• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

thank you satoru shibeta

ibo4q6jUP3OTzW.png

wow Europe XD

L~A

SMT IV for Europe? :(

It's quite likely we'll get some sort of update on that one, it's been a long while since the initial announcement.

Oh, and since EU is also getting a Direct, it MAY be a Global Direct... All Aboard the Hype Train!

rgkZuq5.gif

AniHawk

for the american direct:

bravely default launch details
yoshi's new island launch details
final mario party 3d recap
final albw recap
updates to pokemon, animal crossing
maybe an update to that kirby game that's way off in the distance

i think that'll be about it. january will be the next huge surprise fest. that's when they'll start talking about bayonetta 2, dkc tf, mario kart 8, x, and probably show off an early trailer for smt x fe. if they have any announcements for new things, they might do it there (like the third sonic thing). they'll save zelda for e3.

Dang, I'm gonna be at class that time and then gotta study for a midterm...

I suppose it'll make for a nice reward, but I won't be able to see it till maybe five hpurs afterward. D:

Sendou

i think that'll be about it. january will be the next huge surprise fest. that's when they'll start talking about bayonetta 2, dkc tf, mario kart 8, x, and probably show off an early trailer for smt x fe. if they have any announcements for new things, they might do it there (like the third sonic thing). they'll save zelda for e3.

Do they really want to wait until January with that stuff? They have to convince people before holidays that Wii U is indeed the shit.

You apparently missed that this already aired last week. It had a SM3DW and ALBW demo. Absolutely forgettable.

We already knew GameTrailers TV would be hosting a special episode on Nintendo (as is the case every year), but we now have an exact date. The episode will air next Friday – November 15 – 1 AM.
Reggie Fils-Aime will be on hand to provide “a look at Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and more,” according to an official listing on Spike.

http://nintendoeverything.com/gt-tvs-nintendo-donkey-kong-episode-scheduled-for-november-15/

L~A

The EU announcement only mentions a "focus on 3DS games" + Wii U appears on the announcement pic (no, it's not Nintendo just being lazy, they have specific pics for console-specific Directs).

Guess we're really getting some Wii U stuff tomorrow.

Blues1990

Why? They're good games and it's free money for all involved parties. Plus they have an interest in promoting a character that's going to be in one of their biggest releases next year (they're probably more interested in promoting Mega Man than Capcom, sadly).

It's because the company that own said character have no clue with what to do with the franchise anymore.

As you can tell from my avatar, I should be ecstatic to see Classic Mega Man get this much exposure. But I'm immediately reminded that Capcom Japan has yet to prove they are more than capable of handling development of a new Mega Man title (or, rather, they haven't done anything that instills confidence in them, period). In addition, Capcom Japan had reinforced the public perception that Mega Man Classic is incapable to evolve anything relevant to modern gaming. (Sorry, but there's a VAST difference between returning to form & turning back on the advancements that actually worked, which is why I hated Mega Man 9 & 10).

Unless if Capcom has a solid plan of attack, given the current circumstances, I just don’t feel confident that they know what to do & it would be best if they focus their efforts in other areas of interest.

Frodo

Since we will have superior NOE Direct I'm slightly more hyped now.

Don't spend too much time on Zelda, though. I'm on a media blackout.

kuppy

Nice, please let there be some localizations from Japan and maybe even new stuff, for Bravely Default I'm hyped as hell but will continue my blackout.

Conor 419

Banned
So, what's our best case scenario if Nintendo really are stupid enough to make this an all 3DS conference?

+ Monolith Soft 3DS - New IP
+ Intelligent Systems - Advance Wars
+ Monster Games - Fuck knows what

+ Some third party partnership
+ Gears of War 3DS

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Europe in as well? Ok, this is probably going to be WW, expect Japanese Direct being announced in some hours.
...If that's the case, maybe there's something special on Famitsu. Is it a possibility?

AniHawk

Do they really want to wait until January with that stuff? They have to convince people before holidays that Wii U is indeed the shit.

time for that is over. the wii u's spot in the industry's been cemented. they're banking on 3d world with little marketing. either they have something really big planned in 2014 (for 2015), or they're just going to ride out the next couple of years. you can see by black friday sales that retailers aren't even trying to push whatever extra stock they have this year. the best deals are about $20 off existing bundles.

Top Bottom