• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

-Horizon-

I'm okay with that, specially if its Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. Metroid Prime Trilogy in HD would be amazing as well.
I think the most likely of the bunch will be TP.

There always is. I'll put $1 on Metroid
A new Metroid would be amazing. Bring it back nintendo, help me forget Other M ever happened.

Another Bingo board by yours truly...

5svVhdM.jpg
Not sure there is a good reaction gif even for this lol

Here's my list of, less and more, outlandish predictions. I'm pretty sure none will materialize.
  • N3DS eShop featuring selected DS retail games, before GBA and SNES, or Wii U getting anything new.
  • Wii or DSi storefront getting closed, effective before end of this year. Optionally, some of Wii titles could migrate to Wii U eShop. (The prediction isn't really that outlandish by itself, but announcement has to appear in the Direct.)
  • A Mii amiibo series, either delivered in pieces or for a premium payment. Anyway more expensive than regular 13€, but customizable.
  • A Wii U game physical release shipping on a pendrive, optionally in a 3DS-sized case. Designed with Lock On Technology in mind, or too big. Bonus points if it ships with a disc containg update that allows Wii U to detect a pendrive game, or requires offline users to simulate an Ethernet adapter with the pendrive to perform that update, making the whole situation confusing to everybody involved.
  • A (N)3DS accessory that for whatever reason is put into the cartridge slot. Extreme bonus points if it converts a 3DS into an optionally digital-only N3DS.
  • Future Skylanders/Disney Infinity, due to revolutionary support from Nintendo, don't need their own NFC dongles now. (See Wii shop closure.)
  • Sudden DLC for a pre-2014 Wii U title. Bonus points if it simply contains an older game. (NSMBWii in NSMBU, or Pikmin 1/2 in Pikmin 3, or... something)
  • An (N)3DS not-a-port F-Zero, because. Bonus points if it's primary project of Retro studios.
  • Pikmin for N3DS. Features a significantly different gameplay style to facilitate the controls.
  • A not-yet-precedented, not-yet announced crossover that doesn't feature Mario (the character).
  • Nintendo replacing TVii icon on EU systems with an app that orders you sushi, or ice cream. Actually, Nintendo removing this annoying icon, no matter the details.
  • A mainline Pokemon game by Intelligent Systems. "We drew up a cover without a Game Freak logo and we liked it."
  • A special N3DS cover plate that does something. (recharges the battery with solar panels, keeps your cartridges, levitates... whatever.)
  • A new highly limited Wii U model launching in blue, since the very first/second shipment of Wii Us was just sold, and they didn't want to waste much cash doing the limited shipment, but still wanted to ship something to celebrate, so they printed the shells on a 3D printer, having blue material handy. Features some extra features that everybody wants for some reason.
  • A Metroid game that isn't story focused and isn't a Metroidvania, to make everyone annoyed.
  • Top Indie Amiibo series. Uses determined by indies themselves, with the only example shown being Shovel Knight importing a fight.

Neff

Josh Thomas from TheBitBlock says that there's too many indie developers retweeting this Direct that it causes him some concern that perhaps it will be too indie-centric.

MS, Sony and Nintendo all know we want that stuff conveniently flick-booked via a stroboscopic show reel which is over in merciful seconds, I wouldn't worry.

Josh Thomas from TheBitBlock says that there's too many indie developers retweeting this Direct that it causes him some concern that perhaps it will be too indie-centric.

I'm not sure why he's concerned. A few indies will likely be given the spotlight and the rest will show up in a sizzle reel. Just like a bunch of past Nintendo Directs.

Runbow looks cool as hell, by the way. That game deserves some attention.

Josh5890

Well, I'm excited about potential Virtual Console news but I don't want to touch it because I have a feeling that Nintendo is going to get Virtual Console right with its next console. I spent over $300 on the Wii Virtual Console but outside of Earthbound and the .30 cent games my Wii-U is barren. I'm willing to re buy everything on the the next system if it is cross-buy or has a seamless transfer, but I don't want to purchase these games three different times. I love the idea of the virtual console but I want it to be done right once and for all.

Ashodin

scuse me? You want me to fail? :p

Having visibility on this level, if even only for a few seconds, will be HUGE for indies.

So, how many April Fools jokes are you guys expecting?
Depends on definition of a joke. They could go with loads of Smash-style "trolling" trailers (I don't see why people found those trolling to be honest), or with a bunch of non-game jokes (like Nintendo of America becoming a pizza company, or Reggie visiting Barack Obama for breakfast), or with outlandish but basically true game announcements. But I don't see them pulling off more than one straight fake announcement, and even that's quite reaching.

Nintendo-GAF! My favorite people in all of the Internet -- is it too late to board the hype train??

Recently got home after a grueling day at work, but I'm taking tomorrow off just for the direct. Fuck the man - I got me some new Splatoon footage to watch!

Attack on Titan, Etrian Mystery Dungeon and Devil Survivor 2 RB are likely to show up.

Teasing the soon to be released games (Xenoblade 3D, Splatoon & PADZ+Mario, etc), Mewtwo DLC, some other 3rd party games (along with the Atlus stuff), and Mario Kart DLC also feel likely. Same goes for some of the bigger Wii U games in the pipeline.

Hopefully we hear about Yokai Watch.

Kriken

Could just be a simple 2 minute highlight reel of multiple indie games

Top Bottom