• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

KiTA

year of the slime 2014

DQVII
DQX
Terry's Wonderland
Rocket Slime 2
Monster 2
all localized

Then,
DQXI
DQxFE
DQxPokèmon
DQxFF
DQxMario Kart

Ya know, why the hell HAVEN'T they done a Final Fantasy monster catcher? Seriously, they have enough monster designs, although not as many iconic ones as DQ.

Hell, DQMxFFM would be freaking amazing. Chocoboslimes!

But yeah, my predictions for tomorrow:

Monster Hunter 4 announcement
Perhaps some sort of Dragon Quest bone throwing

Base the MH4 thing on the fact that a December US release date was leaked a few times over, and Capcom has openly discussed MH4 on the English facebook / twitter page. Typically publishers don't bring up topics unless they have good news.

DQ, same thing -- Reggie recently tweeted that he wanted a new DQ game, via the official Nintendo Of America twitter account. That stuff is vetted through Legal, Marketing, et cetera, even if it comes from Reggie -- he wouldn't have got people's hopes up for nothing.

So yeah. Prediction (aka, getting my hopes up):

MH4 surprise Christmas release announcement
Some form of DQ announcement -- DQM, DQ7 being the obvious ones, although the success of FFXIV has renewed DQX's chances in the US.

Piscus

"...for updates on announced #3DS software coming through early 2014."

why must we assume that's ALL they will share?

Pikma

Banned
There won't be any new announcements, I wouldn't hold my breath. Nintendo is incapable of delivering two decent-to-good NDs in one year.
my opinion, I don't know anything

BXK1D4tCMAAe4md.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjVmeKWOsEU

Oooooh

But I believe in special localization announcements

Let me dream

Remember that spanish list?

Yeah, is time for Layton vs PW and Time Travelers.

Sadist

To bring good luck to all Nintendo fans hoping for special announcements.

Given this isn't about the Wii U and there's no JP Direct, I suspect word I heard of Bayonetta getting ported to Wii U may have been smoke, no fire.
Oooooh

But I believe in special localization announcements for 3DS

Let me dream

But that's coming already in 2014

D-e-f-

Banned
I don't expect it to happen, but suddenly I'm quite in the mood for a new Advance Wars game.

If they're already at a stage to show that off then Intelligent Systems should be showered in awards for being the most prolific studio ever. Their output is just insane, especially considering the wide variety of game types they put out.

Since 2011 they made:
Dragon Quest 25th Annniversary Collection (Wii)
Pushmo (3DS eShop)
Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)
Crashmo (3DS eShop)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
Game & Wario (Wii U)
Daigasso Band Brothers P (3DS)

that's insane!

NA48

Neo Member
Realistically, I think it's going to include Zelda, Yoshi's New Island, and Mario Golf 3DS.

Maybe MH4 for the west?

EDIT: Probably Mario Party 3DS too.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I really really hope we get a DQ 7 3DS announcement for the US. I would immediately go out and purchase a 3DS XL in rabid anticipation.

Platy

FLIPNOTE ! FLIPNOTE ! FLIPNOTE !

Duke Nukem Forever Flipnote !

And Yoshi Island =3

Is it too much to ask for the third Sonic Game to be made by sonic team for the 3ds ? =P

GSR

Remember that spanish list?

I always thought that list was full of it, but didn't it come out before Time Travelers' JP release? Even if it was real and they did have plans to bring it over, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they got scuttled after it bombed in Japan.

JavyOO7

I'll repeat myself again. I hope the NA Direct gives their NA consumers the Year of Luigi 3DS XL. If they do, I'll cancel my Zelda 3DS XL bundle immediately.

I mean, to me that would be realistic to expect an announcement like that. But NOA for some strange reason has been off the ball really hard lately. It sucks.

This is when Reggie announces his buyout of Xbox from Nokia, right?

Obviously there won't be much in this direct but I think Nintendo may be holding out in future directs in order to have a stronger line up of announcements for E3.

Hermii

This is when Reggie announces his buyout of Xbox from Nokia, right?

Obviously there won't be much in this direct but I think Nintendo may be holding out in future directs in order to have a stronger line up of announcements for E3.

No way. If last year is any indication Direct is where its at. They won't save announcements for E3.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This better signify a big Wii U Direct soon.

Sometimes I think Nintendo wants it to fail.

georly

realistic expectations time

-majora's mask 3d trailer, features additional ten hours of content in which you must use majora's mask.
-dragon quest vii localization announcement
-dragon quest viii 3ds version announced
-war emblem (fire emblem/advance wars crossover to improve sales of the wars series in japan)
-metroid 3ds announced
-super luigi 3d land announced (remixed 3d land levels with the time restrictions of nslu)
-super smash bros. 3ds for q1 release
-monolithsoft 3ds game announced: xenogears 2 (co-published by square enix)

-one more thing:-
sonic and mario platformer crossover for 3ds and wii u

You forgot Super Mario RPG-2 for 3DS and corresponding Geno Announcement for smash 4.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Possible annoucements (only with verified source)

- Shin'en : "Seriously, anyone should check out the tomorrow #NintendoDirectEU"
I think that a shout-out at Iron Fall.

Nope. I was excited at first and then remembered jett rocket 2 is on it ways so I am sure that's what their tweet was about.

Oh,well....then... hmm...I don't care :D

maybe Mario Kart 8 releases this....no....hmm...maybe they'll have some surpri....hmm...no...

Damn it, Nintendo. Just give me new games, i'll buy them.

wsippel

Banned
I think that a shout-out at Iron Fall.
I actually think it's FAST. They said they didn't want to announce the game until they have something to show (which means they probably have a trailer ready), and they said they want to reveal it at a Direct.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I actually think it's FAST. They said they didn't want to announce the game until they have something to show (which means they probably have a trailer ready), and they said they want to reveal it at a Direct.
But a 3ds one?..

No way. If last year is any indication Direct is where its at. They won't save announcements for E3.

You're right. Direct is definitely a huge success not only for Nintendo but for consumers as well. But last years E3 was light on new announcements. We'll still get big game announcements and reveals in future Directs , but what I meant to say was there probably won't be another direct like January's Wii U direct.

I think it was obvious Nintendo announced so many games in January because they needed to build confidence in the Wii U. Not to mention many games like Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 were announced but not shown until E3.

And others like Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem and Yarn Yoshi have very little revealed about them to this day.

Maybe i'm wrong, (I probably am, lol) but I think Nintendo have enough already announced 2014 games that they can hold off on new announcement for awhile.

Q1 2014? Then that should mean that we'll get some Bravely Default info, possibly even a US date. Hopefully, they'll also have some PLvsAA info too.

Top Bottom