• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

lol every single time i come to these thread i get hyped up and most of the time endup disappointed... man

anyways i'd like 1 ticket to jump aboard the hype train
What are you expecting? Every time they announce a direct they clearly outline up till what time frame the games will cover. Usually no more than 3-6 months in advance. Then Nintendo usually makes a few surprise announcements at the end. Nearly every time this happens so im not sure how you get dissapointed unless you dont pay attention to where they say "we are only going to discuss titles releasing until this point and on this system". We already know which wii u titles and DLC are expected in the first half of 2015 so we know what to expect.

Regiruler

GIF_-_Wonderful_101_Thumbs_Up.gif

LET'S GO

Banned
The Rumored remake/remaster is said to be 2015 and makes sense. Can't remember who posted that rumor.

I predicted it was the Fire Emblem Radiance Collection. I'll look up the thread and the post.

Euron

C'MON NEW METROID LET'S GO #BELIEVE

Maybe we'll get some new Zelda footage? Splatoon release date? Captain Falcon in Mario Kart?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Probably

Amiibo info for MK and HW, maybe Toad
Toad full presentation
MK8 DLC pack 1 DLC date and details
HW DLC details (all, not only Majora's mask one)
Pokemon ORAS details/trailer/Megas
NES Remix 3DS records
Web eshop/preload functions to be activadet with Smash
Smash U launch trailer
N3DS western details
Xenoblade N3DS port details and date

Possibly
Splatoon release window
Mario Maker release window
Yoshi Wolly release window
Art Academy release window and details
Mario VS DK eshop or Project giant robot release window
MK8 pack 2 DLC details

Unlikely
Fatal 5 western confirmation
Pokken Wii U announcement
SMT x FE first trailer!!! OMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGMGOGG

Murrah

Banned
Mega hyped for this as always, but all I'm really expecting from this is Mario Kart dlc release date (I ain't even gonna get my hopes up for immediate release, or even anything earlier than next week) and Duck Hunt smash trailer. Actually, third set of amiibos (with Mega Man included, natch) would oddly get me most hyped right now, oddly enough.

Anything else they talk about would just be a bonus for me at this point.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Anything's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. I don't think we'll see the game released at least until early 2016 at the earliest.

True but some info would be nice, we haven't even seen character renders or a CGI trailer, and we're approaching 2 years since the announcement so they should have something.

Litri

The Rumored remake/remaster is said to be 2015 and makes sense. Can't remember who posted that rumor.

I predicted it was the Fire Emblem Radiance Collection. I'll look up the thread and the post.

Nintendo has only done Zelda remakes/rematers so far am I right (Ocarina and WW)? If those have worked fine financially, they could be working on a new one. Skyward Sword HD anyone? HYPE!

Rich!

Nintendo has only done Zelda remakes/rematers so far am I right (Ocarina and WW)? If those have worked fine financially, they could be working on a new one. Skyward Sword HD anyone? HYPE!

No, Majoras Mask.

Also you are forgetting the Wii New Play Control series.

Lunar15

I feel like Nintendo is sitting on an Animal Crossing Wii U announcement. Doubtful that they'll reveal it tomorrow, but I feel like they'll announce something like that soon.

Banned
Found it!

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=874817&page=1

Comes from the same person who predicted Devil's Third on Wii U, and Pokémon ORAS.

On vient de me faire une confidence de fou ! #Remastered
Translation: Someone's just let me on a crazy secret!

WiiU ...
Ça va faire plaisir mais c'est du #remastered ! Mais c'est parfait pour boucher les plannings.Vraiment 2015 c'est un jeu par mois pour BigN
Translation: You're gonna love it, but it's a Remaster. It's perfect to fill gaps inthe line-up. Really, Big N [Nintendo] will have one game per month in 2015.
Source

A remaster you say? Wonder which one it could be.

Please lock if old/irrelevant/bishoptl wants some more fish.

I expect a review of the holiday games and content, with a preview for spring content.

But all I really want to see is the inevitable Mario Kart DLC release date, a brief over view of what is for sure coming in the next several months..... and my socks would come off if they showed a Super Mario 3D World 2 with Subcon features.

I'm pretty sated right now with Smash Wii U on the horizon.

Yes, but you forget that in all but two general Directs, they have made at least one big reveal.
Im aware that they typically do this. I just think its better to expect what they told us to expect than to hope for some unknown title to get anounced and get dissapointed when it doesnt get anounced. I see far too often people get angry and dissapointed with Nintendo after directs for no reason.

RavenXtra

Neo Member
Spring 2015? Yes please!

I was hoping for something more than just a recap of what's coming out this holiday. I know what's releasing and what I'll be getting, so I'm glad there will be info on new games.

Kandinsky

-XBX June 2015
-Splatoon March 2015
-Price Drop
-MH4U 3DS/WiiU Feb.
-FFEX
-DQ7
-DQX
-Bravely Second
-Fatal Frame localization
for EU D:
-Star Fox reveal
-SMTxFE canceled

Lets do this.

I'll take a Duck Hunt trailer, more Splatoon and Yoshi info, and a surprise announcement please.

Also Ice Climbers.

I will never give up on them.

Banned
This was my guess for the 2015 remaster back in August that I posted in the thread I linked earlier.

If it's a remaster it won't be anything from the 16-bit era. My theory on this is, with the moderate success of Fire Emblem in the West, the gamepads ability to use the touchscreen and stylus for moving units like in Shadow Dragon, the long duration people have to wait for FExSMT, and the fact that a proper standalone FE has not been announced for the Wii U leads me to believe it will be:

Fire Emblem: Radiance Collection. HD movies, HD characters, polygonal character pieces in the grid instead of sprites, etc.

Since Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are running on GC architecture, are directly related to another, and the fact that Ike is still in Smash despite his character not being the main FE guy since 2007 leads me to believe they left him in smash because they're remastering the last two console FE games that made it over to the west.

It may release in Q1 2015 and have amiibo support to possibly.

Trago

Fuck game announcements for a second, Iwata needs to touch upon those N64 and DS VC games that were promised.

Also, holiday bundle/price drop maybe??

chadboban

I'll never take Nintendo's description of what their Directs will entail at face value. Anyone else remember that October direct last year that was supposed to be "Wii U focused" that ended with a reveal for Kirby 3DS for 2014.

JCX

I'd really like if they made a Streetpass smartphone app that would allow you to collect Miis without taking your 3DS everywhere. The relay points are nice, but you still have to go out of your way to use them.

flohen95

I'd really like if they made a Streetpass smartphone app that would allow you to collect Miis without taking your 3DS everywhere. The relay points are nice, but you still have to go out of your way to use them.

Streetpass is supposed to make you take your 3DS with you. Allowing Smartphones to get Streetpass hits for your 3DS would defeat its purpose.

Top Bottom