• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

I dream of an ND that will be equal to Jan 2013, though I know it will never be. Still, I live in hope... because I never learn :'). Come oooon Metroid!

Neff

I'm almost most excited about seeing how they address their mobile game bombshell to the general public. The way in which they broach that topic will give some valuable insight into their perception of that particular market.

I'd be very surprised if they mentioned it today.

I get the impression that that stuff is some way off. I also don't think the Directs would be a very good place to talk about software that is being created primarily for promotional purposes.

But of course, they will address it at a down-to-earth, consumer level at some point.

Hatchtag

Banned

I get the impression that that stuff is some way off. I also don't think the Directs would be a very good place to talk about software that is being created primarily for promotional purposes.

But of course, they will address it at a down-to-earth, consumer level at some point.

My personal guess is that they'll have a pre-E3 Nintendo Direct focused on detailing the new account system + mobile games, similar to how they had a pre-E3 Direct detailing Wii U features in 2012.

catmario

the later time means mature content. Along with treehouse gameplay....*checks Itagaki's FB page.....it's his birthday"

Devil's Third time hopefully.

At least, Mature contents on this direct is likely true.
Japanese Direct page says that there will be age restricted contents on this direct.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I am away from home for this, oh god please give me an excuse to get away from my family and watch this.

You got an excuse, buddy: There's a Nintendo Direct!

Makes me glad my parents were already into Nintendo games before I even existed and we play Mario Kart together to this day. I bet they'd be down watching the Direct with me if I still lived at home.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Josh Thomas from TheBitBlock says that there's too many indie developers retweeting this Direct that it causes him some concern that perhaps it will be too indie-centric.

Oh no! Not indie games! /s

DIKzO9c.jpg

This is golden

Josh5890

My personal guess is that they'll have a pre-E3 Nintendo Direct focused on detailing the new account system + mobile games, similar to how they had a pre-E3 Direct detailing Wii U features in 2012.

That Nintendo Direct was more of a "crap we really dropped the ball unveiling the Wii-U" Direct.

rjinaz

It is though! There have been many great jokes from Japan. Capcom even released this which I now wish was real and a Sherlock Hound crossover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TayVCvUCImM

Teto Kasane the famous UTAUloid that everyone thinks is still a Vocaloid was an April fools joke as well.

EDIT: Xenoblade site was updated and put Tatsu everywhere http://xenobladex.jp/

That is one bis Tatsu! Think I'll stick with "on the ground" battles though ><

my expectations for this direct are:
- Smash dlc (mewtwo, tournament, miiverse stage)
- Release date for mario maker, splatoon, and yoshi's woolly world.

I don't think we will see starfox. But it would be cool

I'm hoping Devil's Third looks as improved as the developers have been saying. I'm going to assume it'll be in this direct with the mature warnings and late show time in Europe, but of course it could be a different M rated title (Bayo 2 DLC?)

Him in the bathroom while he squeals and giggles of excitement and hype with every family member questioning what he is doing......SOUNDS FUN, YOU SHOULD TOTALLY DO IT!

LOL

inb4 "Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming to North America and Europe in 2016, please understand" or something to that effect

Josh5890

I'm hoping Devil's Third looks as improved as the developers have been saying. I'm going to assume it'll be in this direct with the mature warnings and late show time in Europe, but of course it could be a different M rated title (Bayo 2 DLC?)

I highly doubt that we will ever see Bayonetta 2 DLC. Devil's Third is a real possibility though.

hatchx

Banned
-Wonderful 101 sequel

Fixed that for you.

....and I'm pretty damn stoked for a Yoshi date, so long as it's not some vague 'summer'. We're gonna know what's coming out in June for WiiU as of tomorrow....and I hope it's not nothing.

I don't get why people think we're getting a release date for Yoshi's Woolly World tomorrow. It's been absent since E3 so I really doubt we're getting it during the summer. We're sure as hell not getting it before Xenoblade X (i'd be shocked if we did). If anything it's probably one of their big fall titles now that Zelda Wii U's been delayed.

Mentok

Banned

Looks about right to me. I don't see them dropping any major surprises this direct.

Him in the bathroom while he squeals and giggles of excitement and hype with every family member questioning what he is doing......SOUNDS FUN, YOU SHOULD TOTALLY DO IT!

*finished watching a disappointing Nintendo Direct while sitting on toilet and family not far away* "Aw fuck! Come on! What is this shit!?"

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why people think we're getting a release date for Yoshi's Woolly World tomorrow. It's been absent since E3 so I really doubt we're getting it during the summer. We're sure as hell not getting it before Xenoblade X (i'd be shocked if we did). If anything it's probably one of their big fall titles now that Zelda Wii U's been delayed.

I expect it because, as of January, it was reported by Nintendo as having a first half of 2015 release date. So unless they announce a delay soon, it should be talked about tomorrow with a potential June date.

Josh5890

I remember reading one of the leaks that there was going to be a special edition with Yoshi Wolley World including a yarn yoshi of some sort. I hope it is true because I would be the greatest boyfriend in the world if I picked it up.

Iwata said their first mobile game will be debuting in 2015. The timing is perfect to address it.

While they have said a lot of their mobile presence will be geared towards driving people to their dedicated systems, Jonny from Radio Free Nintendo (the best damn Nintendo podcast ever created, that I'm sure most of you in this thread would love - they're all GAFfers too!) brought up an excellent point last week that I hadn't considered before: What if Nintendo actually makes WORTHWHILE games in the mobile space?

I'm sure most of us (myself included) have this visceral gut reaction of disgust when someone mentions mobile games. "Goddam casual peasants," I find myself thinking every time I see someone play candy crush on a bus while I'm playing my 3DS. "Your playing of that sloppily designed garbage is like getting herpes from an obese grandma, while my indulgence in Majora's Mask 3D is akin to marrying a mythic manic pixie dream girl."

That's just the conditioning we've gone through due to how poor of quality most mobile games are - but if we think about it logically, phones and tablets can still be USED as a gaming platform, with unique interfaces and specs. They aren't inherently bad... it's just that almost nobody has utilized them for the sake of creating legitimately good experiences. What better company to breach that wall than Nintendo? For all of their boneheaded business decisions, the craftsmanship of their actual software is a glistening affair rivaled by few others. They literally have some of the best teams in the history of our entire 13.2 billion year-old universe when it comes to creating video games... if anyone can make a worthwhile mobile experience, it's Nintendo.

... or they'll go the Pokemon Shuffle route and whore themselves out for ten minutes of lust at the prom.

[*this sexually charged video game post brought to you by "Nintendo Direct Hype Syndrome (NDHS)". If you or a loved one experiences NDHS, call 911 immediately and babble incoherently on the phone about "bombs being dropped" and "bodies are ready". By the time you get out of the psyche ward, Zelda U will be on store shelves and it will have all been worth it]

I wouldn't be surprised, if only because it is one of the games shown in the Amiibo commercials in NA.

I'm hoping for a date for the second mario kart dlc pack.

Iwata said their first mobile game will be debuting in 2015. The timing is perfect to address it.

While they have said a lot of their mobile presence will be geared towards driving people to their dedicated systems, Jonny from Radio Free Nintendo (the best damn Nintendo podcast ever created, that I'm sure most of you in this thread would love - they're all GAFfers too!) brought up an excellent point last week that I hadn't considered before: What if Nintendo actually makes WORTHWHILE games in the mobile space?

I'm sure most of us (myself included) have this visceral gut reaction of disgust when someone mentions mobile games. "Goddam casual peasants," I find myself thinking every time I see someone play candy crush on a bus while I'm playing my 3DS. "Your playing of that sloppily designed garbage is like getting herpes from an obese grandma, while my indulgence in Majora's Mask 3D is akin to marrying a mythic manic pixie dream girl."

That's just the conditioning we've gone through due to how poor of quality most mobile games are - but if we think about it logically, phones and tablets can still be USED as a gaming platform, with unique interfaces and specs. They aren't inherently bad... it's just that almost nobody has utilized them for the sake of creating legitimately good experiences. What better company to breach that wall than Nintendo? For all of their boneheaded business decisions, the craftsmanship of their actual software is a glistening affair rivaled by few others. They literally have some of the best teams in the history of our entire 13.2 billion year-old universe when it comes to creating video games... if anyone can make a worthwhile mobile experience, it's Nintendo.

... or they'll go the Pokemon Shuffle route and whore themselves out for ten minutes of lust at the prom.

[*this sexually charged video game post brought to you by "Nintendo Direct Hype Syndrome (NDHS)". If you or a loved one experiences NDHS, call 911 immediately and babble incoherently on the phone about "bombs being dropped" and "bodies are ready". By the time you get out of the psyche ward, Zelda U will be on store shelves and it will have all been worth it]
It's not happening. As was stated earlier
I'm sure someone's mentioned it by now, but on the Japanese youtube page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ebgO0KU9ZA

&#8251;&#20808;&#26085;&#30330;&#34920;&#12375;&#12383;&#26032;&#12375;&#12356;&#12466;&#12540;&#12512;&#23554;&#29992;&#27231;&#12300;NX&#12301;&#12420;&#12473;&#12510;&#12540;&#12488;&#12501;&#12457;&#12531;&#21521;&#12369;&#12466;&#12540;&#12512;&#12395;&#38306;&#12377;&#12427;&#26032;&#24773;&#22577;­&#12399;&#21547;&#12414;&#12428;&#12390;&#12362;&#12426;&#12414;&#12379;&#12435;&#12290;
*New information regarding the new game console announced a few days ago, the 'NX' and games built for smart phones will not be included.

&#8251;&#32057;&#20171;&#12373;&#12428;&#12427;&#12477;&#12501;&#12488;&#12395;&#12399;&#12289;&#24180;&#40802;&#21046;&#38480;&#12364;&#12354;&#12427;&#12418;&#12398;&#12364;&#21547;&#12414;&#12428;&#12427;&#22580;&#21512;&#12364;&#12354;&#12426;&#12414;&#12377;&#12290;
*There may be software introduced that have age restrictions.

So... In case anyone was holding out for that. Not happening. (The other things had to do with things like, the presentation is previously recorded, we apologize in advance if the stream goes down during the broadcast)

Jigolo

New smash patch that adds Tourneys online, fixes bugs, and minor balancing to the roster

+

Mewtwo

=

Amazing Direct

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Opening: Iwata apologizes for the Zelda delay with many back-breaking bows, screen fades to black. Story trailer plays for Xenoblade X, and an NA/EU Fall 2015 for XenoBlade X is announced. Both the digital and retail versions include exclusive access to a Zelda WiiU demo. Iwata thanks the audience for their patience regarding the Zelda WiiU delay, and hopes the demo alongside XenoBlade X tides us over until more information can be given for Zelda WiiU. Iwata takes another back-breaking bow, and sends the Direct over to Reggie and Trinen for more information on some upcoming games.

That's my off the wall prediction.

Opening: Iwata apologizes for the Zelda delay with many back-breaking bows, screen fades to black. Story trailer plays for Xenoblade X, and a NA/EU Fall 2015 for XenoBlade X is announced. Both the digital and retail versions include exclusive access to a Zelda WiiU demo. Iwata thanks the audience for their patience regarding the Zelda WiiU delay, and hopes the demo alongside XenoBlade X tides us over until more information can be given for Zelda WiiU. Iwata takes another back-breaking bow, and sends the Direct over to Reggie and Trinen for more information on some upcoming games.

So does Japan not get the zelda u demo in this insane scenario?

SalvaPot

New smash patch that adds Tourneys online, fixes bugs, and minor balancing to the roster

+

Mewtwo

=

Amazing Direct

Every character gets nerfed except Diddy

There will be a mess in the floor if Mother 3 gets localized.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So does Japan not get the zelda u demo in this insane scenario?

Of course. The Zelda WiiU demo is announced at the end of the Japan Direct as a standalone E-shop release for Fall 2015. Both America and Europe continue to be shafted by Nintendo in some form or fashion, and all is right in the world. :)

Of course. The Zelda WiiU demo is announced at the end of the Japan Direct as a standalone E-shop release for Fall 2015. America and Europe continue to be shafted by Nintendo in some form or fashion, and all is right in the world. :)

I mean, I'd be ecstatic if this happened (except for X being holiday instead of early fall/late summer), but I don't see it happening.

Astral Dog

Opening: Iwata apologizes for the Zelda delay with many back-breaking bows, screen fades to black. Story trailer plays for Xenoblade X, and an NA/EU Fall 2015 for XenoBlade X is announced. Both the digital and retail versions include exclusive access to a Zelda WiiU demo. Iwata thanks the audience for their patience regarding the Zelda WiiU delay, and hopes the demo alongside XenoBlade X tides us over until more information can be given for Zelda WiiU. Iwata takes another back-breaking bow, and sends the Direct over to Reggie and Trinen for more information on some upcoming games.

wow, that definetly would be a way to sell Xenoblade X, if it was meaty demo, instead of being overshadowed by Zelda U

Top Bottom