• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

I think it will be a wrap-up of what's coming out this year. However, it would be nice to see Iwata do a 'oh, and more thing', announcing something fantastic. :)

That is what usually hyped. While the general layout of Directs is always clear (sometimes even more than needed, espeially in game-centered ones), that "one more thing" is always the place we are putting our bets in.

I wonder if Japan will drop anymore New 3DS games. Xenoblade doesn't interest me, I know there has to be others. I just want to know what I should expect out of the New 3DS. It be real lame if they are mostly ports or slight enhancements.

RagnarokX

It's about time. Glad Iwata's back.

ibcYFKzPBNfyYW.gif

If Zelda doesn't use the game-pad for inventory, and to aim hook shots and whatnot, then that's a missed opportunity.

I would rather they kept the motion plus set up for zelda. I simply love skyward sword.

Do not make me torn apart betweed my favourite inventory management system and my favourite combat system! :( But, as far as I think, it will be clear that we should expect something like The Wind Waker HD, and I won't be surprised if they did that remake mainly to look how Zelda game can be controlled on Wii U.

xandaca

The Direct will apparently only be covering games released between now and Spring 2015, so don't expect any announcements (except perhaps smaller eShop games). For the Wii U, it's likely to be Smash U, Captain Toad, Mario Kart DLC, possibly something on the Pikmin shorts, I'd wager Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World, and Splatoon as an outside bet.

EDIT: Oh, and probably Sonic Boom as well.

K-A-Deman

The Direct will apparently only be covering games released between now and Spring 2015, so don't expect any announcements (except perhaps smaller eShop games). For the Wii U, it's likely to be Smash U, Captain Toad, Mario Kart DLC, possibly something on the Pikmin shorts, I'd wager Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World, and Splatoon as an outside bet.

Nintendo has a precedence with announcing games that go up only a few weeks, days, or minutes following an announcement. That's part of what makes Directs so hyped; ANYTHING can happen.

jmizzal

Wow didnt think we would get a ND for upcoming games until after Dec 5th

Nice now we can find out the future lineup

I bet a unannounced game or two will be revealed

Nbz

Hoping that the reason Shovel Knight wasn't on this week's PR is because it will be released after the Nintendo Direct after being plugged during it

L95

I've long known that my expectations should stay low... but I will allow myself to be a little excited.

Frodo

Aim high with that hype, peeps!

It is all about the ride. I've already booked the day off, so I can be at home when they release Vanquish on the eShop tomorrow in preparation for the sequel they bought from Platinum.

Since Majora's Mask 3D is inevitable, who think it's gonna be revealed this time?

Oh man that'd be glorious. I'm also holding out for Sunshine & Galaxy games HD release,Metroid WiiU and SMTxFE and Zelda WiiU info.

Expectations are beyond scaling back at this point. HYYYYPPEE!

Molemitts

Oh man that'd be glorious. I'm also holding out for Sunshine & Galaxy games HD release,Metroid WiiU and SMTxFE and Zelda WiiU info.

Expectations are beyond scaling back at this point. HYYYYPPEE!

Oh yeah there were rumors of a HD remaster, too. I'm expecting Galaxy collection HD. I don't want to get hyped, but it seems quite likely.

TheMoon

I'm guessing the N3DS will get a release date for NA/EU

That is one of the things that definitely will NOT happen. They don't announce new hardware two weeks before Black Friday when the whole reason for them not announcing it so far is they need to sell off their remaining 3DS stock this Holiday.

Wait. I just recalled Japan is only getting Devil World this week and the US Press release last week didn't tease the upcoming vc games. We could in fact get n64 virtual console tomorrow

What I'm hoping for:

-Unprecedented partnership with Bethesda to bring Retro Studios-developed remake of Doom 64
-New Metroid announced
-Giant open world Pilotwings U
-New Excite Truck with giant island to explore and online free-for-all with 8 players
-Announce Mario 64 2
-Star Fox 64 2
-Show new trailer for Zelda U

What I expect:
-Mario Kart DLC final reveal
-Amiibo
-Toad's Adventure

Top Bottom