• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Show me more truly boundless exploration.
lol_by_onilink888-d81lv0k.gif

isn't that gif destiny being compared to X.

emb

Hopefully they'll go all-out hyping 2015 WiiU releases. That way people will be more inclined to buy WiiU this holiday, knowing what's coming in a matter of months.
I'm hoping for that too. Seems like a decent angle to validate something that would also benefit me.

"Hey you guys on the fence, remember Wii U is getting Splatoon and Zelda and Xenoblade next year. Here's another sneak peek in case you forgot the hype."

We've seen so much of Xenoblade at E3 (and for a while before, in so many Directs), I'll be surprised if we don't see something here. Zelda and SMTxFE on the other hand... I doubt.

Splatoon, Yoshi, and the others listed for the first half of 2015? I think so. Even if they end up delayed, we'll probably get an update.

Choomp

Banned
He's back!

iRHXh1VT5TWc3.gif

Predictions, directly to you:
Mario Kart 8 DLC trailer and release date
Smash Bros. for Wii U demo available immediately
Watch Dogs will officially disappoint
Miyamoto's projects show their true form
Indie/eShop sizzle reel
Multiple 3DS announcements for 2015
New Splatoon footage (public beta announcement, believe!)

I think the next Direct will be January, and that's where the real bombs will drop.

Ooh, ya think? How awesome would that be. Hopes really high for the Star Fox game.

Has anybody else noticed that ps blog has a new game or two to announce every single day, whereas the Nintendo direct is bi-monthly and usually is just showing a feature to a game we already knew about? I'm sorry, but I can't get excited about a new Smash Bros feature. I'm getting the game. Tell me about that F-Zero or Metroid or Mother game you've been working on.

Here's what I want to see tomorrow:

• Duck Hunt "Threeie" developed by Amarture Studios
  • The Last Guardian saved from cancellation by Nintendo = Wii U exclusive. Holiday 2015
  • Metroid Dread for 3DS
  • Metroid Final M for Wii U from Retro (includes Super Metroid HD and Metroid Online)
  • Legend of Zelda HD Collection (Ocarina, Majora, Wind Waker, TP, SS) in February
  • Zelda Wii U to launch right after E3 2015
  • Mario Maker allows custom sprites/animations/power ups
  • Mega Man Maker
  • Side-scrolling F-Zero beat em up/racer
  • Paper Mario 3: Wart Returns
  • Proper account system, cross-buy program, and region unlocking
Don't let me down Iwata!

Tregard

Soothsayer
Predictions time as predictions are fun:

Nintendo Amiibo Skylanders thingy
Progress on one of Miyamotos games
Splatoon single-player info
Mario Kart 8 DLC available after Direct
Duck Hunt Dog Smash Bros trailer
Mario Maker, new Mario Bros 3 skin
Treasure Tracker stuff

Wildcard - Duck Hunt Duo eShop platformer

hatchx

Banned
Has anybody else noticed that ps blog has a new game or two to announce every single day, whereas the Nintendo direct is bi-monthly and usually is just showing a feature to a game we already knew about? I'm sorry, but I can't get excited about a new Smash Bros feature. I'm getting the game. Tell me about that F-Zero or Metroid or Mother game you've been working on.

PS blog announces indy game. Don't rain on the ND parade, for all we know F-Zero, metroid or mother could be announced tomorrow.

Cømet

Banned

• The Last Guardian saved from cancellation by Nintendo = Wii U exclusive. Holiday 2015
  • Metroid Dread for 3DS
  • Metroid Final M for Wii U from Retro (includes Super Metroid HD and Metroid Online)
  • Legend of Zelda HD Collection (Ocarina, Majora, Wind Waker, TP, SS) in February
  • Mega Man Maker
Don't let me down Iwata!

Wart would be great for a Paper Mario 3, and it's about bloody time we got a new one!
Needs more stage battles and less real-time though

That's a pretty nice list, overall.

Akiller

• Metroid Dread for 3DS
  • Mega Man Maker
Don't let me down Iwata!

The last ones are the most unlikely.

Cømet;137328865 said:
Wart would be great for a Paper Mario 3, and it's about bloody time we got a new one!

I know, right? SMB2 was a huge hit in Nintendo's glory age, you'd think they'd find some use for Wart, Triclyde, Mouser, et al...<crickets>

Alternate title: Paper Mario 3: My Body is not Veggie

foltzie1

A simultaneous worldwide Nintendo Direct seems like the perfect opportunity to stop considering and actually #EndRegionLocking.

Hear Hear!

Plus having a functioning update system in place would be an idea situation to have one gold binary and push updates to enable languages and ratings in other regions. Introduce an OS api that usethe default system language in a game and allow it to be changeable using the usual methods.

Also, one could lock the unlock behind a paywall ala the $0.30 charge for the internet filter, or just warn on boot up at the same time as the parental settings warning and disallow any game from another region if parental lock is used.

Yarbskoo

Looking forward to seeing Iwata again. I'll be glad if we see more of Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I won't be too disappointed if we don't.

Majora's Mask 3D please Iwata

Exile20

Their last full production was Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, though they also assisted with Tropical Freeze as well I believe.

As for what they're working on? I have no idea! I believe their website is still mgiracing.com. I hope they return to their roots and make an over the top racing game for the WiiU.

Just not F-Zero. I'd rather Nintendo assemble the old GX team for that, as unlikely as it might be.

Excite Truck 2 was be dreamy. Hated ExciteBots, too many gimmicks and didnt like the bots.

Full online
Huge jumps
Next gen Deformation of terrain
Many trucks
User music
5 player local multiplayer

Molemitts

• Metroid Dread for 3DS
  • Mega Man Maker
Don't let me down Iwata!

Ask for Mother 4 and a Pokemon MMO while you're at it.

Vibranium

Banned
Ok, I'm really excited, my wallet is ready.

I hope to hear about the New 3DS though I know Nintendo wants to keep it under wraps through the holiday season in North America. I guess more 3DS games would be great, and any Wii U holiday bundles would be cool.

JCX

Soraya Saga tweeting this pretty much guarantees that XCX will release before spring. Get hype.

XCX seems way farther along than they're letting on, I mean the E3 trailer and Treehouse demo seemed really complete.

Given the character creation, I wonder if they will have a hunting-genre type online mode for co-op. I'd prefer story focused though.

I hope there's a Smash Wii U demo.

I can't wait to find out what lengths Nintendo will go to this time to try to keep me from playing it for a week.

Already can't sign into Club Nintendo. Looks like the joke on me is starting early.

I need all of this or I'll be disappointed:

-Zelda U gameplay trailer
-Nintendo buys The Last Guardian
-Pokemon MMO announced for Wii U
-Super Mario Galaxy 3 Surprise Release right after the direct
-Majora's Mask 3DS
-Ridely DLC in Smash Bros
-New animated Mario Movie announced to be in development by Disney (Wreck it ralph team), teaser trailer shown

AniHawk

my realistic expectations:

-mother trilogy 3d announced for 3ds
-rodea the sky soldier revealed with 2015 release date
-star fox trailer (star fox voiced by matthew mcconaughey)
-bayonetta 3 teaser
-super smash bros. 4 dlc plans outlined with first dlc releasing in may
-project guard amiibo announced - the cameras look excellent
-super return of the jedi shown off for wii u eshop with pricing and launch date to be announced later
-majora's mask 3d shown off as new 3ds exclusive, will contain two extra dungeons in an extra scenario where link goes back in time to fight majora's original form
-splatoon trailer with commentary from the team
-mario maker details outlined
-more codename steam information

one more thing: sonic 24th anniversary game announced: sonic generations 2

TheMoon

I hope there's a Smash Wii U demo.

I can't wait to find out what lengths Nintendo will go to this time to try to keep me from playing it for a week.

Already can't sign into Club Nintendo. Looks like the joke on me is starting early.

There won't be a Smash U demo. There's 0 need for it.

Smash 3DS demo was needed to convince people that it works. Smash U doesn't need that and it'd be a waste of resources.

openrob

NINTENDO

DO THE THING

I can watch this one for once, yay for not Thursday at 6PM Eastern directs!

tumblr_ncnnwdxuSR1reln8uo1_400.gif

Basically, it can go either way. It can be a recap of stuff we know (smash Bros, amiibo, captain toad, etc) or it will be a massive blowout e3 teaser level. Seriously hoping for the latter!

Zalman

My uncle works at Nintendo and he told me there will be a new Ice Climbers game.

My uncle doesn't actually work at Nintendo.

TheMoon

tumblr_ncnnwdxuSR1reln8uo1_400.gif

Basically, it can go either way. It can be a recap of stuff we know (smash Bros, amiibo, captain toad, etc) or it will be a massive blowout e3 teaser level. Seriously hoping for the latter!

We know it covers games up to Spring 2015 so it's not just recaps.

Azuran

Banned
F-Zero GX HD
Advance Wars 3DS
Majora's Mask 3D
Playable Zelda in MK8
Wonderful 102
Animal Crossing Wii U with New Leaf crossplay.
Mega Breloom

I need it Nintendo.

Koppai

Soraya Saga tweeting this pretty much guarantees that XCX will release before spring. Get hype.
In Japan, dont expect it here until next fall.

I honesty hope a new game gets announced but i think it is unlikely. Theres that Steam and Fossil Fighters. I dint expect Nintendo to announce New 3DS right before the holidays here if they arent releasing it until next year.

Nintendo to reboot Mega Man Universe?!

My list was a joke, but this one I could actually see happening. A make-your-own Mega Man editor would be a cheap and quick way to capitalize on Smash Wii U if it does well. It's not like Capcom is doing anything else with the IP.

Top Bottom