• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Greenzxy

When will Nintendo let Retro finally do their own thing? I think about time, It's been more than 13 years. They should've started like a decade ago.

Not

Banned
Been waiting for this. Weird how it's at 3 PM though. I like waking up early for these.

No idea what to expect since no Zelda and Star Fox and
DKC3
are most likely E3 games

Blues1990

I think this is it.

I mean, seems like they intentionally left those bookended spaces on the menu.

I honestly want to see these guys be to be added to the game's roster. A guy can dream, can't he?

511px-MP8_DryBones.png

Sponge

Banned
I don't even know if I trust Retro with a Prime 4. Lots of people who worked on Prime left after 3, hence why Retro started working on Donkey Kong.

I'm sure Retro could make one of hell of 2D/2.5D Metroid now.

Overside

Banned
I don't even know if I trust Retro with a Prime 4. Lots of people who worked on Prime left after 3, hence why Retro started working on Donkey Kong.

I'm sure Retro could make one of hell of 2D/2.5D Metroid now.

Thats exactly why I now trust retro with prime 4.

Although I will never be as critical of prime 2 and 3 as Mark Pacini himself, I do agree that that his particular direction along with the rest of the staff that went to armature started to really drag the games off course from prime 1. That metroidvania batman game was literally everything that was going wrong with the prime series for me boiled down and concentrated into a super potent dose.

Prime 1 was by far the best, and had the team that was at the time the least experienced. As if the team learning and exploring themselves, made a game more conducive to learning and exploring. With the kind of leadership Nintendo has overseeing the production, I am extremely excited for another retro metroid.

Hatchtag

Banned
You guys keep saying this like its a bad thing.

I haven't bought a single indie game on a Nintendo console and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon.
Not because they're bad, but because if they're multiplatform half the time they end up being free with PS+/XBL Gold.

I honestly want to see these guys be to be added to the game's roster. A guy can dream, can't he?

I'd be for the first two.

I don't see Dry Bones being in 8 because Dry Bowser is already coming(however, they did do the multiple babies and cat/tanooki/Peach/Mario.

However, Birdo???

I'd pay 7$ just to drive as whatever that is.

hatchx

Banned
I honestly don't know what to expect. I really want to see some footage of the upcoming second DLC Pack for Mario Kart 8, and hopes there will be two more DLC packs that will add more characters, tracks, and to fix the neutered Battle Area Mode.

If they try to fix Battle Mode they should just release a stand-alone 15-20$ DLC (and maybe stand-alone eShop release) called Mario Kart : Battle Royale. Mission modes, tons of levels, 'grand prix' style cups with 4-battles-in-a-row against different level CPU, customization in the weapons, online, state tracking. Bring back shine-thief, bomb-omb blast, and survival-style play.

It could be a real winner, and wouldn't be too hard to make considering all the assets are there.

As one of Nintendo's biggest selling properties, a focused battle-style Mario Kart could do really well and become a successful off-shoot of the main franchise.

jnWake

no, Hyrule Warriors definitely passed it

and there is nothing of note aside from Nintendo Land and Wii Party U (both which beat it) after the Mario/Zelda games, so...

Well both of those were bundled so... Point I'm trying to make is that DKCTF still sold better than the other Nintendo properties released for Wii U so a new DKC game makes more financial sense than, for example, Pikmin 4.

In any case, they should just make Pikmin 4 and DKC6.

Xianghua

Banned
New games for Wii U please. If you want you can tell me what mobile games you are making too so I can finally buy a cell phone.

jmizzal

So all the online info for Xenoblade CX has never been officially discussed right? It comes out this month in Japan I think its time for them to talk about the online

Astral Dog

Yeah, Retro ruined the Donkey Kong characters, if you are going to make a DKC game, why don't stay true to the established characters?

Blues1990

I'd be for the first two.

I don't see Dry Bones being in 8 because Dry Bowser is already coming(however, they did do the multiple babies and cat/tanooki/Peach/Mario.

However, Birdo???

I'd pay 7$ just to drive as whatever that is.

Birdo has been a playable character in past installments in the series, and it seems sad that he/she is regulated to a cameo on an in-game billboard.

If they try to fix Battle Mode they should just release a stand-alone 15-20$ DLC (and maybe stand-alone eShop release) called Mario Kart : Battle Royale. Mission modes, tons of levels, 'grand prix' style cups with 4-battles-in-a-row against different level CPU, customization in the weapons, online, state tracking. Bring back shine-thief, bomb-omb blast, and survival-style play.

It could be a real winner, and wouldn't be too hard to make considering all the assets are there.

As one of Nintendo's biggest selling properties, a focused battle-style Mario Kart could do really well and become a successful off-shoot of the main franchise.

I like how you think, man.

Man I would love to see Mega Man in Mario Kart.

It kind of happened with Rockman: Battle and Chase. If Nintendo uses the SSB design of Mega Man & have the Rush Roadster as his main vehicle, along with the City Circuit from RB&C as his home stage and a remix of Rock's theme from that game, I'll be over the moon with this.

Besides, we now have a yellow puppy, a midget, and a fairy as being the first non-Mario characters in a Mario Kart game, and given how Capcom and Nintendo have been rubbing shoulders lately, this doesn't seem like a far fetched idea.

Birdo has been a playable character in past installments in the series, and it seems sad that he/she is regulated to a cameo on an in-game billboard.

Was Birdo playable in Double Dash???

I played most of the Karts but don't remember playing as Birdo.

HOWEVER, Birdo was my favorite character in Mario Strikers Charged.

Kodaman

I haven't bought a single indie game on a Nintendo console and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon.
Not because they're bad, but because if they're multiplatform half the time they end up being free with PS+/XBL Gold.

That's ok.. except, you know.. they're not free.

And it still applies.

KenUjIA.png

Oh god that was hilarious. Cranky should show up more often.
Actually, he should totallly host the robot chicken segment in the Digital Event this year. Cause that thing HAS to happen again this year.

Camjo-Z

I look forward to new, great games. Can be AAA, AA, Indie or Nintendo. Don't care.

Yes, yes, the old "indies are real games too" chestnut. I'm not saying they aren't. The thing is, indies can show off what they want at any time. Nintendo tends to save their cool announcements for things like this. So when the indie sizzle reel rolls around during a Direct, it's no shocker that people would rather see something else.

cafemomo

TRDQ/DQVII/FFEX localization.
third party amiibos in addition to above (slime amiibo, lightning/terra/squall/tidus etc amiibos)
Ridge Racer 3D+
PacMan DX 3D

WonderzL

Banned
I look forward to new, great games. Can be AAA, AA, Indie or Nintendo. Don't care.

They need to realize that a 35-minutes Direct with a 5 minutes indie presentation would be a 30 one without it. Indie games are games, non-exclusive games are games.

Hatchtag

Banned
That's ok.. except, you know.. they're not free.

They're free with services that I already pay for and plan on continuing paying for. Since just about every indie game I'm interested in ends up free or cheaper with said services on another system, I usually have zero interest in the indie segment, and I think that's a valid reason to have zero interest in it. If you only have a Wii U, or only play other systems offline, I can see it being interesting. But otherwise, it's just rare that anything in the indie segments are interesting to me.

Tizoc

I'll prob. be with a friend playing online and miss out on all the madness D;

Crazy ass predictions:
DRAGON QUEST 7 LOCALIZATION!

Top Bottom