• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Jagsrock

Banned
My predictions

-Mario kart dlc fully revealed with release date and more info on what amiibos will do.
-last smash bros newcomer trailer coupled with one last surprise mode or stage.
-captain toad
-short trailer showcasing already announced 2015 wiiu games
-more amiibos,possibly 3rd wave reveal
-more xenoblade footage
-new 3ds info
-Pokemon
-show more 3ds xenoblade
-some STEAM
-short upcoming game trailer
-new hd remaster announced
-if we are lucky and if Nintendo is smart they'd show a tiny bit more zelda u to boost hype even more heading into the holidays

Fandangox

starwars1_clip11.jpg

Did I inadvertently ended up quoting a star wars film!? Haha

This probably means that the Mario Kart 8 DLC will be coming out immediately after the presentation, since they've done this before with games like Pikmin and Fire Emblem.

Anyways here's my laundry list of games I want mentioned in order of importance.
Splatoon
Captain Toad
Pokemon ORAS
SMTxFE
Believe.
Devil's Third
Code Name:S.T.E.A.M.

E-phonk

Banned
My predictions

-Mario kart dlc fully revealed with release date and more info on what amiibos will do.
-last smash bros newcomer trailer coupled with one last surprise mode or stage.
-captain toad
-short trailer showcasing already announced 2015 wiiu games
-more amiibos,possibly 3rd wave reveal
-more xenoblade footage
-new 3ds info
-Pokemon
-show more 3ds xenoblade
-some STEAM
-short upcoming game trailer
-new hd remaster announced
-if we are lucky and if Nintendo is smart they'd show a tiny bit more zelda u to boost hype even more heading into the holidays

Realistic and what I kind of expect/hope for. Some more 3DS announcements have to be in there too though, there's almost nothing known for it in '15
Replace ZeldaU with something else, but just one late '15 release might be shown just for some holidays hype.

Awesome! It's been too long since a proper general Nintendo Direct.

It's a little weird hyping for a Direct with the knowledge that it almost certainly won't have any significant news about Smash Bros., but hey. Crossing my fingers for Metroid or Splatoon!

-Horizon-

Everyone

Everyone

Remember how Suda51 got that Club Nintendo reward yesterday?

Its a sign.

Lily Bergamo saved by Nintendo.

#Believe

Kazerei

Banned
Mmmyeah. Hope we get confirmation of New 3DS coming to North America soon. I definitely need it for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Also looking forward to seeing an update on all the 2015 releases like Splatoon, Kirby Rainbow Curse, etc.

Expecting no new game announcements, hoping for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for Wii U with cross-save with the 3DS version without requiring the transfer app. So y'know, not hoping for much!

Briarios

Considering they want to sell their stock of regular 3DS systems this Christmas, I highly doubt there will be anything about a NA release of the New 3DS ... Unless they're doing a surprise holiday launch, which I completely doubt.

However, game-wise ... Everything is on the table! So hype!

JoeM86

The smartphone app would send the Miis to your 3DS by signing in with your NNID. It wouldn't play the games, just a way to collect Miis. People carry their cellphones much more than 3DS.

Yes, but the smartphone app would have to be active and would require people to receive it from others with apps, thus creating two issues
1) Two sections of player, 3DS carriers and phone carriers - Segmentation
2) The issue of density of 3DS players remains the same

Excited.

Hoping for a Metroid Prime HD Trilogy reveal or even a new game
Xenoblade release date
Animal Crossing U for Spring 2015
Some more amiibo information
Mario Kart 8 DLC
Hyrule Warriors DLC
Bayonetta in Smash
Yoshi, Mario Maker, and a Kirby release window or dates
Official Zelda reveal / title with a trailer as the finisher

• NES Remix bit with a focus on Duck Hunt
  • Smash Bros. Wii U Duck Hunt Trailer
  • Smash Bros. Wii U new mode briefly gone over
  • Mario Party 10 footage
  • Splatoon footage
  • Yoshi's Whooly World footage
  • Amiibo compatibility
  • Upcoming Mario Kart DLC
  • Star Fox Teaser
  • LoZ Wii U Interview with Developers

Can't think of much else, but that'd all be great.
Got nothing for 3DS. Don't know what they'll show there.

Yrael

Excellent! Something to look forward to on Wednesday evening Thursday morning (don't know how I managed to misread that).

wiibomb

there has been several months since the last non-focused direct, right? I really do not know if I should have any expectations for a new game announcement

but a realease date for MH4U would be perfect for me

wsippel

Banned
Everyone

Everyone

Remember how Suda51 got that Club Nintendo reward yesterday?

Its a sign.

Lily Bergamo saved by Nintendo.

#Believe
Not that I would expect it, but I wouldn't be all that surprised, either. That French guy said Devil's Third wasn't the only project in limbo Nintendo picked up.

topplehat

Kinda hoping for some GCN/Wii remaster to be announced. Really hoping it's Galaxy 1+2 HD. Didn't they say another "HD Remaster" was coming?

I've already been in this train before and it crashed, burned and left me scarred. Now I have reasonable expectations: the only thing that I want to know is the new 3DS US launch date.

Still mad about it, don't think that I forgot the bullshit that they pulled doing exclusives to the platform.

Sendou

Not that I would expect it, but I wouldn't be all that surprised, either. That French guy said Devil's Third wasn't the only project in limbo Nintendo picked up.

I would be surprised considering Lily Bergamo is still happening just in a somewhat different form.

Why are people still bringing the game up anyway? Is an animu girl all people need to see to get hyped?

Briarios

I've already been in this train before and it crashed, burned and left me scarred. Now I have reasonable expectations: the only thing that I want to know is the new 3DS US launch date.

Still mad about it, don't think that I forgot the bullshit that they pulled doing exclusives to the platform.

Expect to be disappointed,

They're not going to announce it now- that will completely kill the sales momentum of the console over the crucial holiday period.

-Horizon-

I would be surprised considering Lily Bergamo is still happening just in a somewhat different form.

Why are people still bringing the game up anyway? Is an animu girl all people need to see to get hyped?
Yes.

tumblr_n21hi1dDLx1s6pb92o1_500.jpg

I love this cover XD
Would buy. SO HARD.

Hope that french guy was right :(

Choomp

Banned
Something tells me we wont see Zelda U info till at least March, at the very least though I wish they'ed just confirm that they are not going to change Link to anything he isn't, I'm tired of worrying about this.

Yeah, we usually see the big news like Zelda post holiday. I think we'll mainly see some minor information based off stuff we know about holiday titles tomorrow.

Banned
Q1 2015 firm release dates
XBX release date
Majoras Mask 3D announcement
Pokemon ORAS Stuff
Smash Bros Stuff
Rumoured 2015 remaster announced
Xenoblade 3DS talked about
More footage of announced games
First trailer for SMTxFE

For me it was more the cel-shading and cool style (both things that make Grasshopper games stand out, because the gameplay sure doesn't) than main character gender but you should go on being dumb about it.

Top Bottom