• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Velcro Fly

It's mostly the potential though.

If a direct is 35 minutes long and packed from beginning to end with cool new announcements and details about games we already know about, people will love that throughout.

But if there's a 10 minute segment about indy games, the hype dies a little bit. The fun part of these is that no one knows exactly what will be shown until it happens and that the hype will never match what we actually see.

In all seriousness, anyone think Nintendo might announce Zero Escape 3? The teaser site has been going crazy today, tweets from the writer, etc.

They stepped in and saved Bayo 2, a VN would be pennies to fund in comparison. And a guaranteed cult hit in the west/coveted exclusive.

Plus, Nintendo included VLR in its tweet about top Metacritic games, slightly odd given that it's also on Vita. But maybe the third game won't be?

Rampant speculation, I know. Carry on.
Huh, didn't think about Nintendo saving that. Its certainly possible. I have both systems so as long as it gets made I don't care where it ends up. So I'd be glad if Nintendo saved it.
As long as they don't allow any glitches this time. I was so close to my activity log saying "average playtime: 35 hours but it had to freeze twice. T_T

As for my predictions: Not much to say. Besides Pokemon, Nintendo never focuses on their 3DS Holiday title at E3 Direct so I honesly expect that to be here, which could be huge. Unless its Pokemon again lol. I really hope not. The yearly entries need to stop. Its killed the post game.

I'll also say no Fire Emblem this year outside Japan. I feel February is usually the big 3DS RPG month. If they launch it in Holidays in NA/EU it'll be DOA.

Edit:

fuck indies, 90% of them can be bought cheaply on PC or in a bundle

#truthfact
Indies are better than 90% of other games, so no. I want an all Indie Direct someday. :)

NateDrake

uBUKFjY.gif

Camjo-Z

Some people need to realize that Nintendo having indie games in the Direct is not going to make anything else not appear.

I think Nintendo fans have to understand this though...not having those indies doesn't mean you are going to see more Nintendo games for the Wii U.

Shucks, and here I was thinking that those indie games were taking up the time originally meant for F-Zero 3DS! Thanks for setting me straight.

5 minutes spent on indie stuff is still 5 minutes that could have been skipped in favor of stuff I actually came to see.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Rumors way too good to be true.

Unified eShop where you can pLay bought gAmes on either 3DS or wiiu? Haha. Nintendo doing something that actually makes sense... right

Shucks, and here I was thinking that those indie games were taking up the time originally meant for F-Zero 3DS! Thanks for setting me straight.

5 minutes spent on indie stuff is still 5 minutes that could have been skipped in favor of stuff I actually came to see.

Yeah pretty much this. I would rather have those five minutes to myself than watch a sizzle reel for the latest round of loot-driven pixel-art Metroidvania games in the middle of stuff I actually want to see. Nobody is tuning in to a Nintendo Direct to see trailers for indies.

I WILL watch five minutes of Shovel Knight 2, though.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I suppose the free release of a Codename S.T.E.A.M. character would be clever, what with the game not getting a Japanese release until ...soon?

I doubt it, mind you, but it would be a clever way to increase interest. John Henry...

Darryl

Banned

the hit rate for indie games is so low for me. i'm done with the frontier work. i can't bring myself to be irrationally excited for unknown pedigrees anymore.

Some indies are as good(if not better) than large development team games nowadays.

However, if there was an all Indie Direct, I bet this thread would be two pages tops :[

Top Bottom