• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Okay, just as a fuel for hype engine, I tried to recreate my exact reaction whet I saw the Nintendo Direct announcement (it sure was unexpected, especially after Extravaganza video, wasn't it?).

I will sit with this face until the Nintendo Direct will be over.

KcHjMy1.png

cafemomo

What a shame. I'll be at work during that time

Oh well, it's gonna be 45 mins of instructions on how to remove amibos out of the packaging

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nintendo pls. Stop announcing these the day before. Please announce them exactly one hour before they air. I cannot take the anticipation, even a day is too much.

Well, I would rather to see a day before direct announcement over three days before direct announcement, like Smash Direct.

AdanVC

Oh my god! A traditional Nintendo Direct hosted by Iwata?? Y E S !!1 I've missed this format so much! Can't believe the last traditional Direct was in what? February?? early March? The latest Nintendo broadcasts focused on specific games have been more than excellent but nothing can top a Direct hosted by Iwata, IMHO :D. Where do I buy the hype train ticket?? Count me in!

tumblr_mjx41aKtJs1qaclcqo1_500.jpg

kaioshade

Announce Fatal Frame 5 for the US goddammit.

Seriously Nintendo, this is NOT difficult.

And i will repeat it again. They announce it, i will buy 3 copies and give one to a gaffer.

a bit more kirby and yoshi
maybe Splatoon
Mario Kart DLC 1 detailed
a bit of Hyrule Warriors DLC shown
some Bayonetta secrets explained
Reminder on Pokemon and Smash U release
Amiibo shown

that's about it i think.

Trago

I think they'll pull a fast one and make a Wii U sku without the game pad for $150-200.

They have got to have something for the holidays.

tav7623

I expect to see the following:
Mario Kart 8 DLC
Smash Bros for Wii U
Ultimate NES Remix (3DS)
Pokemon AS/OR
Captain Toad
Splatoon
New 3DS info
Project STEAM
Mario Maker

I would love to see:
Fatal Frame 5 NA localization
Xenoblade Chonicles X footage
Bravely Second release date
GBA VC for 3DS coming Spring 2015
VC/eShop cross buy coming Spring 2015
Metroid 3DS announced
Devil's Third release date
Resident Evil REmake HD coming to Wii U
SNES Remix
Majora's Mask 3D
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD remaster announced

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Project STEAM going the way of Dinosaur Planet and Prince Fluff and becoming an existing Nintendo property.

Advance Wars: Project Steam where you can play as your troops while retaining SRPG gameplay.

But I don't want my 80's american design and MURRICA to be gone

Also VC gameplay is something fresh

DizzyCrow

I think they'll pull a fast one and make a Wii U sku without the game pad for $150-200.

Amiibo, Smash use it on the level editor, some levels of Capt. Toad and the entire new Kirby game is unplayable without it, they won't do it, let it go.

platinum games starfox please.

air and ground missions. With ground missions having gameplay similar to Vanquish!!!

I don't really care for the gameplay I guess, but platinum games sure have a ton of style and character.

I'd be down for a platinum powered Starfox.
Anything to wipe clean the stains of Adventures and Assault.

Hindl

They have Smash. That'll carry them thru the holidays. Now with the way MS has been bundling and slashing prices, and Sony's dominance seemingly by default, they won't win the holidays, but they'll sell a decent amount. Depending on how they do, I could see Nintendo cutting another $50 off the Wii U around March or so

Trago

They have Smash. That'll carry them thru the holidays. Now with the way MS has been bundling and slashing prices, and Sony's dominance seemingly by default, they won't win the holidays, but they'll sell a decent amount. Depending on how they do, I could see Nintendo cutting another $50 off the Wii U around March or so

That seems more realistic.

Sheroking

There's no GamePad-less SKU of the Wii U coming, now or in the distant future. It made more sense when there were only a few games that required the pad. Now there's Amiibo and the Miyamoto games, and I have a hard time seeing Zelda not requiring it, actually.

Roo

There's no GamePad-less SKU of the Wii U coming, now or in the distant future. It made more sense when there were only a few games that required the pad. Now there's Amiibo and the Miyamoto games, and I have a hard time seeing Zelda not requiring it, actually.

Seriously? smh..

Seik

Banned
I'm glad Iwata is coming back with the good old Nintendo Directs as soon as he takes back his seat.

My man, make my dreams come true, tomorrow! :D

HYYYYYYYPE!

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

If Zelda doesn't use the game-pad for inventory, and to aim hook shots and whatnot, then that's a missed opportunity.

AdanVC

Seriously, It's so good to have a traditional Direct. It's in this broadcasts where everything can happen! What if they show an actual Zelda U trailer tomorrow at the end of the Direct!? Not gonna happen but ahhh, this type of excitement and speculations before a Direct is really cool haha, I've missed them.

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
I predict they will announce something that causes meltdowns on gaf.

F*cking Donkey Kong!?

Sheroking

Seriously? smh..

Yes. Seriously.

I think you'd have to be pretty ignorant of how Nintendo operates to think otherwise on any of that.

If Zelda doesn't use the game-pad for inventory, and to aim hook shots and whatnot, then that's a missed opportunity.

Best case for those who prefer the Pro controller here: They support pause menus and hotkeys to handle the second screen management without the second screen. It won't be as easy as Wind Waker, which was designed around the GameCube controller. This game will be built primarily with the GamePad in mind.

Worst case, you have to play with the GamePad because it's integral to puzzle design. To support the pro controller, they would either need to ignore the touch screen and motion applications entirely or build in a pro-controller alternative.

Aiming and item management is a no brainer.

Sayter

I predict they will announce something that causes meltdowns on gaf.

F*cking Donkey Kong!?

I think it will be a wrap-up of what's coming out this year. However, it would be nice to see Iwata do a 'oh, and more thing', announcing something fantastic. :)

Hindl

That seems more realistic.

Yeah what I'm expecting is if sales are a little weaker than expected, then I'd expect the cut in late January/February. If sales are good or exceed expectations, then that would give them good financials for the year, and I'd expect a price cut to coincide with the start of FY 2015/2016 to carry that first quarter until E3.

Regardless, HYPE. I'm so pumped for this ND, even though I'm just expecting news about already known games. But we still have so much to know about them that I'd be fine with even no surprises. Hopefully this'll be a solid direct, and then we can get a January 2013 ND 2.0 to start off 2015 with a bang

Seriously, It's so good to have a traditional Direct. It's in this broadcasts where everything can happen! What if they show an actual Zelda U trailer tomorrow at the end of the Direct!? Not gonna happen but ahhh, this type of excitement and speculations before a Direct is really cool haha, I've missed them.

Definitely. One-game Directs, while still being awesome, missed that "event", even "show" feeling. I am really hyped to experience it again.

Neiteio

"Ha-ro, this is Satoru Iwata. You all thought I was sick, but I assure you, I was not. I was getting all Pure Platinum medals on Non-Stop Infinite Climax as (spoiler character)
Rosa
in Bayonetta 2. Now I am back, and my balls... are even bigger. Please understand."

Top Bottom