• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

iyRjbpq8YKmMJ.gif

Nintendo gaf this thread needs more gifs. Let the hype consume you

I would love this GIF so much more if the OCD in me didn't kick in.

NintendoGAF
SonyGAF
but not MicrosoftGAF?

Azure J

Ohhh, you're like Loco4Coco

OiQzCMb.png

Hype trains are great, no matter how well or badly it ends.

It's still so weird to see people in 2014 not getting why these threads and Direct hype is best hype. No matter what, you're guaranteed hilarity at the least. Good gaming related announcements are just cherries on the top.

javac

In my opinion hype is half of the fun. Even if they announce some amazing games, eventually we will all return to earth from cloud nine when the dust settles. Everyone was crazy when X was announced or when the Treehouse was going on and the hype was in the air...for a while. Eventually we all went about everything as we always do eventually so it's cool to get excited in the moment when we get the chance. Sure some things are outlandish in terms of what people expect, but even with games that we know about...there's a lot more to be discovered (Think SM3DW trailer) and now with DLC being embraced by Nintendo even games we have in our hands have untapped potential.

There's a lot of stuff they can talk about in regards to Amiibo like a new wave or the next game specific line up (I doubt they will do that so close to Smash however), X, Yoshi, STEAM, Fatal Frame, eShop stuff, 3DS localizations etc. And ever since they started Directs, the time between reveal and release is shrinking so that's something to think about. Have faith and get excited I say!

Zalman

I don't remember the last time a traditional Direct was disappointing. Maybe I'm just good at setting my expectations.

Jay RaR

What am I expecting in this direct?

3DS: Sonic Boom, new 3DS?, Pokemans OR AS, indies?, that Pikachu detective game?, Code Steam

Wii U: Smash 4, Hyrule Warriors DLC?, Mario Kart 8 DLC, moar Eshop games preferably more Virtual console stuff, Sonic Boom, Pokken?, Star Fox, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, X, Zelda Wii U, Splatoon, indies, Mario Maker

Both: Smash DLC? C'mon, I NEED to know more about Mewtwo! :[

Pretty great stuff to expect! 'cept that I got class during this time! >:O

Sapiens

Do not make me torn apart betweed my favourite inventory management system and my favourite combat system! :( But, as far as I think, it will be clear that we should expect something like The Wind Waker HD, and I won't be surprised if they did that remake mainly to look how Zelda game can be controlled on Wii U.

I was totally fine with inventory on SS! Have not touched a Wii U yet, so I can't speak to it's strengths.

It has to happen eventually :(
One of these directs for sure! If not this one, it'll be there February one for sure.
Hope will never die!

Doubt Fire Emblem Wii U will be announced since I don't think IS has the team size to do that, Fire Emblem X SMT and Codename Steam at the same time.

I have my doubts as well due to IS working on those other titles right now, I just want to know it'll exist. :(

jmizzal

Here are my new announcement predictions

Fatal Frame U announced for the west - Jan 2015

NMH3 WiiU announced - Short trailer

Platinum games announced as devs for Star Fox WiiU- short trailer

Thank you for viewing

2thepoint

I predict new videos for

Project Steam new trailer
Smash Bros. Duck Hunt Trailer
Captain Toad Demo available
Xenoblade Chronicles X new trailer
Mario Kart 8 DLC detailed w/ release date
Hyrule Warriors DLC detailed w/ release date
Yoshi's Wooly World New Trailer + date
Splatoon New Trailer
Mario Party 10 new trailer + date
Pokemon Omega/Alpha new trailer
1 New title announcement for 3DS and Wii U
Amiibo features revealed for Hyrule, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Mario Party 10

length = 40 minutes.

That's depressingly on the money.

seady

Hope they show more of Splatoon with a big upgrade to the artstyle and scope of the game world.

I think they were afraid to put too many resources at first, but after the game got a ton of buzz at E3 they are willing to invest into this new IP.

Kouriozan

Hope Mario Maker is March or before, and I want to see more about it.
Mario World theme, more items/ennemies/obstacles, fast and easy Miiverse sharing.

Hatchtag

Banned
I personally am hoping for at least 2 new 3DS game announcements. It's looking to be a bit of a dry start to 2015 otherwise. Maybe a new Warioware?

I was totally fine with inventory on SS! Have not touched a Wii U yet, so I can't speak to it's strengths.

SS system is fine, but it was sooo convenient to flip through maps and swipe items I do not want to go back to traditional menus again. Also, gyro item controls in WWHD were way better than pseudo-pointer controls in SS (and on par with excellent IR pointer controls of Twilight Princess).

Top Bottom