• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

I love Platinum, but they clearly excel at something other on-rail shooters. Treasure made Sin and Punishment 1/2 which are some of the best ORS I've ever played.

Heck, I'd take a Project Sora Star Fox game over one by Platinum.

It's not like Platinum ever had the chance to do a proper rail shooter... I'm sure it would be awesome but Treasure would be an even better choice indeed.

RGamer2009

Neo Member
IM READY.

nS0YhaZ.gif

SalvaPot

Kojima and Sakurai are proud to announce their new joint company, Sora x Sora LTD, with a brand new game for the new 3DS and a new entry in a beloved Nintendo IP to be announced on E3.

Lol, just kidding, its Kid Icarus: Epic Subtitle for the Wii U.

Mentok

Banned
Wait wait wait......
Miyamotos new game, Project Giant Robot
Kojima falls out with Konami
Kojimas best known for ZOE and MGS which are based on Giant Robots
Project Giant Robot = new ZOE WiiU exclusive

I never knew I wanted this.....until now.

Mat-triX

Iwata:

Due to demand, we have patched many Wii games and their control schemes so they are now playable using the controls of the Wii U Gamepad.

Patch individual Wii games? Why not a patch that has the Wii U Gamepad act as a Classic Controller, since they kinda of already announced that for downloadable Wii games.

Platinum has some of the worst shooting sections ever. They've tried time and time again, and they still suck ass.

I don't doubt they could make a sick Star Fox, but it wouldn't be in the air. They should enlist Treasure for sure.

Oersted

I don't know why, but I just can't seem to get into indie titles...

Maybe because I don't have a ton of time, I tend to gravitate towards the big releases. Like, the only indie games I've ever played are Kokopolo (bought it to help the GAF dude who made it, and because I wanted something for my empty 3DS when I first got it, didn't care for it too much but loved the visuals), and Shovel Knight, which I had fun with but never beat. It's not that I hate independent games, they tend to seem fun and have some cool ideas, I just never get around to playing them. :/

I'll buy your game ashodin though because now I feel guilty for being an indie hater. :)

Be a family man and play Balance Touch and Little Inferno.

faridmon

I was hoping for Boktai. :/

Iwata: ''Thank you Mr Kojima for showing us this particular trailer

''Boktai WiiU is the latest edition to Boktai Franchise. Take Control of deceased Vampire and his quest to regain his anaemic stature. Travel across multiple terrain of dangerous lands in an open-world adventure. He will come across various characters along the way in order to get closer to his ultimate goal. He may give them hand in various quests and missions, not sincerely to be helpful, but for his evil-filled hunger to be content.

For the first time on a Nintendo platform, you will take full control on a villain and his quest to bring the world to his distraction. This game also features Kingdoms to conquer, Evil plans to be fulfilled and of course, Blood to intake. There is no good or evil routes, but players will choose how to achieve their villainous objectives however they see fit.

In the Video we are about to show you you can see different ways of tackling this mission which features a bed-ridden old lady who is suffering from agony. Its up to the players how to steal her enormous fortune. Does he trick her into telling him where her money lies? Or just simply multiply her suffering and make her do so? Or simply one could just try to figure out ways of bribing her sons to tell him informations about their old lady and proceed from there? There is about 9 ways of tackling this quest and I can't wait to see how you choose to complete it.

I will let Hideo Kojima continue telling you why we are happy to announce this game in this collaboratory fashion''

[Fades to black]

Platinum has some of the worst shooting sections ever. They've tried time and time again, and they still suck ass.

I don't doubt they could make a sick Star Fox, but it wouldn't be in the air. They should enlist Treasure for sure.

Treasure X Platinum join. In the same vein as Star Fox Assault (but better, obviously) Treasure handles everything in the air, while Platinum handles ground combat.

emb

You wouldn't be able to play the Prime games and Galaxy games then.
It would still be a good first step though. I'm honestly surprised Gamepad as CC wasn't a thing at launch. I guess the way Wii mode works there's just no good way to communicate with the Wii U inputs? *shrug*

Mr. Doop

I don't know, I liked
the Star Fox thing
in Bayonetta 2. I definitely agree that it's not their strong point and they shouldn't do it as much in their games.

Actually I just looked it up.

Outside of Fire Emblem, Nintendo has no other first or second-party 3DS titles currently announced. I would be shocked if that doesn't change after the direct.

Top Bottom