• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

L95

I wonder... should I wake up for this? Will it be worth waking up early?

I usually wake up early for these things, but the one time I didn't wake up early enough they revealed FE at the start of the direct ;-;

(It's really up to your own discretion. You could have the ND page open and just watch it when you wake up normally, then participate in conversation)

Hey guys, I need to ask you a favor. Turns out I have to work today and I won't be able to watch the direct live. The things is, I want to keep the hype til I watch it myself, and I don't want to go on youtube and search and then find all the announcements before watching them on the direct, as well as I dont want to come here and see the bunch of new threads spoiling me. That's why I would want to now if someone could PM me the youtube link of the direct once its uploaded to Nintendo channel, so I can keep myself spoiler free, even if they dont show anything. Thanks.

I'm actually really hoping for revival of some franchises. Advance wars, golden sun, f-zero, metroid... These have been forgotten for too long.

Hey guys, I need to ask you a favor. Turns out I have to work today and I won't be able to watch the direct live. The things is, I want to keep the hype til I watch it myself, and I don't want to go on youtube and search and then find all the announcements before watching them on the direct, as well as I dont want to come here and see the bunch of new threads spoiling me. That's why I would want to now if someone could PM me the youtube link of the direct once its uploaded to Nintendo channel, so I can keep myself spoiler free, even if they dont show anything. Thanks.
Don't worry, all of us in this thread are going to record a re-enactment of today's direct and upload it to youtube. I'll send you the link when it's up.

corn_fest

I just remembered there was that Rhythm Heaven project announced for 3DS in the last JP direct. Wonder if we'll see an announcement of that for other territories.

Would definitely dig another Super Mario game, Galaxy 3 or something like that
Galaxy 3 would be awesome. Miyamoto made a comment to the effect that they view the 3D Land/3D World games as another Mario subseries and the Galaxy games are their own subseries.

I don't think we'd see anything like that until E3 though.

Azure J

I honestly got bored with smash 4 pretty quick too. It just isn't nearly as much fun as PM/Melee

I'm actually starting to give it a fair shake now that I can more readily access the Wii U in this house and playing Greninja & ZSS near exclusively. The game is pretty fun but there are moments that just leave me going why or "lolSmash4". Mostly in regards to hitboxes and trying to tech on the floor without triggering an air dodge at low height.

purdobol

Retro is developing free to play card collectable game (Hearthstone clone). Nintnedo will offer special card packs with ir chip inside unlocking legendary cards.

Nintenstone: Heroes of Mushroom Kingdom.
What ? They have experience in card manufacturing :p

Berordn

I just remembered there was that Rhythm Heaven project announced for 3DS in the last JP direct. Wonder if we'll see an announcement of that for other territories.

Rhythm Heaven usually has a long wait and tons of changes for localization so while I'm sure they won't pass it up for international release I'd be surprised if we see it so soon.

Don't worry, all of us in this thread are going to record a re-enactment of today's direct and upload it to youtube. I'll send you the link when it's up.

Thanks. Also, my list for today:

Most likely:

Splatoon gameplay
Starfox teaser
Mewtwo trailer
TLoZ info

Possible:

New Mario game
Something Pokemon related (could be a new game or Pokken coming to WiiU this year)
New Fire Emblem trailer with official western name and hopefully a release date

Wishing beyond any logic:

New Megaman something, anything, even if just amiibo related.
New Metroid for 3DS

Zack & Wiki sequel is coming for sure ! You heard it here first
and you cried here first :'(

Zack_%26_Wiki_-_Quest_for_Barbaros'_Treasure_Coverart.png

Please, please !

They announce that Metroid is a dead franchise and that fans should stop asking them to make a new one.

...Only to turn around, say April Fools and reveal
Another M

Smash follows the games, not the anime ;)

Sort of.

Their designs and moves and their general characters are representing the games, but their voices and basically, what Pokemon are in the game, is based on the anime.

I could only really point to Pichu, Ivysaur and Greninja who were added independent of the anime and well... none of them have been in more than one game. Squirtle and Charizard may have gotten in via game influence as well, but it's hard to say as they're iconic anime Pokemon. Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Lucario are 100% anime. Although at this point Jigglypuff is basically a Smash Bros character as she is nothing in the anime or games in a decade

Mewtwo in Smash 4 though will almost certainly be male voiced, since he's added for Melee nostalgia and that's the Mewtwo most people know and identify as Smash Mewtwo.

Sort of.

Their designs and moves and their general characters are representing the games, but their voices and basically, what Pokemon are in the game, is based on the anime.

I could only really point to Pichu, Ivysaur and Greninja who were added independent of the anime and well... none of them have been in more than one game.

Mewtwo in Smash 4 though will almost certainly be male voiced, since he's added for Melee nostalgia and that's the Mewtwo most people know and identify as Mewtwo.

For all we know, they can include a male and a female option. Of this supposedly genderless Pokemon.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This will be glorious. (I don't personally mind either way...)

I find the weird reaction to Smash having anything to do with the anime to be quite odd, always have. Like people freak-out that they use the voices, which are far more recognizable to the general public, over the digital beeps. Personally I love Pokemon Speech.

I understand why people were upset with them changing Mewtwo so much in the new Movie (although the original Mewtwo's plot had concluded pretty satisfactory, so I also think it was smart to not use the original Mewtwo and possibly mess him up---and I imagine the powers that be probably wanted them to use Mewtwo to showcase the new Mega Evolution), but honestly the Mewtwo in Smash having a male or female voice doesn't really change much. If you go with the idea that Smash follows the games instead of the show, well game Mewtwo has never spoken, so it having a female voice really isn't that big of a deal.

balladofwindfishes said:
I could only really point to Pichu, Ivysaur and Greninja who were added independent of the anime and well... none of them have been in more than one game.

Actually, it seems like Ash will probably end up with Greninja---in fact Greninja (in Japan) has the same voice actor as Ash's Froakie/Frogadier, instead of the voice actor who voiced the Greninja that appeared in the Diancie Movie. I wouldn't be surprised if them showcasing Greninja in the show this time around was all part of a marketing plan that tied into the popularity he'd have thanks to Smash partially, and setting him up to be like Charizard.

Anyone taking bets on whether or not they'll make an April Fools joke out of Mother 3?

Because I'm betting they'll make a joke out of it.

Top Bottom