• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't know why, but I just can't seem to get into indie titles...

Maybe because I don't have a ton of time, I tend to gravitate towards the big releases. Like, the only indie games I've ever played are Kokopolo (bought it to help the GAF dude who made it, and because I wanted something for my empty 3DS when I first got it, didn't care for it too much but loved the visuals), and Shovel Knight, which I had fun with but never beat. It's not that I hate independent games, they tend to seem fun and have some cool ideas, I just never get around to playing them. :/

I'll buy your game ashodin though because now I feel guilty for being an indie hater. :)

weekev

Banned

Maybe because I don't have a ton of time, I tend to gravitate towards the big releases. Like, the only indie games I've ever played are Kokopolo (bought it to help the GAF dude who made it, and because I wanted something for my empty 3DS when I first got it, didn't care for it too much but loved the visuals), and Shovel Knight, which I had fun with but never beat. It's not that I hate independent games, they tend to seem fun and have some cool ideas, I just never get around to playing them. :/

I'll buy your game ashodin though because now I feel guilty for being an indie hater. :)
A guilt sale is still a sale.

MrBigBoy

I'm in EU, but I'll be watching the Direct from US, because I think their presentation is better.

What about other EUGaffers? Do you prefer EU or US Directs?

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
No one is asking the important question:

What color hair
(tentacles)
will the new Splatoon amiibo have?

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member

Whatever floats your poop.

But you should be aware that if they didn't show indies the direct would be shorter. It's not like the indies are actively removing exposure from existing Nintendo games.

Time for MK8 Akira DLC

mario_akira7yecc.jpg

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Kojima will announce MGS V: Phantom Pain: Wii U Edition with Snake Pliskin himself, Kurt Russell, as the voice of Solid Snake.

weekev

Banned
And now I would like to welcome a guest for a special announcement.

[Kojima fades in]

Hello. I'm Hideo Kojima. You may be familiar with games I have directed, such as the Metal Gear series. Today I would like to make a special announcement for those of you watching Nintendo Direct.

As of today, I am pleased to say that the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are now available for the Wii U and 3DS Virtual Console here in Japan. Those who purchase it on the 3DS will receive a special MSX theme. Thank you.
Wait wait wait......
Miyamotos new game, Project Giant Robot
Kojima falls out with Konami
Kojimas best known for ZOE and MGS which are based on Giant Robots
Project Giant Robot = new ZOE WiiU exclusive

I understand your logic a bit. I find though that game quality has nothing on budget. Like I rather buy 10 copies of Axion Verge or Shovel Knight over Resident Evil 6 for example. If you mostly play Nintendo games, I get the logic even more. I been burned by many crappy $60 retail games that I have less faith in AAA products.

What a weird view.

Indie games are just games. They're not a genre. If your enjoyment of a game is hinged on how many people worked on it, there's probably a lot of old games you enjoyed that you may need to reconsider liking.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Kojima will announce MGS V: Phantom Pain: Wii U Edition with Snake Pliskin himself, Kurt Russell, as the voice of Solid Snake.

If there are PS3 and Xbox360 versions then I'm sure they could make it work on the Wii U.

Not the Kurt Russell stuff, obviously, you just reminded me that there is no MGSV:U.

Sterok

Guys, Kojima won't be appearing here. They said no mobile games, which I'm pretty sure is what he'll be doing for them.

Not long until Mewtwo. No idea what the surprise game will be. Holding out hope for Metroid.

Iwata:

Part of my colleague and friend Hideo Kojima's severance package from Konami was an IP you may know called Bomberman.

We are bringing Bomberman Eternity to you exclusively on Wii U.

What did you think??????

Shauni

I want Treasure to do Murasame myself.

Always thought it'd work well as a cool shooter/on-rail game like Sin and Punishment. The original game had a bit of a Bullet Hell feel to it

I would only accept a Murasame as an action game ala DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden. I accept no substitutions

Azure J

Time for MK8 Akira DLC

mario_akira7yecc.jpg

I would do unholy things for this. The orange Sport Bike is great, but I NEED DIS.

I would only accept a Murasame as an action game ala DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden. I accept no substitutions

Preach.

Get Sakurai to write the script so we get a hilarious story about Taka raiding possessed castles for cursed swords on his travels through edo-Japan and eastern Asia. Have him run into notFaMulan and notGhengisKhan along the way.

I think it's mostly going to be stuff we know about (Splatoon, Mario Maker, Wolly World, Xenoblade), with maybe some new deets about upcoming 3DS stuff since there isn't much announced. Hopefully we'll get firm dates on the Wii U summer releases, as well as the Smash Bros. and Mario Kart DLCs. Maybe also info on Amiibo cards and Smash Bros Wave 6.

Pipe Dream Wish: New Nintendo 3DS Regular announced for US. I don't care if it's a Nintendo.com exclusive or whatever, I just want it announced.

AdanVC

It's been proved that even when a Direct is 40 minutes long, there's no major megatons revealed other than maybe just one at the beginning. I rather prefer a 15 minute presentation filled with megatons than a boring 45 minute full of info we already know.

Shauni

I think it's mostly going to be stuff we know about (Splatoon, Mario Maker, Wolly World, Xenoblade), with maybe some new deets about upcoming 3DS stuff since there isn't much announced. Hopefully we'll get firm dates on the Wii U summer releases, as well as the Smash Bros. and Mario Kart DLCs. Maybe also info on Amiibo cards and Smash Bros Wave 6.

Pipe Dream Wish: New Nintendo 3DS Regular announced for US. I don't care if it's a Nintendo.com exclusive or whatever, I just want it announced.

Don't be fooled by the amiibo thread title, we still need Wave 5!

Top Bottom