• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

DaBoss

You would think with the amount of Nintendo Directs we've had now that people would realize that most of it is usually is an info dump about things already revealed/announced, but people still expect otherwise.
Oh, I mean--I'll watch it on YT for sure if I get to watch live. But if I can't watch it live, I want to watch it afterwards spoiler-free, and I think YT's page is a bit more dangerous on that front b/c the associated links will probably be to video clips from the Direct. I don't assume there will be lag once it's aired. (I think!)
Ask for an embedded link?

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/v/t6zgkp1YBRw

Only shows the video.

How can anyone be disappointed when we know an amazing veteran and classic Nintendo character is returning to a beloved franchise and will be announced this direct?

Dry Bones Bowser in Mario Kart

No seriously, with Mewtwo I literally cannot be disappointed unless they botch him so badly, which I doubt

Akhe

I really need to temper my expectations, even knowing that Nintendo will drop all serious bombs at E3 but It's fucking haaaaaaard!!!

I already played all the games I wanted to play, and it didn't look like Nintendo was even going to try to release games that I wanted.

So I sold it.

Not interested in Splatoon, Xenoblade or Star Fox.

Metroid and Yoshi, but I didn't think it was worth keeping the console for one game.

No accounting for taste, then.

Enjoy buying a Wii U again.

Galang

Banned
E3 isn't so far off so I don't have grand expectations. I will be happy with detailed Smash and Mario Kart DLC + a Splatoon release date.

Neoxon

Oh, I mean--I'll watch it on YT for sure if I get to watch live. But if I can't watch it live, I want to watch it afterwards spoiler-free, and I think YT's page is a bit more dangerous on that front b/c the associated links will probably be to video clips from the Direct. I don't assume there will be lag once it's aired. (I think!)

Thank you! So it's probably a bit dicey for spoilers depending on how far down I scroll. Hmm. Might still be safer/easier to avoid than the YT sidebar of clips.
YouTube also has you covered since you can watch the Direct like any other YT video.

Yeah people's expectations are getting out of hand. I mean there's a chance for a surprise or two, there usually is, but for this Direct i'm going in only wanting one thing. A goddamn release date/window for Xenoblade Chronicles X. And if Nintendo can't even give me that than ffs.

Neoxon

I didn't play online, because I'd rather play on the couch with friends.

Also, cause I'm not overly good at the game, and I'm a sore loser.
Do what I do, go to weekly tournaments & get better. That's how I ended up becoming the tournament organizer of Smash U in College Station.

smisk

Dammit, I typically leave work at 6PM eastern time, so I'll either miss the first part, stay late and watch at work, or try to stream it off my phone in the car...
I imaging there'll be a splatoon release date, hoping they'll also announce the New 3DS for NA...

A little while ago, Sakura retweeted the Japanese Nintendo twitter's tweet about the direct:
https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/582891933032263680

The tweet specifically says the direct will focus on games coming out from now up to and including summer for Wii U and 3DS.

Sakurai is going to announce his 3DS sequel to Ice Climbers, coming Spring 2016. On rails mountain climbing adventure with a light hearted story about two lovers, Nana and Popo who like to climb mountains with their hilarious pet/sidekick pterodactyl, "Pterry". Until an accident causes Popo to fall into the mirror world, creating the evil Dark Popo. Can Popo and Nana save the world via climbing mountains before Dark Popo covers the world in perma-frost.

Find out Spring 2016.

Or it's just Mewtwo

Yeah people's expectations are getting out of hand. I mean there's a chance for a surprise or two, there usually is, but for this Direct i'm going in only wanting one thing. A goddamn release date/window for Xenoblade Chronicles X. And if Nintendo can't even give me that than ffs.
I think people know that but just don't care lol

rhandino

Banned

Welcome to the Hype Train. Just sit and enjoy the aftermath.

Wy3cifQ.gif

cacildo

The thing is... the surprise needs to be a wiiu game. Everytime the surprise is a 3ds game, it just feels kinda disappointing...

NotLiquid

Overhyping a Nintendo Direct is a part of the experience

It's more fun that way

To be fair, the only thing Smash 3DS is good for now is getting custom moves onto Wii Us faster.
Well, I always have my N3DS near me compared to the Gamepad.
With a cat in your lap, it is much easier to get a Smash game going on the 3DS than on the Wii U.

Nothing wrong with the Wii U version, but I wish I would have gotten it digitally.

JCX

I just don't. I hate being competitive, cause then I stop having fun.

If I start feeling competitive in games like Call of Duty, Titanfall, Battlefield etc; I stop playing, cause I know I get frustrated if I start losing.

Like I said I'm a sore loser.

Good to know yourself that well as a gamer. I will never be competitive level, yet I still enter tournaments for some reason.

Fuck yeah, I'm in stage three of my hype ritual, time for unrealistic expectations and irrational hope.

NX details, SMT X Fire Emblem, Persona 4 Golden for New 3DS and Wii U, Twilight Princess HD, Mario Galaxy 3D, mother fucking Half life 3 my hype peeps. Shit is about to go down Pokemon Z style.

Hatchtag

Banned
Odd, I still play it even now. Much better than the train-wreck that was Brawl (I use train-wreck in relation to Brawl against the other Smash games). Smash 4 is easily the 2nd best Smash game in the series, second only to Melee.

To be fair, the only thing Smash 3DS is good for now is getting custom moves onto Wii Us faster.

I actually prefer using the 3DS as a controller for Little Mac due to using it a lot more. Plus I find it easier to use his dash cancel grab thing with it.

thefro

NoA is doing a Treehouse stream tonight, following the Direct. All they've said is that it's "a game releasing this spring."

Could be Splatoon, could be something else altogether.

Guessing they go in-depth on Splatoon, showing what they showed the media + whatever else they reveal in the direct (probably about time for local multi)

jariw

I expect the Treehouse crew to sit and play Mario Party 10 for 2 hours, and the Nintendo Direct is just a build-up for that event.

maxcriden

YouTube also has you covered since you can watch the Direct like any other YT video.

That's absolutely true, my only concern is that usually when I pull up YT it has a sidebar of associated clips or recent clips from the same channel, which are likely going to be clips from the Direct, so--

You would think with the amount of Nintendo Directs we've had now that people would realize that most of it is usually is an info dump about things already revealed/announced, but people still expect otherwise.

Ask for an embedded link?

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/v/t6zgkp1YBRw

Only shows the video.

This would work better for me for sure. Thank you!

BTW, I agree that good chunks of it are usually an info dump, but (a) it's fun to be hyped, and (b) sometimes we do get Directs that have a ton of new info.

Top Bottom