• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

Katsuragi

Hm, since this appears to be a NA only ND, I wouldn't expect anything big. They are probably going to talk about Layton, Bravely Default, Yoshi's New Island & Kirby. If they were to introduce Miiverse on 3DS, they'd do it in a global Nintendo Direct.

Drago

Okay, games that quality under "announced," "3DS," and "2014," confirmed for North America.

-Bravely Default
-Layton vs Phoenix
-Layton Azran Legacy
-Kirby 3DS
-Sayonara Umihara Kawase (Yumi's Odd Adventure)

That's what I think we're most likely to get details on tomorrow.
Don't forget Yoshi's Island and Mario Golf. Anything else?

Art Style 3DS titles please
Art Style 3DS titles please?

thank u

Ouroboros

I'm going to be realistic and predict:

Bravely Default (possible interview?)
Zelda ALBW
Kirby
Yoshi Island 3DS
and possibly a new game...Metroid maybe?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really hope we hear about that Wii U karaoke game. It's already out in Europe so I guess they might stealth release it.

Maybe the Luigi XL as well?

D-e-f-

Banned
So no EU and JP announcements. Means no "big" news. Unless they just silently drop JP and EU clips onto youtube...

I'm going to be realistic and predict:

Bravely Default (possible interview?)
Zelda ALBW
Kirby
Yoshi Island 3DS
and possibly a new game...Metroid maybe?

100% no.

Maybe sooner http://nintendohds.com than you think ;)

oh wow

Nintendo direct? Little detail and likely nothing new to be announced? There's a gif for that!

love it

Simpsons_-_Hop_in_hype_train.gif

love it
Yoshi's New Island in January pleease! Come on Nintendo!

wonder if the style has changed when first shown it didn't look so hot

Let's be honest, they're just going to say goodbye to the year of luigi.

I can see this happening

Shibata, please :'(

im growing fond of shibata

Nintendo Direct for my birthday? I'll take it!

happy birthday

Not expecting much.

9/10 times Nintendo direct have a surprise

lol

Please give us a Pokemon Event.

maybe that trio legends

javac

There! I sacrificed a Goomba. You happy Shibata? Please awaken and forgive my sins for I need more games. T_T

L~A

Not if it's not global. Japanese Direct always gets announced later but we haven't heard about Europe yet either. I'm thinking they're probably livestreaming this for NA because of Bravely Default. Other regions might get some mini-Directs uploaded if it indeed has stuff like Miiverse. Nothing major is to be expected if it's not globally livestreamed.

Nah, previous Global Directs in the past few months were announced at the same time for all territories, Japan included.

This is probably a "catch up" direct for Bravely Default and stuff.

Signs are pointing to this being a very "meh" ND. It's too bad, because Nintendo could really use some positive press right now, and a new exciting Wii U game announcement and/or Zelda U trailer would do wonders. 3DS is fine, Nintendo; Pokemon will carry it for a while. Wii U is struggling and needs serious love.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'm all set for the end of the year, between Layton, Mario, Zelda and Bravely Default so I'm not that excited for news but it's another ND so no complaints from me

I really want mario party 10 for wii u

love playing Mario party games on wii with my brother so much fun

"don't steal my star please"

lol heres 50 coins boo go forth

shaki123

As a Nintendo fan, this feels like a kick in the teeth. No mention of a WiiU direct or related news is simply painful. I'm sad and tired.

Omikaru

yuros mad they don't have a direct while they get a shinny Bravely Default CE and they get the game first

We still have no word on SMT IV besides the vague announcement earlier this year. No word since. We don't even know who is publishing it (NISA aren't; they'd have said so if they were).

It'd be nice if Nintendo gave us a Direct that talked about that, among other things, since the gap between the US and EU SMT IV release will be far bigger than Bravely Default's the other way around.

Edit: Lol, I write this mini-rant and NOE confirms they're doing one. Okay.

As a Nintendo fan, this feels like a kick in the teeth. No mention of a WiiU direct or related news is simply painful. I'm sad and tired.

I mean let's be a realistic here. The only games with a chance of coming out in early next year are Mario Kart and Donkey Kong. Although I would like a new trailer for MK

This might make more sense than keeping the farce alive anyway, considering that in the next global Direct with ,,WiiU news'' you'll get nothing but a DK trailer. The console is a lost cause, so it's better you don't even have to get your hopes up for any positive WiiU news this time to begin with lol

edit: oh shit, Shibata incoming :)

So we should probably get a bunch of 3DS dates..but also some Wii U stuff too, right? The picture they posted has the XL and the Wii U on it so...maybe some sort of new game announcement.

inb4 Smash launches Christmas 2013

kunonabi

good it's not on the 14th - that's Senran Kagura day, baby.

hey I'm wondering. Does the site work on the Wii U browser? I know I can just stream it on the eShop after it's done but I wanna watch it live :(

It does. I always watch directs on the browser.

Top Bottom