• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.12.5 - Dec. 5th, 6AM EST (JP), 12 PM EST (NA), 5PM GMT

Juken

fire emblem date and free kasumi redeemed it for me...

but it looks like Nintendo failed to prevent a post launch drought

HyperHip

Basically nothing noteworthy coming to Wii U, way to early to be collecting dust. Can't wait for Fire Emblem though, 2/4 will be splendid!

Hiltz

No announcement on Animal Crossing, really surprised we saw nothing on TVii either...

Yeah that was a bit surprising. We're supposed to get NintendoTVii this month, but perhaps Nintendo plans to do another Direct video specifically for it. I thought Animal Crossing was planned for Q2 2013 overseas so not surprised by its absence. *Sigh* It probably looks like Wonderful 101 will get pushed to Q2 with Pikmin 3. I'd be fine with Rayman Legends and MH3UHD to hold me over until then.

Kunan

1. Where's my hard release date for Lego City Stories? I figured Pikmin was later, but how can Lego be not firm when there's already tv advertisements for it?
2. Where's the update on DLC? All DLC on the eShop says December. They're running out of days to announce its availability.
3. Kind of surprised there was no TVii mention.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I expected no announcements from this, but to put shit into perspective.

The Wonderful 101 - Developed by Platinum, partnered with Nintendo
Pikmin 3 - Internally developed at Nintendo
Lego City Undercover - Developed by TT Fusion, partnered with Nintendo
Game & Wario - Developed by Intelligent Systems, subsidiary of Nintendo
Wii Fit U - Developed internally at Nintendo
Sing Party - Developed by FreeStyleGames, partnered with Nintendo, and effectively finished
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Developed by Intelligent Systems, subsidiary of Nintendo, effectively finished sans language localisation
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - Developed by Next Level Games, partnered with Nintendo
Animal Crossing: New Lea - Developed internally at Nintendo, effectively finished sans language localisation
Brain Age: Concentration Training - Developed internally at Nintendo, effectively finished sans language localisation

This is the current line-up of software for the Wii U and 3DS for Q1/Q2. I know Nintendo likes to shit on their software these days, but I'm expecting an onslaught of new shit at E3. Like, fucking tons. Because they've basically got massive holes at this point.

Pharros

Everyone should really fill out the questionnaire "Please tell us how you feel about Nintendo Direct." It seems Nintendo do take those into consideration. Especially if you are displeased.

Koodo

Banned
No announcement on Animal Crossing, really surprised we saw nothing on TVii either...
Q2 in EU at least. Nintendo likes to announce "Q2" release dates.
ib13Bld8fYuYCh.gif

Nintendo is testing every inch of my patience.

Game & Wario - Developed by Intelligent Systems, subsdary of Nintendo
Sing Party - Developed by FreeStyleGames, partnered with Nintendo, and effectively finished
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Developed by Intelligent Systems, subsidary of Nintendo, effectively finished sans language localisation
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - Developed by Next Level Games, partnered with Nintendo
Animal Crossing: New Lea - Developed internally at Nintendo, effectively finished sans language localisation
Brain Age: Concentration Training - Developed internally at Nintendo, effectively finished sans language localisation

This is the current line-up of software for the Wii U and 3DS for Q1/Q2. I know Nintendo likes to shit on their software these days, but I'm expecting an onslaught of new shit at E3. Like, fucking tons. Because they've basically got massive holes at this point.

101 feels like it could be shifting out of there :/

stuminus3

I enjoyed how the new Brain Age seems to be about how smartphones are the root of all evil.

I don't understand why third parties aren't prepared for the inevitable Nintendo launch window drought. Ubisoft are always so hot to get something out there at launch, you think there'd be value in having the months afterwards be so open for content-hungry system owners.

Kunan

Pretty much. Only a small segment of the internal development studios are being represented right now. There have been droughts for a few years now and even big games like 3D Land were partnered with Brownie brown. It amazes me how long all of their biggest studios have kept quiet.

Game & Wario - Developed by Intelligent Systems, subsidiary of Nintendo
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Developed by Intelligent Systems, subsidiary of Nintendo, effectively finished sans language localisation

At this point I can't see myself picking a WiiU up until after E3. I've always said TW101 was the release that would get me to throw the money down.

Everyone should really fill out the questionnaire "Please tell us how you feel about Nintendo Direct." It seems Nintendo do take those into consideration. Especially if you are displeased.

"What game/news are you most excited about" sounds like a great place to voice displeasure. That's the only place given to offer an actual opinion, other than a radio button.

I'm pretty sure I could learn Japanese, translate the game myself, and localize it for NA before Nintendo does at this point.

Velcro Fly

So what did EU have in terms of 3DS? I thought it was already confirmed that Monster Hunter would be out in March. Still have LM2 and AC for "Q2 or Spring" so the lineup is shaping up pretty well if that's true.

AniHawk

maybe we'll hear more about this pikmin 3 game.

Nosgoroth

Tokyo Crash Mobs now, January 17th.

So what did EU have in terms of 3DS? I thought it was already confirmed that Monster Hunter would be out in March. Still have LM2 and AC for "Q2 or Spring" so the lineup is shaping up pretty well if that's true.

We're still going.

Top Bottom