• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Birdo has been a playable character in past installments in the series, and it seems sad that he/she is regulated to a cameo on an in-game billboard.

I like how you think, man.

It kind of happened with Rockman: Battle and Chase. If Nintendo uses the SSB design of Mega Man & have the Rush Roadster as his main vehicle, along with the City Circuit from RB&C as his home stage and a remix of Rock's theme from that game, I'll be over the moon with this.

Besides, we now have a yellow puppy, a midget, and a fairy as being the first non-Mario characters in a Mario Kart game, and given how Capcom and Nintendo have been rubbing shoulders lately, this doesn't seem like a far fetched idea.

I played that Mega Man racing game, I liked it back in the day.

RoySFNR

If I recall, Birdo was playable in both Double Dash & MKWii.

Turbobirdo.jpg

Best car in Double Dash, never forget.

It was also indeed playable in MKWii

ciD_Vain

All i really want:

-Small amount of Zelda details or footage as an extended apology
-MK8 DLC
-XCX
-Splatoon
-Fire Emblem IF

Anything else will be extra goodness!

Oersted

Yes, yes, the old "indies are real games too" chestnut. I'm not saying they aren't. The thing is, indies can show off what they want at any time. Nintendo tends to save their cool announcements for things like this. So when the indie sizzle reel rolls around during a Direct, it's no shocker that people would rather see something else.

They can show off any time, yes. But Nintendo can, just like Sony and Microsoft, offer them a bigger stage. Just like they do with other games.

And no, not indie games are real games too. Games are games. A broken Battlefield, a new Gunman Clive, a Wii Music or Minecraft. All games. I just want great games. Call me old fashioned.

Hatchtag

Banned
I honestly get what you're saying, and I can see that for you is a great value. But it's not free. That's a fact. And not really arguable.

And I never said they were free. I said they were free with PS+/XBL gold.
If we want to get really technical, thanks to various promotions I've gotten like 18 months of XBL for free. I've only paid for one month of XBL the entire time I've had an Xbox One.

Gartooth

I give up on the thought of more Smash DLC beyond what has been said if we don't hear at least a "we plan on doing more in the coming months" announcement tomorrow.

Parham

Banned
I wish there was even a kernel of truth in those fake leaks. We're over two years into the Wii U's life and we still haven't heard anything concrete about their plans for N64 VC games, outside of just playing them in Wii mode.

EulaCapra

I pray a chunk of time will be spent on Nintendo's Quality of Life products. Iwata/Miyamoto/Reggie go on to discuss a revolutionary new product that was designed to accommodate returning and new players alike.

And I bet it's a motherfucking hula hoop.

alf717

Man if DQ VII get localized that would be great. Maybe they will announce the successor program to Club Nintendo.

jmizzal

DLC Pack 3: Wolf Tears it Up! is releasing on July 8th. It will contain Wolf, a stage based on Zoness, 50 new custom parts, and a new menu style. If you preorder this DLC pack, you will get an exclusive Xenvious trophy for both Wii U and 3DS, and Wolf will download automatically on July 8th. This DLC pack is launching alongside Star Fox for Wii U on July 8th; preorders for this DLC pack will be available from June 10th to July 24th. - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-...re-coming-to-super-smash-bros-as#.VRtzNUfF-Sq

Lol Star Fox out July 8th OK

15 mins for QOL
14 mins for Indies
1 min sizzle real of mario kart 8 dlc and splatoon
No mention of smash or mewtwo,

My predictions.

Nanashrew

Banned
DLC Pack 3: Wolf Tears it Up! is releasing on July 8th. It will contain Wolf, a stage based on Zoness, 50 new custom parts, and a new menu style. If you preorder this DLC pack, you will get an exclusive Xenvious trophy for both Wii U and 3DS, and Wolf will download automatically on July 8th. This DLC pack is launching alongside Star Fox for Wii U on July 8th; preorders for this DLC pack will be available from June 10th to July 24th. - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-...re-coming-to-super-smash-bros-as#.VRtzNUfF-Sq

Make it July 4th. The American flag will be put on the boxart for Star Fox U. FOR FREEDOM!

Oersted

I pray a chunk of time will be spent on Nintendo's Quality of Life products. Iwata/Miyamoto/Reggie go on to discuss a revolutionary new product that was designed to accommodate returning and new players alike.

And I bet it's a motherfucking hula hoop.

We know it will be a sleep monitoring device, so where the friggin hell is your bet coming from?

Miyamoto said last E3 it would take about a year to complete Star Fox Wii U where it was at in development. I wouldn't necessarily rule it out based on that.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Yes, yes, the old "indies are real games too" chestnut. I'm not saying they aren't. The thing is, indies can show off what they want at any time. Nintendo tends to save their cool announcements for things like this. So when the indie sizzle reel rolls around during a Direct, it's no shocker that people would rather see something else.

I think Nintendo fans have to understand this though...not having those indies doesn't mean you are going to see more Nintendo games for the Wii U.

Some people need to realize that Nintendo having indie games in the Direct is not going to make anything else not appear. If the indie games weren't in the Direct, Nintendo wouldn't be showing a new game anyways. Directs can be any length, so Nintendo will show what they want to show.

I wish they would announce Holobunnies on Wii U and 3DS - we aren't even planning on doing the port so that would be a huge surprise :'D

Also totally calling fake on this Smash DLC thingy. And I hope I still can get in the HYPE TRAIN. Because I'm so HYPED

Top Bottom