• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

-Horizon-

Nintendo, if you announce a new Metroid today, I will be very unhappy with you.

I sold my Wii U and you can't do that to me.

tumblr_nbrabusIJx1qd367jo1_400.gif

The Metroid rhythm game that will save the Wii U

Diffense

The "secret" could be that game that was teased at a previous direct. There were obscured character portraits and some people saw KOSMOS in there.

-Horizon-

The "secret" could be that game that was teased at a previous direct. There were obscured character portraits and some people saw KOSMOS in there.

Yeah, I kind of want to know what Project Treasure is. Didn't Harada say it was a F2P game though or am I just misremembering and making that up?

Exile20

Yeah, I kind of want to know what Project Treasure is. Didn't Harada say it was a F2P game though or am I just misremembering and making that up?

Katsuhiro Harada, famed lover of sunglasses and director of the Tekken series, announced a new game for Wii U from Namco Bandai. Codenamed Project Treasure, the four-player co-op game for Wii U will focus on hunting for treasure and fighting enemies. Unlike Harada's Tekken games, Project Treasure is targeted a broad audience. Harada emphasized that the Dimps-developed game is designed to be "accessible." Project Treasure will be available as an eShop download.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/14/project-treasure-is-a-free-to-play-4-player-action-game-for-w/

I already played all the games I wanted to play, and it didn't look like Nintendo was even going to try to release games that I wanted.

So I sold it.

Not interested in Splatoon, Xenoblade or Star Fox.

Metroid and Yoshi, but I didn't think it was worth keeping the console for one game.

Neoxon

I already played all the games I wanted to play, and it didn't look like Nintendo was even going to try to release games that I wanted.

So I sold it.

Metroid and Yoshi, but I didn't think it was worth keeping the console for one game.
Nintendo has spoken of doing 2D & 3D Metroid titles. Plus you're missing out on some great stuff.

Banned
Grezzo and From are actually making a Souls style Zelda based in a mysterious cursed Clock Town-esque city and the final boss is Nightmare from Link's Awakening so all the dungeons are based on the townsfolk's nightmares and it stars an older Link from Twilight Princess looking for a way to reunite with Midna and your companion is the Skull Kid who makes creepy cryptic comments about the dark past of everything and then you woke up and realized it wasn't real and never will be
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Inception

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
tumblr_mjgo2hkV5L1r7m32co1_1280.jpg

Kojima will need to work on something once he leaves Konami

I am sure there will be a bidding war for Kojima now that he leaves Konami, but what would be the chance of Nintendo winning it and opening a new Kojipro for him that creates an all new stealth-based series?This is something Nintendo needs and would be awesome for us fans. Kojima is also supposedly friends with Sakurai, so maybe they could use him as bait.

-Horizon-

Ahhh so it is. I wonder if it'll just be those 4 characters or if there'll be more. Would be hilariously awesome if Harada managed to put Iori in somehow because reasons lol

So I sold it.

Ice, if Ridley was playable in Smash U, you would've kept your Wii U :T

Mr. Virus

The thing is, they already announced N64 VC would be coming to Wii U 2 years ago and have been silent on it since. It was at that time they also announced GBA VC for Wii U and that just recently (as of last year) finally started up. They owe us either an explanation why N64 VC isn't here still or they need to deliver on what they announced in 2013 even if it's not a huge library of games.

I want some of those Wii N64 VC titles for Wii U. If that's all we get, I would be fine with that as well. It would still be N64 VC on Wii U, just not any new N64 VC games.

If you're lucky the WiiU could still get Mario 64
DS

Ahhh so it is. I wonder if it'll just be those 4 characters or if there'll be more. Would be hilariously awesome if Harada managed to put Iori in somehow because reasons lol

Ice, if Ridley was playable in Smash U, you would've kept your Wii U :T
I probably would have kept Smash.

I sold Smash before the Wii U.

Banned
To all the people debating missing school, work or any other activity for this direct, all sources lead to it being disappointing and minor. Don't expect anything new. Just watch the repeat afterwards on your free time.

backlot

To all the people debating missing school, work or any other activity for this direct, all sources lead to it being disappointing and minor. Don't expect anything new. Just watch the repeat afterwards on your free time.

Who are your sources?

Neoxon

no, but it was one of the reasons.
I got bored of Smash U quicker than any other Smash.
Odd, I still play it even now. Much better than the train-wreck that was Brawl (I use train-wreck in relation to Brawl against the other Smash games). Smash 4 is easily the 2nd best Smash game in the series, second only to Melee.

I have to agree with you. It is too much work to switch discs just for 10 minutes of gameplay.
That is why I think Smash 3DS is the best since N3DS fixes most of my issues (controls).
To be fair, the only thing Smash 3DS is good for now is getting custom moves onto Wii Us faster.

haha never change Ice xD
I'll try not to.
Odd, I still play it even more. Much better than the train-wreck that was Brawl (I use train-wreck in relation to Brawl against the other Smash games). Smash 4 is easily the 2nd best Smash game in the series, second only to Melee.

I actually prefer Brawl.

I always played it, always had fun.

The mechanics are better in 4, but it just doesn't keep my attention, get bored after a few matches.

I just want a date for XCX. That's all I want. I have to tell my family and friends what day I'll be falling off the face of the planet.

maxcriden

YouTube has usually been better at keeping the stream consistent.

I say take youtube, less probability of having any type of lag or issues :D

Oh, I mean--I'll watch it on YT for sure if I get to watch live. But if I can't watch it live, I want to watch it afterwards spoiler-free, and I think YT's page is a bit more dangerous on that front b/c the associated links will probably be to video clips from the Direct. I don't assume there will be lag once it's aired. (I think!)

Thank you! So it's probably a bit dicey for spoilers depending on how far down I scroll. Hmm. Might still be safer/easier to avoid than the YT sidebar of clips.

Memory

Man this thread has gone off the rails (pun intended ;p).

I'm as hyped as the next guy/girl but some of you are building your expectations way too high lol.

Anyways...

Choooooo Chooo mofos choooo chooo!

RPGCrazied

Not going to get to hyped for this. I only expect to see XCX. Which is fine. I would like to see stuff like Metroid and that Wii remaster game, but I expect its not going to be present today.

Top Bottom