• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

realistic expectations time

-majora's mask 3d trailer, features additional ten hours of content in which you must use majora's mask.
-dragon quest vii localization announcement
-dragon quest viii 3ds version announced
-war emblem (fire emblem/advance wars crossover to improve sales of the wars series in japan)
-metroid 3ds announced
-super luigi 3d land announced (remixed 3d land levels with the time restrictions of nslu)
-super smash bros. 3ds for q1 release

-one more thing:-
sonic and mario platformer crossover for 3ds and wii u

3570gVC.gif

Sandfox

Off course the direct happens while I'm in class. Given the rumors we heard this would be the direct that announces miiverse for the 3DS but I don't know whether to expect it or not.
I'm hoping for some Pokemon XY news regarding a new event pokemon, or maybe some DLC. There are a lot of open threads (ghost lady, etc.) that I'm still really curious about.

It's probably too soon for this stuff to start coming out, though.
We won't get Pokemon events until we start seeing stuff for next year's movie.
That's not a best-case scenario, that's a complete fantasy scenario. Do NOT expect new game announcements.
I'm expecting at least one new game.

L~A

My expectations for the EU Direct :

- Bravely Default : new trailer
- update on Shin Megami Tensei IV
- update on Mario Party : Island Tour
- update on PLvsAA
- Chibi Robo announcement
- Shin'en stuff (maybe both JR and Fast?)
- Ace Attorney 5 DLC announcement?
- new Super Smash Bros. character (returning character, most likely... we'll know if/when Sakurai retweet NCL's Tweet tomorrow).
- update on Mario Golf?
- update on Pokémon Bank
- hopefully eShop announcement (like the store, not the games)
- Miiverse 3DS (only if there's also a JP presentation)
- Etrian Odyssey Untold trailer
- Umihara Kawase in Europe too?
- Hometown Story
- update on new Kirby game?
- minor Wii U stuff (like indie games maybe, we need maor of them)
- IronFall gameplay video?

And couple of crazies :

- Famicom Tantei Club III on 3DS, written by Shu Takumi
- Mass Effect 4 (3DS eShop exclusive)
- GTA V Wii U port
- Time Travelers localised, only in German and sold only in Spain.

And I'm drawing a blank now.

Just gimme some Wii U love and all will be fine. Come on Nintwndo, don't you see that its about time to show some impressive stuff like an new X trailer?? We've waited far too long...only two short trailers and nothing more for nearly a year?!! I'm getting sick of this...and believe me when I say that I'm a patient guy and that it takes quite some time to get me mad.
but maybe nintendo does the same with the wii u like sony does with the vita...
or me with my second son
deny that it even exists.

Not

Banned
Hey guys, the google search for "nintendo direct japan" yields this as the first link info:

"On November 14, Nintendo 3DS software release "large ensemble! Polygon Iwata will deliver directly to you can see the Internet, the information of the band Brothers P. "

BAND BROTHERS P

????

JoeM86

Weren't we promised a third exclusive Sonic game for the Wii U this year? Or do you think that licensing agreement was Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic and Smash Bros

Anth0ny

called this shit:

I think we're getting a Direct this week on Wednesday. Try to steal some of that thunder away from PS4 launch, and show off the holiday lineup (LBW, 3D World, Wii Sports, Fit, Party).

Also, Zelda
and Sheik
for Smash 4.

I stand by my prediction. New Smash trailer/character and new Mario Kart trailer. Everything else will be boring or just holiday stuff we already know.

Weren't we promised a third exclusive Sonic game for the Wii U this year? Or do you think that licensing agreement was Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic and Smash Bros

1 game was lost world

2 game was Olympics

if sonic in smash bros was third game they would of said

man that 3rd sonic games wonder what it could be

a true Mario & sonic crossover ?

Kouriozan

It's time to announce Fantasy Life : Link!, DraQue VII Remake, an EU release date for SMT IV and maybe a sneak peek at some 2014 release.

daripad

Remember that Reggie tweet about Dragon Quest games?

Yes, they are announcing Dragon Quest for 3DS localization tomorrow. Now, which DQ could we get?

Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland is possible but Dragon Quest 7 would be the most important one.

Let's wait....

Edit: Oh, and Fantasy Life Link confirmation. So basically there will be no japanese Direct because this is just about localizations, right? Good, good! I would like to see one more surprise like Tomodachi Collection

I don't remember it being promised for this year. That'd be a lot of sonic close to each other.

My guess is it'll be either another sonic racing, or Mario and sonic party.

D-e-f-

Banned
Just gimme some Wii U love and all will be fine. Come on Nintwndo, don't you see that its about time to show some impressive stuff like an new X trailer?? We've waited far too long...only two short trailers and nothing more for nearly a year?!! I'm getting sick of this...and believe me when I say that I'm a patient guy and that it takes quite some time to get me mad.
but maybe nintendo does the same with the wii u like sony does with the vita...
or me with my second son
deny that it even exists.

Be happy that they even showed you X this early. You should know by now how NIntendo operates. They've done it this way for the entire last generation. They simply don't show you stuff a lot or at all until it's a few months before release.

I'm expecting at least one new game.

Then do that but don't expect big nostalgia fest/fan favorite games. Anything could happen but expecting those things is always a bad idea.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
4pm GMT? But I finish work at 3:30pm so there's no way I can get back in half an hour and there's no way I'm hanging around the office to watch it.

Guess I'll just have to watch the repeat as soon as I get in.

-majora's mask 3d trailer, features additional ten hours of content in which you must use majora's mask.
-war emblem (fire emblem/advance wars crossover to improve sales of the wars series in japan)
-metroid 3ds announced
-super luigi 3d land announced (remixed 3d land levels with the time restrictions of nslu)
-monolithsoft 3ds game announced: xenogears 2 (co-published by square enix)

I would love this.

Especially the Super Luigi 3D Land, twould be awesome.

Joqu

Remember that Reggie tweet about Dragon Quest games?

Yes, they are announcing Dragon Quest for 3DS localization tomorrow. Now, which DQ could we get?

Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland is possible but Dragon Quest 7 would be the most important one.

b-but rocket slime :(

-metroid 3ds announced
-monolithsoft 3ds game announced: xenogears 2 (co-published by square enix)

dog-slapping-man.gif

Though I would sell a kidney for the Majora's Mask one. And maybe Xenogears 2....I probably wouldn't be left with many organs come to think of it.

Sendou

That was a mistake. Basically Nintendo is publishing 3 exclusive Wii U titles from Sega in Europe (Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic and a third unknown title). They previously falsely claimed that they all were going to be released this year but later confirmed that that is indeed not the case with the third title.

So do we know if Wii U stuff will be shown, or is it just 3DS?

Well it will definitely be focused on 3DS but I don't think anything they have said rules out potential Wii U coverage. In the end nobody can really know. Watch it if you want to know for sure.

kuppy

Don't get my hyped for the Monolith Soft game, already set up high exceptions, damn, Nintendo sure could blow us away tomorrow, let's hope for the best.

LOLDSFAN

Please Miiverse please Miiverse please Miiverse.

That's really all I care about for the 3DS at the moment. Especially since they shut down Swapnotes.

Kater

Banned
I want more info about MH4 localization and the rumored Detective Pikachu game, 3DS Miiverse and Monolith Soft's 3DS title.
And some new game announcements for the Wii U.

Busaiku

Miiverse
Mother collection
Monolith Soft game
Dragon Quest VII and VIII
Bravely Default collector's edition in the US
Ace Attorney Dual Destinies physical release

It's all happening!

Top Bottom