• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Kyou

I'm keeping my expectations low, so there's probably only going to be Fzero, Starfox, Metroid, crossbuy, region unlocked, and every videogame will be free forever.

Zero²

In Japan, dont expect it here until next fall.

I honesty hope a new game gets announced but i think it is unlikely. Theres that Steam and Fossil Fighters. I dint expect Nintendo to announce New 3DS right before the holidays here if they arent releasing it until next year.
She retweeted the europe direct too...

18-Volt

Most likely:
- Smash DLC: Mewtwo... and Lucas! Stages for both of them.
- Rest of the amiibos: Sonic, Megaman, Pac-man, Charizard, Greninja etc.
- Unlock DLC in Mariokart with amiibos!
- Mario, Peach and Luigi amiibos unlocks playable characters in Captain Toad.
- Splatoon in Feb 2015!
- Mario Maker and Devil's Third in March!
- Mario maker DLC, SMB2 and SMW sets.
- One final surprise Wii U game.

Not likely:
- Anything about New 3DS (for west)
- Anything about 3DS at all (for west)
- Fatal Frame 5 localization
- Brand new ORAS info
- Xenoblade X

SalvaPot

Hype? Hype.

tumblr_n5us5k3yTC1rgryomo1_500.gif

While I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, I don't think this direct will be a letdown. The holidays are coming up and Smash Bros is going to make a lot of people consider buying a Wii U. This would be the perfect time to show those on the fence what's in store next year.

Plus the MK8 DLC and Smash will introduce new players to F-Zero and Captain Falcon so they'll be ready for F-Zero UX

JoeM86

tumblr_ncnnwdxuSR1reln8uo1_400.gif

Basically, it can go either way. It can be a recap of stuff we know (smash Bros, amiibo, captain toad, etc) or it will be a massive blowout e3 teaser level. Seriously hoping for the latter!

Seriously? A Direct is never a "recap". There's always new information at the absolute worst. There is a middleground.

BumRush

Hadn't really followed Nintendo for a while but just bought a WiiU so I am trying to catch up. Should we expect big things for this?

Even if there aren't awesome announcement (there always is at least one for these worldwide ones), it'll be nice to see Iwata presenting again. It seems like it's been ages since we've seen him doing one of these. Was the last one really the E3 one or have I missed a Direct that he hosted?

Seik

Banned
Hadn't really followed Nintendo for a while but just bought a WiiU so I am trying to catch up. Should we expect big things for this?

Nobody knows, that's why everyone speculates
crazy
stuff.

That's the magic of it, if you ask me. There's always a nice little surprise in those ND though.

amnesiac

Majora's Mask 3D and Metroid are honestly the only things I'd probably look forward to.

And a linked 3DS/Wii U VC account system so I can play Earthbound on my 3DS.

takriel

Seriously? A Direct is never a "recap". There's always new information at the absolute worst. There is a middleground.

But Directs can be disappointing, sadly. However, if I remember correctly, it's been a long time since we've gotten a non game-specific Direct, so there's still a chance that we'll see new interesting things.

Mr. Doop

But Directs can be disappointing, sadly. However, if I remember correctly, it's been a long time since we've gotten a non game-specific Direct, so there's still a chance that we'll see new interesting things.

Yeah, this is the first non-specific Direct since E3.

Megaman whatever exclusive for Nintendo platforms, co-developed by Nintendo, because Capcom doesn't know what to do with the series.

Calling it.

mf luder

I predict new videos for

Project Steam new trailer
Smash Bros. Duck Hunt Trailer
Captain Toad Demo available
Xenoblade Chronicles X new trailer
Mario Kart 8 DLC detailed w/ release date
Hyrule Warriors DLC detailed w/ release date
Yoshi's Wooly World New Trailer + date
Splatoon New Trailer
Mario Party 10 new trailer + date
Pokemon Omega/Alpha new trailer
1 New title announcement for 3DS and Wii U
Amiibo features revealed for Hyrule, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Mario Party 10

length = 40 minutes.

Don't forget watchdogs and sonic boom.

JoeM86

Only if you hype everythng up to be a huge announcement of something new, taking retweets people make as evidence that there will be something huge etc.

shaowebb

All I dream of is an announcement for the release of a localized Culdcept 3ds...its been nearly 4 years since they promised it! I know Omiyasoft has had a steady stream of updates with new cards and stuff to support the title but just localize it already. The folks at Culdcept Central have been holding the fort with Saga for nearly a decade now of monthly tournies...it'd be great to see this finally make it.

Top Bottom