• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Animal Crossing wii u with amiibo support, including card based amiibos for it... This holiday season

exfatal

I hope nintendo discusses what's going to replace club nintendo codes and what not. Also splatoon and xenoblade release date would be nice along with trailer for devils 3rd

I want them to announce new things tomorrow like everyone else, but I have to admit I would laugh pretty damn hard if it was a 10 second direct with Iwata or Reggie appearing briefly on the screen saying April Fools then walking off.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I mean, I'd be ecstatic if this happened (except for X being holiday instead of early fall/late summer), but I don't see it happening.

Yeah me either. I was just thinking of when Windwaker recieved a demo for GCN alongside the Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, that was amazing.

If a public Zelda WiiU demo was to ever happen, I figure it would be used to promote or increase the sales of something. So what Square Enix did with Type-O and the FFXV demo immediately came to mind. But instead of a bundle, maybe it could be given as incentive for signing up to Nintendo's new reward/membership program that's replacing Club Nintendo? That would be pretty awesome.

As you can probably tell, I'm still pretty beat up about the Zelda delay...

Josh5890

Yeah me either. I was just thinking of when Windwaker recieved a demo for GCN alongside the Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, that was pretty amazing.

If a public Zelda WiiU demo was to ever happen, I figure it would be used to promote or increase the sales of something. Maybe it could be given as incentive for signing up to Nintendo's new reward/membership program that's replacing Club Nintendo! That would be pretty awesome.

If only....

Normally I would brush off any talk of Nintendo demos but after Smash 3DS and Pokemon last year I won't 100% deny the possibility.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sources have confirmed to me that Nintendo will announce being acquired by SEGA.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Normally I would brush off any talk of Nintendo demos but after Smash 3DS and Pokemon last year I won't 100% deny the possibility.

chance-there-is.gif

Neff

Jonny from Radio Free Nintendo (the best damn Nintendo podcast ever created, that I'm sure most of you in this thread would love - they're all GAFfers too!) brought up an excellent point last week that I hadn't considered before: What if Nintendo actually makes WORTHWHILE games in the mobile space?

The Nintendo mobile games won't be the kind of cynical, shovel-y crap most mobile games are, far from it. They'll create something fun, addictive, polished, and offering good value for money in return for the asking price. And there's a chance they'll profit from mobile sales viewed in isolation if the games take off.

But there's little doubt that the real reason they're making mobile games is to steer customers towards their premium market, where they rake in the vast majority of the profit it generates, from both hardware and software, including 3rd party licensing. That's the kind of thing they're always going to put a spotlight on with Directs and so forth. There's also the likelihood that their mobile games are going to tie into the planned universal accounts for advertising/buying Wii U/3DS titles, and such accounts won't be ready for a while yet.

It's a balance they're going to have to get right, but like I said, I'd be surprised if they were going all-in by drawing attention to mobile this early.

Kyzer

Banned
Japan Direct: Zelda will be released January 2016, SMTxFE for the holidays, and Sakurais new project built around amiibos, JP exclusive

NA Direct: Zelda canceled Xenoblade delayed no mention of SMT x FE and the only reward to ever exist in any future Nintendo loyalty program is announced: SMB for NES digital

Japan Direct: Zelda will be released January 2016, SMTxFE for the holidays, and Sakurais new project built around amiibos, JP exclusive

NA Direct: Zelda canceled Xenoblade delayed no mention of SMT x FE and the only reward to ever exist in any future Nintendo loyalty program is announced: SMB for NES digital

Just out of curiosity, what about Europe? <:p

novacav

In all seriousness, anyone think Nintendo might announce Zero Escape 3? The teaser site has been going crazy today, tweets from the writer, etc.

They stepped in and saved Bayo 2, a VN would be pennies to fund in comparison. And a guaranteed cult hit in the west/coveted exclusive.

Plus, Nintendo included VLR in its tweet about top Metacritic games, slightly odd given that it's also on Vita. But maybe the third game won't be?

Rampant speculation, I know. Carry on.

rhandino

Banned
In all seriousness, anyone think Nintendo might announce Zero Escape 3? The teaser site has been going crazy today, tweets from the writer, etc.

They stepped in and saved Bayo 2, a VN would be pennies to fund in comparison. And a guaranteed cult hit in the west/coveted exclusive.

Plus, Nintendo included VLR in its tweet about top Metacritic games, slightly odd given that it's also on Vita. But maybe the third game won't be?

Rampant speculation, I know. Carry on.

Je, the thirst for a new Zero Escape is real.

hzgfimX.gif

Maybe I need to find some time and play my sealed copies T_T

EU Direct: NoE announce they will personally localize JP exclusive Sakurai game and they have some crazy CE version. But for some reason its 40hz refresh rate

In the first frame, you get new pictures for both left and right eyes. In the second frame, you only get one for the left eye, and in the third one, only for the right one. We had to introduce this solution to allow the game to render realistic Russian synthetized singing acting on the graphics adapter. You can improve the frame rate by proving the game you don't, never will, and will never need to know Russian. The test takes around an hour. Please understand.

Blues1990

I hate that my workplace blocked YouTube a month ago, assholes. First Direct I'll miss D:

Can you use a YouTube Proxy? It was a work around I had used until our studio then decided they couldn't win. There is also Twitch TV.

Anyway, I'm super-excited to see what this Direct has in-store for us all. I would like to see some details for the second DLC Pack for Mario Kart 8.

Scoops

Banned
NA WiiU predictions:

Zelda - please understand
Splatoon - release date 5/29, amiibos detailed, new trailer
Devil's Third - new trailer, "Fall 2015"
Yoshi Wooly World - new trailer, release date 6/26
Xenoblade Chronicles X - online detailed, "Holiday 2015"
Mario Maker - new details, August 2015 release
Indies Sizzle Reel (includes Neo Fast Racing or whatever it's called)
First actual SMTxFE trailer, release "2016"
Star Fox - being co-developed with Treasure, Holiday 2015
Mario Kart DLC Pack 2 detailed - release 5/12
Mewtwo DLC - trailer, late April release
One brand new game announcement for this holiday - Either Animal Crossing or Paper Mario. For now it'll be a "working title" and we only get a teaser

The treehouse after will be Splatoon

I think at E3 is where we'll get Metroid by Retro, whichever of Animal Crossing or Paper Mario we don't get revealed here for 2016, something from Next Level Games and some QOL news.

Edit - and Project Treasure at E3

NA WiiU predictions:

Zelda - please understand
Splatoon - release date 5/29, amiibos detailed, new trailer
Devil's Third - new trailer, "Fall 2015"
Yoshi Wooly World - new trailer, release date 6/26
Xenoblade Chronicles X - online detailed, "Holiday 2015"
Mario Maker - new details, August 2015 release
Indies Sizzle Reel (includes Neo Fast Racing or whatever it's called)
First actual SMTxFE trailer, release "2016"
Star Fox - being co-developed with Treasure, Holiday 2015
Mario Kart DLC Pack 2 detailed - release 5/12
Mewtwo DLC - trailer, late April release
One brand new game announcement for this holiday - Either Animal Crossing or Paper Mario. For now it'll be a "working title" and we only get a teaser

The treehouse after will be Splatoon

I think at E3 is where we'll get Metroid by Retro, whichever of Animal Crossing or Paper Mario we don't get revealed here for 2016, something from Next Level Games and some QOL news.
QOL will probably never be featured in any sort of gaming nintendo direct. Why do people keep forgetting QOL isn't supposed to be a video game thing

Top Bottom