutes to check into the matter, the agent comes back on the line and says, "Ok, I can go ahead and cancel your preorder for you!" After it was explained (again) that we definitely did not want it cancelled, my gf spoke to the next level of support. She was assured that since we updated the card number under our account info, everything would be fine. Well, that was not true at all. She called back again after getting the cancellation email and was basically told that there was nothing they could do. Where did our preorder go? Just disappeared into the mist?

Anyway, looks like I'm camping out for this thing. I sure hope there is ample supply and other online orders go up. One would think, since Nintendo don't exactly have a ton of product to push this holiday.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
If I was feeling particularly jackassey I would make a Case for Nintendo Classic Mini Now Available for Pre-Order thread, but I thought better of it.

tumblr_of0o50qg831qzp9weo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_of0o50qg831qzp9weo3_1280.jpg

https://amzn.com/B01LYFRCWF

rackham

Banned
I plan on buying two. One for me and one for my five year old nephew. Tv and cord situation is gonna be a bitch but should work out. I'm sure I have a small PC monitor with an hdmi input somewhere

AdanVC

No preorders up yet? SiiGGGHH. Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

If this thing is going to be an absolute pain to get just like the amiibo craze last year, with shortages, scalpers and stuff, then will not bother on buying one of this.

My Target preorder got cancelled because my credit card on file had not been updated in time after it expired. I have a pain in my heart now.

Is Nintendo going to open the hotline back up for when I get stuck in Zelda?

You can always look the walkthrough up in the current issue of Nintendo Power.

They should release a special issue to make this perfect.

Realistically, they probably want to sell people this hardcover guide that launches the same day as the microconsole (only contains full walkthoughs for Super Mario Bros. 3, Donkey Kong, and The Legend of Zelda though).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/074401767X/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Realistically, they probably want to sell people this hardcover guide that launches the same day as the microconsole (only contains full walkthoughs for Super Mario Bros. 3, Donkey Kong, and The Legend of Zelda though).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/074401767X/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Off topic but I wish Nintendo would do an artbook for the Mario series like they did with Zelda. I was looking through the little artbook that came with the Mario All-Stars Anniversary for Wii and thought it would be great to have a full sized book.

maxcriden

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I'm hoping we all don't have anything to worry about. I expect this to be stacked up in Walmarts and such all over....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom