• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

yes yes yes.. Devils Third!

dthirdcustom_610.gif

so_good.gif

I do this sometimes too (usually to read the GAF thread about the Direct). I'd love a lot of those indie games probably, but it's rare that any of them make it to physical release. And if they do I'll probably catch wind of it down the road.
Honestly though they have to do this because otherwise the Wii U library would be even less games on it.
It is important to spotlight games which are coming out to your system.
To be frank, I am ready to hear more about Shovel Knight free DLC. So it does not bother me.

emb

Honestly though they have to do this because otherwise the Wii U library would be even less games on it.
It is important to spotlight games which are coming out to your system.
Honestly though, I am ready to hear more about Shovel Knight free DLC. So it does not bother me.
Oh yeah, for sure! Even though it doesn't interest me, I think showing them off is important. Moreover, I think they should go out of the way a bit more often to have extended looks highlighting any high quality exclusive titles coming their way.

Oh yeah, for sure! Even though it doesn't interest me, I think showing them off is important. Moreover, I think they should go out of the way a bit more often to have extended looks highlighting any high quality exclusive titles coming their way.
I think the main problem is they start and end with something interesting.
So people tune out the middle part of events.
It would make more sense to show something big, then indies while people are cooling off IMO. That way it does not interrupt the flow at all.

I'll hear about all these other games (or have heard about them) on NeoGAF anyway, I watch the Nintendo Direct for new information about Nintendo game.
But the average Nintendo fan would probably only get information about the games from Direct.
Like I had zero clue Citizens of Earth was a thing until the Direct it was shown in. I love the game though. Need to get back and finish it...

Banned
Here is my biggest dilemma for the direct - Pizza Hut, Dominos, or Frozen?? I want my heart to explode from the grease in tandem with my mind from the bombs, so I should probably choose the worst one of the three.

Pizza Hut it is?
You can never go wrong with stuffed crust. I'm going with a cheesy gordita crunch.

Ashodin

jesus christ you guys

about maybe like 5 minutes or less will be devoted to most likely quickie videos of indie titles.

Everything else is straight up Nintendo stuff.

BUT THAT DOESNT MATTER I MIGHT BE IN THERE

:DDDDDDDDDDD

Neff

Don't judge me for this, but everytime Reggie/Trinen says "and here's what our Indie partners have been up to" I minimize the Direct until I hear that segment's over.

I wouldn't go that far, but I do squeeze my eyes tightly shut, dig my fingernails into my palms and rock back and forth mumbling incoherently to myself until it's over.

Hideo Kojima will be announced as the newest member of the Nintendo family.

DGK6Kvl.gif

This is amazing.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I love Platinum, but they clearly excel at something other on-rail shooters. Treasure made Sin and Punishment 1/2 which are some of the best ORS I've ever played.

Heck, I'd take a Project Sora Star Fox game over one by Platinum.

I'd agree that Treasure would be more suited but people are focused on Platinum due to that Star Fox stage in Bayo 2, I think. That and Kamiya's love for shmups.

And now I would like to welcome a guest for a special announcement.

[Kojima fades in]

Hello. I'm Hideo Kojima. You may be familiar with games I have directed, such as the Metal Gear series. Today I would like to make a special announcement for those of you watching Nintendo Direct.

As of today, I am pleased to say that the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are now available for the Wii U and 3DS Virtual Console here in Japan. Those who purchase it on the 3DS will receive a special MSX theme. Thank you.

WonderzL

Banned
jesus christ you guys

about maybe like 5 minutes or less will be devoted to most likely quickie videos of indie titles.

Right? I'm happy for you!

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member

[Kojima fades in]

Hello. I'm Hideo Kojima. You may be familiar with games I have directed, such as the Metal Gear series. Today I would like to make a special announcement for those of you watching Nintendo Direct.

As of today, I am pleased to say that the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are now available for the Wii U and 3DS Virtual Console here in Japan. Those who purchase it on the 3DS will receive a special MSX theme. Thank you.

[Kojima fades out]

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

[Kojima fades in]

I was hoping for Boktai. :/

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I want Treasure to do Murasame myself.

Always thought it'd work well as a cool shooter/on-rail game like Sin and Punishment. The original game had a bit of a Bullet Hell feel to it

Nanashrew

Banned

[Kojima fades in]

Nah, Kojima will make Custom Robo with the combat of ZoE.

jesus christ you guys

LOL, I agree with you personally.
It is good for exposure. I am totally fine with that anyway.
I rather they do that then ramble on about yarn and how yarn is perfect for a Yoshi setting (honestly the developer interviews are the worst parts IMO).

LOL, I agree with you personally.
It is good for exposure. I am totally fine with that anyway.
I rather they do that then ramble on about yarn and how yarn is perfect for a Yoshi setting (honestly the developer interviews are the worst parts IMO).

We may get to see FAST Racing Neo and that guy's sidescroller that I can't spell the name of.

psyscrolr pyschostroller physicontroller fuck it

Top Bottom