• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

JCX

Yes, but the smartphone app would have to be active and would require people to receive it from others with apps, thus creating two issues
1) Two sections of player, 3DS carriers and phone carriers - Segmentation
2) The issue of density of 3DS players remains the same

1) How does it segment when (afaik), Streetpass games are single player?

We already have two classes of players - those lucky enough to live in an area that is population dense and has people who cary their 3DS on with the wifi on and people who live in areas that are less dense. For those in the second group, the Streetpass games are mostly pointless

2) The issue isn't as much the density of 3DS, there are a lot of 3DS all over. The issue is people who carry their 3DS around all day with wifi on. It is incredibly easy to install an app that just passively collects Miis. I really don't see how this is a huge burden on a user.

ETA: I don't think this is a case of either/or. It's really between people who just carry smartphones vs people who cary smartphones+3DS.

Rich!

Yeah, no. We won't be getting any "surprises" in this direct.

Just like when the Nintendo 3DS XL was announced in a random direct? Or the time when Bayonetta 2 was randomly announced? Or the New Nintendo 3DS randomly being announced in a japanese monster hunter direct?

takriel

Zelda pushed to Spring 2015? So that EAD 3 can start working on a new Zelda that will be ready alongside the launch of the new console?

mdubs

Banned
Is there anyone who actually thinks they won't announce a new 3DS game tomorrow? Look at their 2015 slate in all regions, something is clearly coming.

Reasonable expectations (for Western audiences):

- Web eShop
- Prerelease downloads
- Monster Hunter 4U
- Fantasy Life
- Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby
- Smash 4 Wii U
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Captain Toad
- Mario Kart 8 DLC
- Splatoon
- Kirby Wii U
- Amiibos
- A scattering of new announcements

denshuu

Zelda pushed to Spring 2015? So that EAD 3 can start working on a new Zelda that will be ready alongside the launch of the new console?

Not a chance. If Zelda was coming out in the next 6 months, we would have seen gameplay of it over a year ago.

Just like when the Nintendo 3DS XL was announced in a random direct? Or the time when Bayonetta 2 was randomly announced? Or the New Nintendo 3DS randomly being announced in a japanese monster hunter direct?

Bayonetta 2 wasn't really randomly announced. It was at a conference about launch details and they said to expect a few surprises. That it was the only thing announced is surprising.

On Wii U I'd like to see updates on Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon, and Mario Maker. On 3DS I'd just like to see Majora's Mask 3D officially announced already.

A new trailer for Zelda Wii U and/or Starfox would be nice, but I think it's way too soon for that, unfortunately.

Frodo

Just you wait, non-believers, when Iwata announces that Zelda Wii U is OUT NOW! on the Nintendo eShop tomorrow evening.

Just you wait...

Akiller

Fire Emblem Musou.Calling it.
Also, i need a character action game based on HW Impa.

GIF_-_Wonderful_101_Thumbs_Up.gif

LET'S GO

GAF, UNLEASH UNLIMITED HYPE

ChaosXVI

I'm trying to temper my expectations, but it's just so difficult. It's been ages since a general ND, and we know there are TONS of Wii U games coming in 2015, but we've seen so little of them...

And then there's 3DS, which we know pretty much nothing about for 2015...except that S.T.E.A.M. game right? Oh and Majora's Mask of course...lol

Glad they only waited 1 day in advance to announce the Direct. Would've killed me waiting until Friday or something.

EDIT: Forgot about Xenoblade n3DS.

Every time they announce one of these things, I always worry that a Metroid Prime HD trilogy will be announced and I should sell my Wii trilogy quickly before it loses value.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Whoa, I'm so super late to Direct Hype!

I just want to know release date for Mario Kart 8 DLC and rest of informations would be bonus! :D

Rosur

Reasonable expectations (for Western audiences):

- Web eShop
- Prerelease downloads
- Monster Hunter 4U
- Fantasy Life
- Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby
- Smash 4 Wii U
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Captain Toad
- Mario Kart 8 DLC
- Splatoon
- Kirby Wii U
- Amiibos
- A scattering of new announcements

Yea this is what I'm expecting along with more info on Yoshi's Woolly World.

Muzy72

Banned
Not that I would expect it, but I wouldn't be all that surprised, either. That French guy said Devil's Third wasn't the only project in limbo Nintendo picked up.
Why do you guys keep believing that French guy? All he's done is make extremely vague predictions, and all his predictions were what many GAF members have been making as well

Why do you guys keep believing that French guy? All he's done is make extremely vague predictions, and all his predictions were what many GAF members have been making as well

I don't know why people cling to that prediction, either.

He does the thing where he says "A game is being saved!" and then will confirm or deny based on announcements. Anyone can do that.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Holy shit out of nowhere. I'll have two monitors at work tomorrow, will catch this for sure.

Thank you based Iwata

Banned
All this hype for a direct that is all about Iwata telling us how Bayonetta 2 reviewed so well and sold over a million copies since release.

Muzy72

Banned
I don't know why people cling to that prediction, either.

He does the thing where he says "A game is being saved!" and then will confirm or deny based on announcements. Anyone can do that.
"Nintendo will remake a game!"
"A Japanese game will be saved!"

Wow, so credible.

wsippel

Banned
I would be surprised considering Lily Bergamo is still happening just in a somewhat different form.

Why are people still bringing the game up anyway? Is an animu girl all people need to see to get hyped?
I think Let it Die being Lily Bergamo is a lie. Lily Bergamo was almost certainly "No More Heroes 3", except they can't use the name or the characters anymore (still, a character that looks almost exactly like Shinobu was in the concept art). Suda even said back in 2012 that No More Heroes 3 would have a different, probably female protagonist.

I don't know how credible he really is. Yes, Devil's Third was a prediction several people made. I know, I was one of the first. But checking his Twitter, he actually really seems well connected (he writes for one or two French gaming magazines as far as I know), so maybe he actually knows something.

takriel

Not a chance. If Zelda was coming out in the next 6 months, we would have seen gameplay of it over a year ago.

Following your reasoning, you don't think Zelda will make it in 2015? :( That would be a damn shame.

zelda never even had a released date, all they said was it coming in 2015

Lol yeah, but come on. There's no way it's going to come out before Holiday 2015.

Akiller

Guys, Kamiya replied with " '@' " when People asked him if he would have attended E3 so i don't Know what to believe.

Banned
Nintendo trademarked "Hyrule"

The next Zelda's title will be revealed to be

The Legend of Zelda: Kingdom of Hyrule

to emphasize the open worldness of the game and exploring the kingdom in depth for the first time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I want Iwata dressed as Jeanne and Kamiya dressed as Bayonetta and Miyamoto dressed as Rodin and they sing Moon River

hatchx

Banned
My predictions:

+mh4u release date for feb
+Mario maker trailer and feb release
+Mario party/yoshi trailers, splatoon maybe
+how amiibo works in games other than smash
+bundles with smash/kart
+last trailer for toad
+Mario kart DLC shown off, hopefully released immediately after
+not a peep abou n3ds
+atleast one new game announcement but could be a japanese 3ds title

-Horizon-

U should another one there lol.

RIP IP in peaceeee lol.^_^
Everything was dead.

I think Let it Die being Lily Bergamo is a lie. Lily Bergamo was almost certainly "No More Heroes 3", except they can't use the name or the characters anymore (still, a character that looks almost exactly like Shinobu was in the concept art). Suda even said back in 2012 that No More Heroes 3 would have a different, probably female protagonist.
post-36309-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-qBhJ.gif

Banned
n3DS release dates for NA would be nice but I know that would cannibilize NA Black Friday sales so it won't happen.

Top Bottom